Monthly Thread: March 2004

rezo_s

Established member
Hello Everyone!!!

I have just bought USDJPY at 109.05. That is the price the second I am posting this.
Small target is 55 pips with 35 stop, and for those who prefer longer term target, its 111.00 with stop at 108.35.

Good Luck!

We've been as high as 109.45 over the night, now trading at 109.25.
After 40 pips in favor, I have just moved stops to lock 10 pips on small target trade (from 108.70 to 109.15) and to breakeven on longer term trade (from 108.35 to 109.05).

Good Luck!

Morning all,

Short on GBP/USD at 1.8739 after poor figures on PMI/CC plus 60 min looking bearish/oversold and is that signs of a double top? Target was 1.8660, previous low, heading that way now and next target is 1.8550.

Also short on EUR/USD at 1.2497 on similar results but watching this closely and will reverse on any further news of potential interest rate change.

Kev.

Pretty Flat but still some Points to make

One of my best set ups is on a Flat Market this morning I set a couple of Buy and sell orders in with stops (Yellow) at 50 points - Also Limits at plus 100 points were set (purple) - this was 0830 this morning - I went on shift then and have just come back 13.10

Attachments

• mond1.jpg
    mond1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 612
Monday No 2

So this is the position on a One Minute Chart - Necxt Shows the action I took (for info only)

Attachments

• mond2.jpg
    mond2.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 615
Monday No 3

OK cancelled the Buy order anf moved my stop to lock in small profit - Then set an alert to advise me to trail my stop if it goes the right way...

Attachments

• mond3.jpg
    mond3.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 614
Monday 4

Just watching it go the wrong way - Profits small but secure - Letting it Run or stop

Later - Stopped out with small profit. Looking for the next move probably do a similar set up again....

Attachments

• mond4.jpg
    mond4.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 595
Last edited:
Trades closed. Long term for zero result and short term with +10pps.

Good Luck! :)

Cable hit first target at 1.8660 and this gave key support all day, although this did dip to 1.8650 at one stage. Resistance at 1.8740 hit 3 times over the day. My first trade hit stop loss at 1.8680 after the 2nd bout of news from the US and after that I just kept it dead simple and followed the trend up and down this range. Great when your'e not working but quite stressful for a beginner now playing with real money!

Gave up on the EUR/USD after it failed to mirror cable (another theory blown!) and completely missed a good short opportunity.

Kev.

Lo all,

Short on cable again but missed the start of the run at 6.30am gmt. Looking for that 1.8550 now and if it fails to bounce then next target 1.8475.

Eyes on next news out of US due at 15.00.

Kev.

EURUSD Tuesday March 16

Hello Everyone, hope you are all doing great!

7:19am GMT now, euro is trading at 1.2296/00, and its testing the break upside of a triangle on 4hour charts. I think if we break up, it may trigger the retest of the 1.2440 - 1.2500 area; if we break down, it should trigger retest of 1.2100 area. Lets sit tight and see what it is. As I am writing, its trying to break upside...

I wouldnt suggest to trade this break for a long term no matter which way, because markert doesnt seem to be confident enough for me yet...but its up to you after all. I will not be trading it - that is my call, but if at all - then with tight stop in place - 30 pips tops.

Anyway, I wish you all you have a great trading day! (and try to enjoy

Best Wishes!

Rezo

Hello

Does anyone know if there is an annoucement today about
US interest rates.

And if so what reaction do you think the market will have to the news?

Regards

Mark

FOMC rate decision today at 7.15pm gmt Mark....as for the reaction?? who knows mate, just be on your toes & wary of a poss spike!....also some U.S data out at 1.30 (gmt), so watch out for that also!........ :D

http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/Calendar.html

try the above link & print it off beg of every week....it'll give you a slant on the upcoming news events due out!!

First target is 6930 with second target at 7050.

resistance:

1)6820
2)6875

Attachments

• eurgbp0316.gif
    eurgbp0316.gif
    16 KB · Views: 391
Hi all,

Stop loss was hit today on the EURGBP trade. Loss of 54 pips.

I am going to sit tight and wait for developements on Majors crosses before resuming trading. Euro is mixed and as the most traded pair its dragging the whole market into same situation.

For now - no trades. most probably only next week shall I resume trading. USDJPY and its corosses (EURJPY and GBPJPY) may be a good sell. Will see. Picture is still unclear mostly o Majors.

Good Luck Everyone!

Rezo

Following yesterdays post EURUSD 240min chart triangle, we can see that even though it seemed like euro is breaking upside, it was a false attempt and now we are seeing it trying to break downside. Hopefully break will occur soon and finally give market any direction. Its not certain though, and we may still stay in range trading, slightly changing the range up or down.
Lets watch closely what is it going to be. Once again, same as yesterday, I don't suggest trading this break at the moment, but if at all, then with very tight stop loss in place.

Good Luck everyone!

Attachments

• eurusd17.gif
    eurusd17.gif
    11.3 KB · Views: 734