Dow 10/08/01

ChartMan

Legendary member
5,580 46
Well,well,well.Nice to get it (almost) right for once.As I suggested in the chat room last night, the drop below support could be a tailfake, and so it proved to be.I sugsted that the target for today may be 400, and the DOW closed at 415.:)
First a horror drop (why was that) to 205 and a nice bounce off there to form a double bottom . I was surprised at the rate of the drop, as well as the extent. I had expected a drop to 250/support, but not to 205 in 6 minutes.I thought that was hello 100, but it was another false move.We rallied on to test 300( as suggested) and a pullback to 270, followed by a strong rise to over 400. This was tested 5 times in all, finally closing at 415, 10 points above the 50% retrace from the current high of 603 odd. Interestingly, the first pullback from the 400 test bounced of the38% line at 364. This was also the current downtrend resistance value.
We now have a major double bottom formed at 210 and this should provide strong support for the coming days.Equally strong is the 38% retrace value of 360 and that should provide immediate support.
Ignoring the big drop today, yesterday's bull wedge gave a target price of 400 from the breakout.Pity about the drop, it would have been a perfect piece of TA.
Next week we could see a nice rise, so long as 400/360 is not breached.Next stop will be 453/464 (82%). That's a strong point to get past. Get past that though and it looks an easy ride to 600.....I guess I won't win the DOW comp on Monday's close with my estimate of 11,060...

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock