More Corruption

I'm not so sure, Pat. These people are very hardfaced. This is a bit of a nuisance for them, unless they have done something really bad in getting the money in the first place. That is why the Pujol family is in the courts, but a lot of the offshore stuff is legal.

However, a lot of this I don't like much. Is it really necessary to name Cameron for his dad's activities? At least, keep it quiet until proved. However, the press has it, so there is no way to keep it dark, especially if the name is well known.

The Public has the right to know!:D

+1

He should not be held responsible for his father's activities, just like you or me should not be held accountable for any of our family members. Besides, I think he inherited the money in `2005, 2008 ? That was a long time ago to be digging up old dirt.

+1

He should not be held responsible for his father's activities, just like you or me should not be held accountable for any of our family members. Besides, I think he inherited the money in `2005, 2008 ? That was a long time ago to be digging up old dirt.

He isn't held responsible for his father's activities. How so?

He basically benefits from a company based off-shore in the Bahamas. Nothing wrong with that either except he said he did not currently benefit from any offshoe shares or would not do so in the future! His words.

Moreover, shares are sold to the tune of £30K just avoiding paying any tax. How convenient. Clever management or just didn't wish to pay any tax by selling more and exceeding the threshold???

Let's give him the benefit of the doubt and say he simply got investment and unit trusts mixed up and his not clever enough to be a stockbroker.

So what do we say about this then David Cameron has criticised the comedian Jimmy Carr, describing him as "morally wrong" for seeking to avoid taxes.

Call me a cynic if you must but all this BS about defending his dad is just a smoke screen, deflection and distraction to dig him self out of the **** hole he dug him self. Far worse than just keeping quiet or speaking the truth and let everyone else decide for them selves.

Yes, Atilla, but this latest post of yours is New News that we did not know before and most of us did not believe him because of association.

I admt that I have been, severely, contaminated by what is going on, here, in Spain.

Artur Mas was associated with the Pujols. Guilty? We can't even be sure of what.
The king's sister is on trial and now his aunt is a Panama Name. Is the king guilty?
The Leader of Spain's government and most of the others have lost credibilty because of Barcenas's corruption, etc. Are they guilty.?

That makes me a bit cynical about Dave Cameron. Yet, there was no evedence at the time.

What bugs me about tax dodgeing by the rich and criminals is that the rest of us have an extra burden to carry. While they are relaxing on the Med somewhere in luxury.

Avoid Taxes like the plague!

It gives me immense satisfaction knowing that bellyaching losers are bugged by the idea that they have an extra tax burden as a result of smart and successful people avoiding taxes. I made a huge tax free profit by investing in Index-linked savings certificates, I take TOIL instead of pay whenever I earn overtime to avoid paying extra taxes, I will continue to invest in tax-free ISA’s and use my Spread betting account to avoid paying taxes on capital gains. I only buy legal tender gold bullion coins because they are free from capital gains tax.

I am going to continue making an effort to exploit every tax avoidance scheme available to me because my intention is to drive up the tax burden on every bellyaching loser in the U.K.:devilish:

I encourage every smart and successful person to do the same, why pay more tax than necessary? Only bellyaching losers do that! :LOL:

Tax dodging is a serious offence, especially on their scale. Many of the rich are into every scam going. West London used to be a delightful, not too expensive area. Now it's full of rich non doms with Philipino maids. Did our politicians get rewarded ? Who knows.

Pat you mention ''full of'', I think the number of non doms is nothing of the full capacity and West London is pretty big. Why do you not mention the many immigrants of the ''legal' variety who contribute nothing and extract a huge toll on the rest of the country whilst making a mockery of the UK and all it offers to everyone no questions asked.

A few hundred non doms who contributed plenty in stamp duty and continue to give quite a bit to the exchequer in VAT and even their Philipino maids drop something locally.

I think we should be less offended by the non doms and not be jealous of their wealth and more focused on the real leeches that have taken over London and many other parts of the England these last 10 years or so. I don't think many non doms are getting children's allowance for kids who have never set foot in England.

It gives me immense satisfaction knowing that bellyaching losers are bugged by the idea that they have an extra tax burden as a result of smart and successful people avoiding taxes. I made a huge tax free profit by investing in Index-linked savings certificates, I take TOIL instead of pay whenever I earn overtime to avoid paying extra taxes, I will continue to invest in tax-free ISA’s and use my Spread betting account to avoid paying taxes on capital gains. I only buy legal tender gold bullion coins because they are free from capital gains tax.

I am going to continue making an effort to exploit every tax avoidance scheme available to me because my intention is to drive up the tax burden on every bellyaching loser in the U.K.:devilish:

I encourage every smart and successful person to do the same, why pay more tax than necessary? Only bellyaching losers do that! :LOL:

What a selfish anti social view. Money isn't everything you skinflint scrooge type. Got a sackful of loot stashed away abroad too I expect. The potholes won't be filled in on your expense then. High time the dregs are flushed from the tax havens and pay double their share to make up for their thieving ways imho
All income should be declared or forfeited.
Many at the top just can't resist it and so the loopholes remain open.

Last edited:
What a selfish anti social view. Money isn't everything you skinflint scrooge type whoopsie. Got a sackful of loot stashed away abroad too I expect. The potholes won't be filled in on your expense then.

Anti social no, just realism. Why should people who have and make their money elsewhere pay it in tax in the UK? Apple don't bring their $60bn they made overseas to America for the same reason. Own an Apple device?

You have no issue with the UK exporting billions in aid without a care for the British born masses who live in poverty, not to mention the potholes.

You have no issue with the billions being exported by the legal workers from Eastern Europe and everywhere else. Yet let's get excited by a few headlines about rich people who could have done many legitimate things to avoid UK taxes.

The non doms, hundreds and not ten of thousands pay a fee to legally reside in the UK. No crime is committed and it is a policy not changed by the many varied governments who had ample time to do it.

Now back to the real leeches in the UK why are you not up in arms about that?
It is a big world out their Pat and not everything in the Guardian is true, sorry to tell you and by the way do you know about Santa? For an older gentleman your views are very naive. I am realistic about what can be achieved and not moralistic. Your index finger must be very tired with all that pointing.

Just seen your edit or addition. Why should income not earned in the UK be paid in the UK by non doms?

If you are not in in public office and abusing those who voted you in, I agree.

There is a big moral difference here. It does not have to be illegal.

Those I mentioned in my previous post are in high positions of trust. They have to be whiter than white. It goes with the job., like priests, scoutmasters and pedophilia,

Anti social no, just realism. Why should people who have and make their money elsewhere pay it in tax in the UK? Apple don't bring their $60bn they made overseas to America for the same reason. Own an Apple device?

No

You have no issue with the UK exporting billions in aid without a care for the British born masses who live in poverty, not to mention the potholes.

Not so. I resent the billions wasted abroad especially money funnelled through to terrorist organisations.

You have no issue with the billions being exported by the legal workers from Eastern Europe and everywhere else. Yet let's get excited by a few headlines about rich people who could have done many legitimate things to avoid UK taxes.

The non doms, hundreds and not ten of thousands pay a fee to legally reside in the UK. No crime is committed and it is a policy not changed by the many varied governments who had ample time to do it.

Apparently non doms live in the best properties in the best areas buying properties with money garnered by dubious practices abroad ( blood money ).

Now back to the real leeches in the UK why are you not up in arms about that?
It is a big world out their Pat and not everything in the Guardian is true, sorry to tell you and by the way do you know about Santa? For an older gentleman your views are very naive. I am realistic about what can be achieved and not moralistic. Your index finger must be very tired with all that pointing.

Be proud to contribute to Britain's need.

That's a stretch even from Michael Foot's number one fan, that most non doms made their money from dubious practices. Come on be realistic.

I was brought up in the UK and if I ever choose too come and live there again, though after a week in London that idea is always shelved, my money would all be legitimate from trade and mine to spend as I wish and no tax due. It is a fact.

The billions wasted abroad and all on the immigrants that arrive daily are ten thousand fold the few bob you don't get from non doms. The non doms is just sexier and makes headlines.

You have a country where a taxi driver can't fly the cross of St. George for the Euros as it is considered racist. Now try that argument with a French taxi driver or can you imagine that conversation in my adopted country Russia in two years. Good luck with that.

That's a stretch even from Michael Foot's number one fan, that most non doms made their money from dubious practices. Come on be realistic.

I was brought up in the UK and if I ever choose too come and live there again, though after a week in London that idea is always shelved, my money would all be legitimate from trade and mine to spend as I wish and no tax due. It is a fact.

The billions wasted abroad and all on the immigrants that arrive daily are ten thousand fold the few bob you don't get from non doms. The non doms is just sexier and makes headlines.

You have a country where a taxi driver can't fly the cross of St. George for the Euros as it is considered racist. Now try that argument with a French taxi driver or can you imagine that conversation in my adopted country Russia in two years. Good luck with that.

I suggest you don't try fiddling your tax contribution in your adopted country. Could be painful.

I suggest you don't try fiddling your tax contribution in your adopted country. Could be painful.

I've never done it because I have too much to lose in other ways, but there is so much going on here, in high places, that I think that the authorities do not have time for the small fry.

Yes, Atilla, but this latest post of yours is New News that we did not know before and most of us did not believe him because of association.

I admt that I have been, severely, contaminated by what is going on, here, in Spain.

Artur Mas was associated with the Pujols. Guilty? We can't even be sure of what.
The king's sister is on trial and now his aunt is a Panama Name. Is the king guilty?
The Leader of Spain's government and most of the others have lost credibilty because of Barcenas's corruption, etc. Are they guilty.?

That makes me a bit cynical about Dave Cameron. Yet, there was no evedence at the time.

Hi Split,

Yes agree and I believed Cameron too when he on Tuesday morning adamantly said "I have no shares, no offshore trusts, no offshore funds, nothing like that. And, so that, I think, is a very clear description."

Tuesday PM - "To be clear, the Prime Minister, his wife and their children do not benefit from any offshore funds."

Wednesday - A spokesperson for Downing Street offered a further clarification and said: "There are no offshore funds/trusts which the Prime Minister, Mrs Cameron or their children will benefit from in future."

Thursday evening - The Prime Minister admits he profited from shares held in an offshore fund set up by his late father but insisted it was "subject to all the UK taxes in the normal ways".

My personal view is that I believe this to be a government policy issue.

The only way to tackle this problem is by applying the law of the land. Declaration of Earnings is a legal requirement. So if bodies have misled HMRC then they should be pursued. Same as benefit fraudsters or other UK tax payers.

To all those people who mouth off British Sovereignty should adhere to laws of Parliament. Instead we have such people decide to take their money and them selves to other places whilst voting otherwise. Heard expats in Spain wanting to vote in for Brexin but complaining they are denied the vote.

It's becoming a' a hotch potch mess of a democracy. :eek:

I think we should also all start using off-shore tax efficcient vehicles if they are legal then the Government will be forced into making policy changes.

One for all and all for one as the musketeers motto goes.

Problem is when some pigs think them selves more equal than others.

The problem is the government feel they have the right to backdate policy. Anyone involved in some loophole better be prepared to pay for every year they were using a loophole. It's not a case of stopping these days. I know of several individuals who owed 80 to 130k to the government. They also expected the total paid in full and didn't offer a payment plan

Let the witch-hunt begin!

All income should be declared or forfeited.
Many at the top just can't resist it and so the loopholes remain open.

Good idea. Maybe you should start rounding up all the tax dodgers in this very forum. i.e. Full time traders not paying any tax on their spread betting profits.

Maybe you could start a thread called "Spread Betting Tax Evasion Amnesty" to see if anyone turns themselves in. Otherwise, begin the witch-hunt yourself.

Go for it Pat494, you're just the man to lead an angry mob wielding pitchforks (y)

It would be foolish to tax SB profits as one would then be able to offset losses against gains else where.

As we all know 90-95% lose money.

Solution lies in policy not individuals doing their own thing.

Last edited:
Good idea. Maybe you should start rounding up all the tax dodgers in this very forum. i.e. Full time traders not paying any tax on their spread betting profits.

Maybe you could start a thread called "Spread Betting Tax Evasion Amnesty" to see if anyone turns themselves in. Otherwise, begin the witch-hunt yourself.

Go for it Pat494, you're just the man to lead an angry mob wielding pitchforks (y)

I thought we had one member who was 'taxed' on his spread bet profits.

Lol as he regularly said.

The problem is the government feel they have the right to backdate policy. Anyone involved in some loophole better be prepared to pay for every year they were using a loophole. It's not a case of stopping these days. I know of several individuals who owed 80 to 130k to the government. They also expected the total paid in full and didn't offer a payment plan

Certainly right about that!!!

Special update: Offshore tax scheme warning - Royal Court of Justice ruling

If you have once used or are thinking of using an offshore tax scheme as a way of avoiding UK tax please read the note below.

Thursday 28 January at 9:30am the Royal Court of Justice ruled the retrospective effect of BN66 is not unlawful.

Which in plain English means that HM Revenue and Customs can now go back in time and retrospectively apply a piece of tax legislation which will affect thousands of contractors who either once used or are still using an offshore scheme/company as a way to avoid paying UK taxes.

HMRC can now go back as far as 1987 (which is when BN66 was imposed), so even if a contractor used a scheme in 1987 for one day or one year, they may now have to pay both fines and backdated taxes.

This news further supports the fact that contractors should think very carefully before using offshore schemes as a way of avoiding paying UK taxes.

Basically if you live in the UK, work in the UK, get paid for work you do in the UK, there is no way and has never been any way of avoiding UK taxes. Working through your own UK limited company is and has always been the most tax efficient way of working legally.

Still wondering how everyone else does it. Need more digging (y)