Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

I know how it works, I did traditional ju-jutsu for a long while. The Japanese are terrible.

Would you call your kids dirty arabs? That's how you stop this stuff.

I'm not going to touch the slavery thingy in here. Got enough essays to do lol.

Actually - the Japanese are great. You need to reserve your judgement until you get there. Fantastic place, great people. Seriously.

Look at you - a few Ju-Jitsu lessons and you have written off an entire race.

No - I don't call my kids dirty Arabs. It stopped with my dads generation.

As for slaverly - it's ancient history. People of African descent can make an issue of it forever. No slavery victims are alive today and neither are the slave drivers.

BTW - my kids are mixed race & I have lived in a Xenphobic country for almost 15 years. I can't recall once ever complaining about the things locals can do here that I can't. You just get on with it.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tony Michaels. After careful consideration over the last few weeks, I have decided to tell my story to the world. I was in the inside of Training Traders for the last 6+ months and saw it all. My position in the company was Sr. VP of Sales and Marketing, which put me directly in the middle of what was going on.

The reason I am coming forward is to set the record straight as best I can. I will not speculate on what I don't know, rather I will tell my story as I saw it and heard it with my own eyes and ears. I will not engage in a pissing match with any of you I will be very happy to provide as much truth as I can.

I am going to chronicle my story and will be done over several days allowing me to be as detailed as possible. I will try to answer your questions as best I can and will not engage in speculation.

Let me be clear as to why I chose to provide this information...I want to make sure that Mike Baghday and people like him do not get a chance to hurt good people in the future.I am not here for any financial gain as I have been paid every nickle that was due me. How I achieved this is the best part of the story and I will save it for my final posting.

If anyone would like to communicate to me offline, feel free to write to me at
[email protected].

I will start my official posting of my story tomorrow March 19th. If any of you decide to excoriate me for doing this....shame on you!!!

Come back tomorrow as I will start right from the very beginning of my experience with Mike Baghdady.

Have a great day,

Tony Michaels

P.S. Invite all your friend in the Financial world to read this story. It will help them spot a scammer and con artist and not get sucked in as I was.

BTW - I have negotiated official popcorn selling rights for this thread from now on...

Only $15,999 a bag and if you go elsewhere for popcorn, I'll sue your ass...

turtle-popcorn.jpg

Looking forward to your story Tony!

This is a personal response not an official company response.

Looking at this topic there are 2 or 3 people (including a bitter ex-employee) who seem to be determined to harm Mike Baghdady's reputation and business. The topic itself was started within a few days of someone leaving the company vowing to bring down the company.

This hate campaign has not just been limited to this forum, posters have been pasted on the office building, staff, clients and creditors have been badgered with phone calls, text's or in person.

Just to put this topic in to perspective, the 2 or 3 people attacking Mike Baghdady and Training Traders are not clients, have not purchased anything and have not done the courses.

Despite the amount of time this topic has been going, its size and exposure, there is a significant lack of posts by any disgruntled clients (strange since the 2 or 3 campaigners have claimed such things as scam, fraud etc). I am willing to bet as soon as I post this fake new anonymous posters will appear claiming to be clients :)

Anyone supporting Mike Baghdady or Training Traders has been viciously attacked.

I am surprised this topic has been allowed to run for so long and surprised a lot of its content has survived as this is clearly a campaign by 2 or 3 people to damage a persons reputation and business. Had the topic been backed by a number of disgruntled clients it would have had some validity.

Malcolm

Has the turtles program stopped or has it not? Also the people that ran this company should look in the mirror when apportioning blame. Who was the smart guy that came up with the idea of the tv advert? Who decided on the world champion claim? You have only yourselves to blame, you thought you were all very clever and the public would be fooled. Had you made even semi believable claims you'd have been under the radar.

Malcolm

Has the turtles program stopped or has it not? Also the people that ran this company should look in the mirror when apportioning blame. Who was the smart guy that came up with the idea of the tv advert? Who decided on the world champion claim? You have only yourselves to blame, you thought you were all very clever and the public would be fooled. Had you made even semi believable claims you'd have been under the radar.

I have to agree, the sales and marketing World Champion claim was not good. It was a case of making the most out of something (like 99% of other companies) rather than an attempt to mislead but certainly not fraud. This was addressed in the official response; we made it clear what the event was and what the title was. At the end of the day Mike did go up against peers on stage in front of a large audience and proved his stuff.

In all of the 97 pages of this topic there is no support for the hate campaign from disgruntled clients.

Maybe you are right about having ourselves to blame, if we had a methodology that didn’t work or had no success and if we were not a threat to any other company maybe there would not be a hate campaign 

BTW I am not going to answer questions.

Official Response on behalf of Training Traders - re-posted

It has come to our attention that a couple of ex-employees may be looking to setup a rival/alternative company and may be using this site for malicious purposes. These individuals have already been caught on CCTV defacing the company building.

There have been a number of unsubstantiated and untrue allegations posted on this and other similar forums some of which have been removed. These posts are libellous (see: Defamation).

We would like to make a distinction between the above mentioned malicious acts, the posts from people who simply do not like training companies and people who genuinely have a desire to learn how to trade. Unfortunately failure to exercise due diligence has lead to the misrepresentation of information and the desire to sensationalize has overcome common sense.

Requests for personal or company financial data to be posted on an online forum are simply ridiculous especially since we are a privately held company with responsibility primarily to our clients, employees and shareholders. No-one in their right mind would post such data on an open website with anonymous members. Also the request for our clients contact details is equally ridiculous, as this is proprietary information and rival companies would welcome this information.

We respect the right of people to discuss and criticize in an open and objective manor, however in this case there have been a number of misrepresentations and false allegations.

As a company we provide training courses for people new to trading and experienced traders in the Forex, Stock and Futures markets. Included in the course price we provide 30 days of mentoring, 30 days access to our daily live trading room, a graduates club/trading clinic and access to our weekly online trade planning session to ensure our clients have all the support they need.
We also allow clients to re-take the course for free at a later date as we know trading is a skill that is acquired by practice and reinforcement of good practices and rules.

We are not an anonymous web based training company, we perform our training at our offices as well as travelling to our institutional clients offices to train their traders onsite and install our trading software worldwide.

We will arrange a special Q&A workshop and invite Forum members to visit us and see for themselves who we are, what we are about and answer answer their questions.

In response to particular comments:

Chapter 11.
In 1997 Mr Baghdady sued his broker for the wrongful liquidation of his account as a result of erroneous entries in his account. After 12 years of Mr Baghdady pursuing the litigation and despite the broker admitting to his mistakes in court, the court found for the broker as there was no malice. In mid 2010 Mr Baghdady was ordered to pay the brokers costs and legal fees. Mr Baghdady filed for the Chapter 11 in order to protect his assets and negotiate a financial settlement with the broker (standard practice in the US). This case was dismissed in its entirety shortly after filing, as the broker and Mr Baghday agreed to settle their differences to their mutual benefit. This issue no longer exists and is history. Please see attached document.

Alleged “Student Loans “
Mr. Baghdady is a graduate of the American University in Cairo 1972 and as such he has no personal student loans. His children studied and graduated from several fine USA colleges. While they were in college Mr. Baghdady guaranteed their student loans. After their graduation each of his children are currently paying off their individual loans, and until such time as these loans are paid off , as the guarantor for his children loans he appears as liable like any father.

“World of Trading” live trading champion.
Mr. Baghdady was invited to live trade against 6 other bankers and institutional traders at the “World of Trading” live trading event in Frankfurt in 2009. Mr Baghdady traded live on a stage for several hours in front of 1000 viewers and won the “World of Trading” live trading competition in 2009.

World of Trading 2011 // 21.10 - 22.10.11 // Messe Frankfurt

Mr Tuckey.
Mr Tuckey operated, and was a director of, a fund called Alpine Capital for 5 years. Through pure conjecture, one particular forum member has assumed that this fund did not exist simply because they could not find a corporate website! The fund did not require a public website, as it was a closed fund that was not soliciting communication with the general public.

The existence of Alpine Capital is irrefutable and was of course registered with Companies House.
During the operation of the fund, Mr Tuckey purchased and utilised the Training Traders software and methodology. Mr Tuckey appeared on the commercial stating he had used these techniques – a statement of fact, and he was represented as a ‘Hedge Fund Manager’ – also, a statement of fact. Mr Tuckey has since become a Director of Training Traders, and is still a trader. The forum member erroneously assumed that Mr Tuckey’s directorship of Training Traders had meant that he had never been a Hedge Fund Manager.

For those wishing to exercise due diligence please check Companies House (see attached screenshot) and check the ‘INCORPORATION DOCUMENT CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION’.

Turtles Program .
The Turtle program and the turtles are our pride and joy. We are extremely proud of our Turtles and their performance, hard work and the dedication day in and day out to acquire the great skill of trading.

This is a pure apprentice program, we shoulder all expenses because we have the confidence in our training and methodology to take a group of people and fund their training and trading in order for them to trade based on the methodology we teach.

This is a well thought investment on our part and we fully expect that our Turtles performance will gives us more than the expected returns on our investment.

As has been recognized, we selected candidates from a large number of applicants. These ‘New Turtle Traders’ have been trained, mentored, equipped and funded all by Training Traders. As anticipated, performance between individuals has varied based upon rate of learning, selection of instruments to trade and adapting to the psychological demands of trading. As is normal in any trading team, some traders are in positive territory, some are flat and some are down. This is by no means a reflection on the performance of any one trader. These traders are participating mostly in longer term trading and require a longer period than 4 months for the process and themselves to fully come to fruition.

We owe it to nobody whatsoever to disclose any information beyond what we choose and hope that any individual with a fair and reasonable intellect would understand this and appreciate our inherent confidence in our trading approach to undertake such a time consuming and financially significant task.

Office environment.
We are situated in the city of London right next to Aldgate East tube station in a multi-story office building and have a 7,000 sq/ft office incorporating a fully equipped trading floor and training facilities. We believe that our office based training environment allows us to provide a high level of help and support to our clients. We provide facilities equal or better than most standard business offices. As stated above we are happy for people to come and visit to judge for themselves.

If we could raise our most salient point, it would be that we welcome ANY individual on this forum to visit us, whether you wish to meet us, see our offices or understand more about our methodology.

We are not going to get dragged into a discussion answering an endless number of questions based on misinterpreted information or simply unfounded accusations.

We thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Looking at this topic there are 2 or 3 people (including a bitter ex-employee) who seem to be determined to harm Mike Baghdady's reputation and business. The topic itself was started within a few days of someone leaving the company vowing to bring down the company.

This hate campaign has not just been limited to this forum, posters have been pasted on the office building, staff, clients and creditors have been badgered with phone calls, text's or in person.

Just to put this topic in to perspective, the 2 or 3 people attacking Mike Baghdady and Training Traders are not clients, have not purchased anything and have not done the courses.

Despite the amount of time this topic has been going, its size and exposure, there is a significant lack of posts by any disgruntled clients (strange since the 2 or 3 campaigners have claimed such things as scam, fraud etc). I am willing to bet as soon as I post this fake new anonymous posters will appear claiming to be clients :)

Anyone supporting Mike Baghdady or Training Traders has been viciously attacked.

I am surprised this topic has been allowed to run for so long and surprised a lot of its content has survived as this is clearly a campaign by 2 or 3 people to damage a persons reputation and business. Had the topic been backed by a number of disgruntled clients it would have had some validity.

Malcom.
Whatever your position within Training Traders, you should really try and get out a bit more. The lack of sunshine is clearly affecting your judgement. You are about the ONLY employee or ex employee of Training Traders and Mike Baghdady that is still attempting to tell us all that he really is a nice, genuine sincere sort of guy. He is just not fully understood.

You totally neglect to address the many legitimate questions raised on this forum and seem to be unaware of all the additional issues that have been exposed.
False marketing claims, (still on your calender) , false personal claims by Mike Baghdady, creditors not paid, institutional traders that are not, numerous visits from bailiffs (although denied but true), the Australian saga, former members of staff dismissed without good reason, staff member assaulted by Mike Baghdady, turtles not fully funded, turtles instructed to stop trading, turtles swam away never to return, and on and on!!!!!

There is probably a lot more to come and I cannot wait to read it.

The fact that those who have paid have not come on this particular forum to complain is not relevent. I am sure if someone whipped up the publicity we could sure find not very many who have paid, learned and are using the method successfully. You should understand that many who have paid a considerable amount of money for something that does not do what it claimed, often just move on and want to forget the whole experience. I know a fair few in this category that did just that at Training Traders.
If you would be so kind, would you supply the contact list of all students (email addresses only) that have taken your course to a moderator at trade2win and ask them to conduct an independent poll? I am sure we would all be very interested in the outcome of that!

Question for you Malcolm.
Why did / do all the graduates that then pay to take a desk in the Training Traders office invariably leave after a short period of time. Think carefully about your answer because I have spoken to a few of them and they all have common feelings about the Training Traders and Mike Baghdady experience - and its not pretty!

I think you will regret the timing of your post as we wait to hear what Mr Michaels will reveal this week. Often timing is the difference between success and failure.
I think you may have just missed the boat and may regret the use of your itchy finger.

I have to agree, the sales and marketing World Champion claim was not good. It was a case of making the most out of something (like 99% of other companies) rather than an attempt to mislead but certainly not fraud. This was addressed in the official response; we made it clear what the event was and what the title was. At the end of the day Mike did go up against peers on stage in front of a large audience and proved his stuff.

In all of the 97 pages of this topic there is no support for the hate campaign from disgruntled clients.

Maybe you are right about having ourselves to blame, if we had a methodology that didn’t work or had no success and if we were not a threat to any other company maybe there would not be a hate campaign 

BTW I am not going to answer questions.

Malcolm.
Did you or any of your colleagues ever see evidence that Mike Baghdady and Ben Tuckey had the £2m need to cover the very many public claims made?

One question you should answer - honestly.

Malcolm.
Did you or any of your colleagues ever see evidence that Mike Baghdady and Ben Tuckey had the £2m need to cover the very many public claims made?

One question you should answer - honestly.

He's not answering questions, he's already told me so.

Whatever your position within Training Traders, you should really try and get out a bit more. The lack of sunshine is clearly affecting your judgement.

Are you a Twilight fan and trying to say you think I am one of the hunky vampires? If so your facts are wrong yet again :LOL: (I don't want to dissapoint you but I have a girlfriend).

Oh you are trying to discredit me saying I am a sad weirdo sat in front of a PC all day so my judgment is wrong. So how many posts have you done just on this one topic (not to mention Digbyarbuthnot and Leopard 50+ each). :p

I am the one out here with my real identity, while you are hiding in the dark behind anonymity. ;)

You are about the ONLY employee or ex employee of Training Traders and Mike Baghdady that is still attempting to tell us all that he really is a nice, genuine sincere sort of guy. He is just not fully understood.

BTW it's bad enough you spell my name wrong, but trying to twist what I say that's just not on. (n)

Now you are trying to imply everyone hates Mike Baghdady, really ?? Is that the best you can respond to the fact that its only 2 or 3 people running a hate campaign (I don't need to imply, the facts speak for themselves).

The fact that those who have paid have not come on this particular forum to complain is not relevent.

Yeah, who needs facts, proof, grounds etc
We just want to trash Mike Baghdady :cheesy:

:cheesy:

That's clearly the attitude you had when you were making the fake TV advert. Its a bit ironic that you are now demanding others don't embellish their version of the events when you so clearly did back in 2010.

I hope you don't mean to attempt to include me in that. All I did was to collect a number of questions that have been raised here and elsewhere and place them in a coherent format so that you could easily provide answers.

The response (and lack of response) from TT has led to the decline of this thread. If you are really concerned, and if you genuinely believe you will be vindicated, simply reply to the matters that have been raised.

Are you a Twilight fan and trying to say you think I am one of the hunky vampires? If so your facts are wrong yet again :LOL: (I don't want to dissapoint you but I have a girlfriend).

Oh you are trying to discredit me saying I am a sad weirdo sat in front of a PC all day so my judgment is wrong. So how many posts have you done just on this one topic (not to mention Digbyarbuthnot and Leopard 50+ each). :p

I am the one out here with my real identity, while you are hiding in the dark behind anonymity. ;)

BTW it's bad enough you spell my name wrong, but trying to twist what I say that's just not on. (n)

Now you are trying to imply everyone hates Mike Baghdady, really ?? Is that the best you can respond to the fact that its only 2 or 3 people running a hate campaign (I don't need to imply, the facts speak for themselves).

PBoyles, when you edit someone's text in a quote you should really put '....' to show you have removed text or highlight any changes. Otherwise the context or meaning of the original text may get lost :)

Malcolm.
Just in case I might be doing Mr Baghdady and his reputation a disservice I would like you to clarify why Mr Baghdady and Training Traders have not paid the "Times" publications in Dubai for advertising carried out in Autumn 2010?

You seem to be the fountain of all knowledge concerning Mr Baghdady and we would really appreciate understanding why this might be another case of suppliers not being paid. And not a recent one.

For those wishing "evidence" on the matter please call SAB Media on +971 4364 2900 and ask for accounts.

He really is a poor misunderstood man.

BTW it's bad enough you spell my name wrong, but trying to twist what I say that's just not on.

Malcolm.
What about the two directors who left at the same time?
What about the two Sales Managers (sorry three) that left or were pushed (no pun intened)?
What about the receptionist?
What about the whole Sales Team that walked out?
What about the turtles who left before the collapse?
What about the number of businesses or suppliers that refused to do any further business with you?

Get the picture? Common theme developing here?

How about you just answer the questions regarding the "turtles"? For example:

Were they ever fully funded, or funded at all? If so, to what extent?
Is it true they were used to answer the telephone and make sales calls?
Were they ordered to cease trading and liquidate all positions?
Has the "project" :)lol:) now ceased?