Missiles away

wasp

Legendary member
Not that I'm complaing much as it helped me get 100 pips out of cable today but...

So North Korea developed weapons that can attack long distance and this morning they tested a few. So what? Is it not slightly hypocrtical that everyone is complaining when the US themselves spent more last year on defense than they did on education. If the US had something similar it would be justified in the name of terrorism.

I don't particualry want war nor fighting anywhere and whilst I don't condone it all, how can anyone object, especially Bush?

Maybe I have it all wrong but it sounds like double standards to me...?

It may be double standards but I prefer to think of our Western allies with control of this technology than what appears to be a rather crazy bloke who has nuclear capability and is able to dictate precisely when to ready, aim, fire at who he so chooses.
This is probably more sabre rattling and will lead to concessions and diplomacy and hopefully eventually turn N.Kora into a less harsh place to live for the average joe.
There is good argument in this World for a Hedgemony of sorts, just not sure US is the best bet anymore with the current administration doing its best to re-interpret all the check and balances of the constitution.

twalker said:
.....what appears to be a rather crazy bloke who has nuclear capability and is able to dictate precisely when to ready, aim, fire at who he so chooses.

and that scary bloke in Pyongyang is a bit if a chancer as well.

how about the possibility that its all a bluff? after all, we're dealing with a leader that has difficulty feeding his own people. I think America will think twice if not three times about attacking N. Korea. Hands full already with Iraq + Dick Cheneys resignation..