Monthly Thread: September 2004

rezo_s

Established member
Good Day everyone!

New month... I wish everyone best of luck!

I will be making live calls here with integrated hedging applied to my trading.

Rules are simple:

- I traded testing this simple technique to apply it during/before the news coming out, but it turned out to be ok with any entry.

- trading same signals as usual, but with less filtering. I.e. trading more than I was before - avg 2 positions a day. But since it will be opposite trades vs US dollar, I call it one trade

- entering 2 opposite positions vs US dollar. Entering simultaniously or after entering first position trying to lock several pips before entering the second. For ex: long EURUSD, wait for it to move 5-10 or a bit more pips in favor and then sell GBPUSD

- using same value stop losses on both positions

- after one position is stopped, meaning the second is in profit, taking profit on part of the profitable position and keeping the rest for bigger target, closing it according to market situation or applying trailing stop.

- leverage: from 1:4 to 1:5 (i.e. on 50k acc, executing 200-300k)

- 40-70 pips stop losses

- pairs traded:

EURUSD vs. GBPUSD

EURUSD vs. USDCHF

rarely: USDJPY vs EURJPY (vs GBPJPY)

optional:

- closing half or whole loosing position before the stop loss

Example of trade from Yesterday (see the image):

Time:

Aug.31 07:34 am EST

Bought GBPUSD and sold EURUSD

10:20 EST GBP was stopped.
12:02 EST closing half of the EUR position and leaving the rest for 1.2110 target.

Sep.01 03:04 closing the remaining EUR position.

please note: all trades are still in test mode and not applied on managed accounts yet.

Wish you all to have a very profitable day, week and month!

Good Luck!

Rezo

Attachments

• ex_trades.gif
    ex_trades.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 291
For today looking to:

buy GBPUSD at 1.7920; s/l 40 pips

and simultaniously

sell EURUSD with same 40 pips s/l

Entries: market (no order) - will post once/if I enter

taking half of the profit on +60 pips with moving stop to +20 on remaining position

Just bought 100k GBPUSD at 1.7911 and

sold 100k EURUSD @1.2156

40 pips stop on both

these are trades executed on 50k demo account with RefcoFX.

100k EURUSD closed at 1.2187 (-40 pips)

still open: 100k long GBPUSD @1.7911

Why do 2 trades and pay away two spreads when you were putting yourself short euro sterling, in effect.

Well, I dont think it is possible to do what I am trying to do by trading EURGBP.

Attachments

• Aug16-31.htm
    56.2 KB · Views: 374
The remaining 100k GBPUSD hit the stop at 1.7871

Result till now: -1.6%

No more trades expected for today.

For tomorrow looking to sell GBPUSD and buy EURUSD.

Will post tomorrow.

Same sad story as yesterday:

both trades were stopped. GBPUSD was stopped for -60 pips without EURUSD moving significantly and EURUSD was now closed manually, because after the payroll numbers stop wasnt filled so I closed it manually at 1.2074.

Now bought 200k EURUSD@ 1.2126
sold 200k GBPUSD at 1.7826

both with 40 pips stop

Hi all!

holding 100k short GBPUSD @1.7826 with stop at entry point.

Looking to sell EURUSD tomorrow either on break below 1.1985 or near 1.2100/30 area and hedging it by selling USDCHF.

I wish you all a successful week!

Rezo

Attachments

• eurusd05.gif
    eurusd05.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 285
Just covered 100k GBP short @1.7789.

Almost no action for today. Quiet day. Will be targeting tomorrow for same trades I mentioned yesterday.

Good Luck!

45 pips stop loss on both. May cover one of those earlier - > will post in that case.

USDCHF moved up, and stopped at 1.2704.

Covered 100k EURUSD at 1.2068 and holding the rest 100k with stop revised to entry point (1.2100)

bought 200k EURUSD at 1.2286
bought 200k USDCHF at 1.2664

both with 30 pips stop loss

data feed normal?

I'm paper trading with the folks at CMS and this morning about 7:51 Eastern Standard Time (U.S.) my charts started to look all funny. My one minute charts show mostly single posistion dots instead of candlestick bars, and my tick screen shows data from 2 hours ago up through now. 5 min chart looks normal. It's like I'm only getting every 50th tick or something. Anyone else see anything weird today?
JO

Euro stopped, Just covered USDCHF at 1.2577.

We have hollidays here till the end of this week, so I will be away. Back on Monday.

Happy Rosh Hashanah! (Jewish new year!)

Rezo

Hello Everyone!

For the coming days: I will try to sell EURUSD around 1.2300 with 30 pips sto & hedge it by selling USDCHF.

Good Luck!!!

Attachments

• eur21.gif
    eur21.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 210