Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Read a couple of the first pages of this... Sorry, I am uncommitted - I haven't bothered going through all 290 odd pages of comment... One thing did get me though.....

There's a claim in there somewhere that this lemon trained or let his 'system' to over 100 banks, and 10% of their traders... It's a pretty big claim, sure. It's like saying my wineverytimesupermegamodel works for everyone, but also, over 100 banks use it!!! Now, assuming just some of these banks are the biggish banks, which they must be, this is like saying 'my model transacts 80% of all transactions, in any product, over any horizon, of every single global market.

Now, that's a really impressive claim. Surely, if your own personal model that individuals could buy was so successful you essentially were the worlds liquidity provider, and you literally controlled the trade of almost everyone of size, you'd be a bit more successful than the chap punting this?

Obviously it's all tosh - I just loved the 'over 100 banks, and 10% of their traders use my system'. That literally makes you so big you would have more trade information that the BIS. Fortunately he is happy to share that for a moderate cost to plebs so we can all make annual earnings that make BP **** themselves.

Update on employment tribunal:
Mike has a new solicitor that is claiming that both TT and Spyglass (or their new company names MBTWP and TMZF) are in liquidation and that they can not afford to pay the court fees let alone any monies owed to former employees.
Judge is having none of it and they are looking into the financial situation of all of his companies.

Alfboy - please could you tell us the name and/or website of the new solicitors you mention Baghdady is currently using. The previous one we knew of was Sarju Kotecha of turbervilles.co.uk - they later asked to be removed from the court register as his legal representatives. Our lawyers suggested this was because he may not have paid his bills with them. On Friday 17 August 2012, we successfully had a judgement served against his company, Spyglass Trading, now TMZF Limited, for breach of contract and unpaid bills. The court also threw out his defamatory counterclaim - this can shortly be made publicly available to view. We would be very grateful for any info you can give us about his current legal representation, and urge anyone who is owed money by him to not to be discouraged by his legal threats/counterclaims.

The comments state that the he is going to run a course at the American University of Cairo approved by the Ivy League!

Have any of the people taking legal action thought to contact the university or the Ivy League on this claim? It may not be strictly relevant to your case but I'd have thought any further evidence of dishonesty would have worked in your favour.

It would only take a coupe of e mails to clarify matters.

Have any of the people taking legal action thought to contact the university or the Ivy League on this claim? It may not be strictly relevant to your case but I'd have thought any further evidence of dishonesty would have worked in your favour.

I saw that. Did make me wonder whether there might be more than one Ivy League :LOL:.

The relevant contact is:

Monal Abdel-Baki, PhD
[email protected]
Department of Economics
School of Business
The American University in Cairo
AUC Avenue, P.O. Box 74 New Cairo 11835, Egypt
Telephone +202.2615.3248, Fax +202.2797.4979

Maybe he meant this Ivy League, a comedy band. That would certainly be appropriate.

The Official Ivy League Web Site

:LOL:

Surely not though? If Mahmoud had a band, wouldn't he call it something like Mike and The Slappers? There is actually an ideal name - Bad Company - but that's already been taken. Although from what's been alleged on this thread, perhaps Bad Companies would be more appropriate.

First single could be We are the Champions. He could also cover songs by Caca Roach (similar in sound to Papa Roach). They could do a world tour of all the major places - London, Cairo, New York, Leicester...

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

On a happier note, this has got me thinking about Bad Company, which naturally leads one to think about Free and so on. What a truly outstanding vocalist Paul Rodgers is. :)

This is the contact at the American University of Cairo who is responsible for Baghdady doing anything with them. I have already emailed her (Ms) and pointed out this thread and ensured that if they are indeed dealing with Baghdady they need to do little more due diligence. It could be very bad for their reputation to get into bed with Baghdady and then find out what he has been up to.

Please feel free to add your own input - it will help them get the message.

Ghada Howaidy

Director

Institutional Development

School of Business

[email protected]

Seems Mahmoud Baghdady is really gearing up again to have a further go at taking $$$$$ from the unwary out there.

This email was sent to a friend of mine in response to a question about how the software is guaranteed for a "Lifetime" Of course it is not.

James Morgan seems to be the new Sales Manager. Anyone heard of him? (based in the USA probably)

"Having the risk of any company going out of business is a valid concern , you take the same risk if you are buying a Mac or buying MS office … if MS goes out of business your office software will continue to work but you may not get an upgrade but it still functions and does its job .

You will get a Lifetime license this is how it would be issued to you in the same way we have issued it to all our clients … it has no expiry . That is the best we can do

You will also get the full course + the 6 month mentoring …. this is a GBP 15,000 you are getting for only GBP 3995 .

Its a great investment

Respectfully

James

James Morgan

Sales Manager"

Seems Mahmoud Baghdady is really gearing up again to have a further go at taking $$$$$ from the unwary out there.

This email was sent to a friend of mine in response to a question about how the software is guaranteed for a "Lifetime" Of course it is not.

James Morgan seems to be the new Sales Manager. Anyone heard of him? (based in the USA probably)

Of course. One assumes that it is the famous congressman from New Jersey. I imagine he will make an excellent Sales Manager.

Of course, he died 190 years ago, but I doubt that will matter too much:

James Morgan (congressman) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• lolzturtle.gif
    lolzturtle.gif
    17.4 KB · Views: 215
Any word on Baghdadys new turtle traders? It all went very quiet? PR Scam?

It's all buried in this thread. Mike I believe said it went very well and he is very proud of all of them. Other have alleged that it all ended in failure and considerable acrimony, with some turtles even taking office equipment with them as they stormed out.

It was also alleged that some turtles, contrary to what was claimed, paid substantial sums of money (tens of thousands of pounds) for the privilege of being turtles.

I do not know which version is true, but I understand that all parties are in agreement that it is over. The fact that it ended after a few months, rather than running for years and resulting in the turtles becoming hedge fund managers, might or might not be instructive. Who can say?

The best thing might be to contact Mr Baghdady and enquire of him. I am sure he will welcome your question.

Alfboy - please could you tell us the name and/or website of the new solicitors you mention Baghdady is currently using. The previous one we knew of was Sarju Kotecha of turbervilles.co.uk - they later asked to be removed from the court register as his legal representatives. Our lawyers suggested this was because he may not have paid his bills with them. On Friday 17 August 2012, we successfully had a judgement served against his company, Spyglass Trading, now TMZF Limited, for breach of contract and unpaid bills. The court also threw out his defamatory counterclaim - this can shortly be made publicly available to view. We would be very grateful for any info you can give us about his current legal representation, and urge anyone who is owed money by him to not to be discouraged by his legal threats/counterclaims.

He used one company but then they removed themselves from representing him as he claimed to be insolvent. He then went to KMC Consulting of help with debt advice. Welcome to KMC Consulting - Insolvency and Debt | KMC Consulting

I called them as they were listed on the court papers but they advised that they are not representing MB as they were instructed to help liquidate his companies. He advised that even if I get awarded any monies from the court, no one will pay out as MB is in New York and all his UK companies are closed.

This is not entirely true but I can guarantee that MB will not turn up to court, nor will he honour the courts judgement should it go in my favour.

The man has zero integrity and believe that he has no intention of returning to the uk. There is a matter of principle here I intend to follow this through.

How MB deals with this situation will determine how I deal with it.

Any further assistance you feel I can add, please feel free to ask.

Last edited:
Any word on Baghdadys new turtle traders? It all went very quiet? PR Scam?

It all collapsed, they were never fully funded as promised and some of them had paid up to £50,000 to get on the program. It all ended very messy it seems. Mind you most people saw that coming, it was a marketing trick from day one.