Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

They were "instructed" to close all "open " positions by Baghdady. No discussion - just do it!

Several turtles have left and several more are about to. There is nothing left to do at the moment.

The turtles are directors of this particular company. They have a say in how its run, and they share fiduciary responsibility.

If people have left, why are they still registered as directors ? Anyone with an ounce of sanity wouldnt want their names to be associated with this nonsense.

If there where genuine problems, its highly unlikely that these people would just sit around in the hope that someone is able to fund them. The fact that noone has seen a single director officially resign tells a different story.

I'm sure that the whole turtlrs endeavour is doomed to failure, and the evidence in the public domain tends to support that, but reading between the lines I believe that that the turtles still have faith that they can pull this off. It may be misguided faith almost cetainly, but its still faith.

You cant really say "several turtles have left", if you really knew the situation, youd know exactly who had left (and their names are public domain knowledge and there's no reason why you couldnt name them), when they had left, and why they had left !

:LOL:

I think someone has a secret hidden agenda (and I'm not talking about Mr Sharky and his boys)

The turtles are directors of this particular company. They have a say in how its run, and they share fiduciary responsibility.

If people have left, why are they still registered as directors ? Anyone with an ounce of sanity wouldnt want their names to be associated with this nonsense.

If there where genuine problems, its highly unlikely that these people would just sit around in the hope that someone is able to fund them. The fact that noone has seen a single director officially resign tells a different story.

I'm sure that the whole turtlrs endeavour is doomed to failure, and the evidence in the public domain tends to support that, but reading between the lines I believe that that the turtles still have faith that they can pull this off. It may be misguided faith almost cetainly, but its still faith.

You cant really say "several turtles have left", if you really knew the situation, youd know exactly who had left (and their names are public domain knowledge and there's no reason why you couldnt name them), when they had left, and why they had left !

:LOL:

I think someone has a secret hidden agenda (and I'm not talking about Mr Sharky and his boys)

Hare

I agree with what you are saying. I'm not sure how long CH takes to process and publish resignations from an LLP or indeed if the Turtles even know they can or should resign if they leave. So as you say there is no proof that two of them left other than the hearsay provided here. I imagine that even if they do resign we will be having the same argument, did they resign because they were unhappy or did they resign to join Berkshire Hathaway as they were so profitable? Until one of them comes out and says what happened we will never know for sure.

If you look at some of the boiler room scams such as Royal Petroleum you will see that the people with the most to lose are always the last ones to admit they've been had. The truth is so painful to contemplate that they will believe in anything else regardless of how unlikely it is. They will fall for scam after scam in the hope that they can recover their initial loss. They will not admit that they were totally and utterly fooled by something which, when you actually look at it with any degree of common sense, appears completely ridiculous. I'm sure some of them still have 'faith' as you put it, even against all the odds.

What is this hidden agenda, is it so well hidden that nobody knows what it is? If anyone connected to this debacle intends to start up their own Turtle program or training program I'd say they be well advised to give it a miss. The names are all well known and can be easily connected back to Baghdady. If that was the intention why draw all this attention to the whole 'train to trade' industry? We all know its full of rip off merchants and any new companies will be tarred with the same brush, especially when/if the most famous of them all is exposed.

Last edited:
Playing devil's advocate, and allowing the guy his "World Champion" status as an exaggeration, are these courses really any worse than the 30K students will soon be paying for university degrees, when they often have no real prospects?

Evidence.
Earlier in the thread it was stated that Mr Baghdadys previous accountants had taken him to court for non-payment of invoices.

As this is a matter of public record anyone wishing to confirm this can search as follows. Do not know the outcome.

Clerkenwell & Shoreditch County Court, London
Claim Number: 1QZ19135

Between: Best Choice Accountancy Ltd & Spyglass Trading Solutions Ltd & Mr M. Baghdady

As I said - evidence of what was claimed..

So go ahead and back it up with evidence. Then there can be no complaints.

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Playing devil's advocate, and allowing the guy his "World Champion" status as an exaggeration, are these courses really any worse than the 30K students will soon be paying for university degrees, when they often have no real prospects?

What about if the university said it was ranked number 1 in the world and it turned out to be a polytech in Pakistan? Would they be entitled to feel ripped off? Agreed that neither group has much in the way of prospects though.

If anyone is in the London area - just pop along to the Training Traders offices and see how many turtles are there and how many are trading.

Just been...

Looks like there's just 4 left.

teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-3.jpg

One thing we can be certain of. All trading vendors are profitable traders - that's why they chose to become vendors.

I just can't see the attraction in it for someone who was a failed trader. But if you were a successful trader, why, it's the most natural thing in the world.

:rolleyes:

What about if the university said it was ranked number 1 in the world and it turned out to be a polytech in Pakistan? Would they be entitled to feel ripped off? Agreed that neither group has much in the way of prospects though.

Wow! Number 1 in the world? Where do I sign up?

The point is, there are independant ranking agencies, which would allow a prospective student to verify if the claims where actually true. I think that most of those agencies are fairly open about the criteria that are used.

I am from Pakistan. We have few good polytech institutes in Pakistan. We do not have world's 1 University at this time.

A cheater is a cheater whether in the United States or on the Mountains of Himalayas.

There are lot of Pakistanis on this forum and I personally do take offense to your reference.

I am from Pakistan. We have few good polytech institutes in Pakistan. We do not have world's 1 University at this time.

A cheater is a cheater whether in the United States or on the Mountains of Himalayas.

There are lot of Pakistanis on this forum and I personally do take offense to your reference.

Good point but the reference could be made to any number of countries whose universities are not highly ranked. I think you are being a bit over sensitive in taking offence. To be honest if you said that anyone with a degree from Leicester was an idiot I wouldn't take offence.

Good point but the reference could be made to any number of countries whose universities are not highly ranked. I think you are being a bit over sensitive in taking offence. To be honest if you said that anyone with a degree from Leicester was an idiot I wouldn't take offence.

Leicester residents are 23% foreign born with 29.4% population from South Asia which is India/Pakistan/Srilanka/Bangladesh and a few other countries and around 7% from other races. These are 2006 stats. Any university in Leicester has around 40% chance of having teachers and students from India/Pakistan/Srilanka/Bangladesh.

From what I can gather you seem to have an implicit or explicit bias towards immigrants especially from places like Asia. I have been a victim of Mahmood who happens to be from Egypt and is an immigrant in the United Kingdom but I would never avoid Egyptians just because I have been victimized by one.

I do not want to give this thread a new dimension and divert people from the core issue but I do believe you might have certain bias toward people of color.

This is what I have gathered and you are within full right to deny it and I can be completely wrong which is just fine and part of human nature.

Leicester residents are 23% foreign born with 29.4% population from South Asia which is India/Pakistan/Srilanka/Bangladesh and a few other countries and around 7% from other races. These are 2006 stats. Any university in Leicester has around 40% chance of having teachers and students from India/Pakistan/Srilanka/Bangladesh.

From what I can gather you seem to have an implicit or explicit bias towards immigrants especially from places like Asia. I have been a victim of Mahmood who happens to be from Egypt and is an immigrant in the United Kingdom but I would never avoid Egyptians just because I have been victimized by one.

I do not want to give this thread a new dimension and divert people from the core issue but I do believe you might have certain bias toward people of color.

This is what I have gathered and you are within full right to deny it and I can be completely wrong which is just fine and part of human nature.

Just for balance. Take a look at your avatar and tell me if some people might find it offensive !

Just for balance. Take a look at your avatar and tell me if some people might find it offensive !

Few ladies will definitely find it offensive and they have the full right to post and complain about it.

Just like that few people from Pakistan will find pboyles statement offensive and many will not and most will ignore. I took an offense to it and posted my concern which I have the right to do without breaking any stated forum rules.

If I am breaking any rule regarding my avatar then please feel free to take corrective action that is required per forum rules. This may include a warning or complete banning whatever the owners or moderators of this for profit business chooses.

I have not asked pboyles for an apology and have no intention of doing so. I have just stated that I take offense to his post. He is under no rule obliged to even reply to my post.

I think you missed my point. I have a degree from Leicester, my point is that there's no need to take everything personally. Likewise if a feminist were to take offence at your avatar I'd also say they were over reacting.