Money.net - any use??

nodd1e

I need to view charts etc in real time whilst i am at work and cant access packages such as Q Charts,E Signal and Tradestation due to the Company Firewall.What i really need is the ability to see numerous charts on one page at any one time.Ive heard the new 'Market Mosiac' from money.net allows you to do this.Wondered whether anyone had used this product or whether anyone has any alternative product suggestions?Any contibutions very gratefully received.

thanks

I used Money.Net for a while but found their service totally unreliable.

It was always breaking down and although very cheap, it was basically pretty hopeless.

Check out IQ Feed.

Also cheap but better in terms of reliability.

Guys,
I have been trialling (7 day) iqfeed to use with quote tracker.
I must admit I have found the combination to be "useless" I get price spikes all over the place on Nasdaq stocks, even when using the spike elimination facility built into QT :mad:
When I then compare the chart with other vendors, the spikes arn't visible on the charts produced by the other vendors.

Chicken Curry could I ask, are you using QT or some other package?

Samtron

For the amount of money that I pay I do not expect or demand perfection.

Yes, I do use IQ Feed thru QT and I find it perfectly adequate for my Nasdaq stock day-trading.

I do not find that you get excessive spikes and where large spikes do occur which distort the graph, then I just use the software to get rid of them.

Maybe your expectations are out of proportion with the asking price, in which case you may need to go for a more expensive option.

Chicken Curry said:
Samtron

For the amount of money that I pay I do not expect or demand perfection.

Yes, I do use IQ Feed thru QT and I find it perfectly adequate for my Nasdaq stock day-trading.

I do not find that you get excessive spikes and where large spikes do occur which distort the graph, then I just use the software to get rid of them.

Maybe your expectations are out of proportion with the asking price, in which case you may need to go for a more expensive option.

Valid comments Chicken Curry, I wasn't knocking QT (or IQfeed) in actual fact I think QT in particular, is absolutely brilliant. The functions and overall reliability have in my opinion been outstanding
Its just that issue of price spikes that for some reason I can't resolve. I have spent quite a bit of time trying various combinations eg QT+IB, QT+Money.Net, etc all with the same result.

I think the problem maybe nothing to do with QT.

Anyway I hope this clears up any possible miss-understanding.

No problem Samtron.

I agree with you about QT.

I use the free version ( have to click on a few ads ) and find it entirely adequate and quite brilliant considering I do not pay for it.