Monitor...

mrfigure

Anyone trading with a 30" monitor ?

Thinking of this option instead of multiple monitors.

If so what are you guys using....Dell, Nec etc ??

I've a hp 27" and using it's display partition feature I could possibly get away with it. one monster 30" monitor should be ok? tbh actually not sure whether a windows feature or it's the gfx card doing the partitioning? or the monitor itself? it does what it does, that's all I know but it works ok, I believe there are lots of different configs of screens and is a neat feature, sometimes!! t2w definitely doesn't like being pushed into partition screen and gets chopped to pieces. mine's currently set to two screens with a vertical split, I've not tried any other of the variations, mainly due to windows 8 and not being able to find sod all on the pc.

I'd still see a traditional multi monitor set up as best option, unless you're tight for desk space.

Funny you should mention the partitioning, as that's what I'm looking at buying a 30" for. I've seen it work on a dell u3011 on YouTube, split the screen into four, which would obviously mean 4 charts for trading. As you say though I'm not sure if it was a windows software feature or a screen management facility within the monitor. Will have to make enquiries as I'm currently looking at an nec monitor which will be connected to a Mac mini.

after a little more playing around, the vertical split into two screens I currently have is done by windows 8, I know not if it is configurable yet. I've found the monitor software and have uploaded an image of the screen variations that it provides.

Attachments

• hp display.PNG
    hp display.PNG
    138.1 KB · Views: 365
Anyone trading with a 30" monitor ?

Thinking of this option instead of multiple monitors.

If so what are you guys using....Dell, Nec etc ??

If you don't want to go for Multimonitors and want to use your desktop on-board graphics card then do check the resolution it can support.

on 30" if resolution is less then you will have to sit little far from it and it can strain your eyes.

22" looks good on 1980*1080 which is Full HD. Higher resolution is recommended.

Instead of going for Dell ill suggest to go for LG which supplies IPS monitors to Dell and purchase its IPS monitors on which colors are amazing.

Go to some PC shop like PC World and you can notice the difference yourself.

Loving the big monitors! Got a samsung 40 and 32 next to it. Once you go big you never go back! IMHO.

Cheers