Mike Baghdady - should I take a course or not?

Its a matter of public record, and if I remember correctly, at one point, this thread actually gave the full names of the directors of new turtle traders LLC,

What bit are you struggling with ?

Well as pips explained, If I understood him correctly, the company set up to embrace the turtles was something separate entirely.

The members of the LLP have/ had nothing to do with Training Traders or MBTWP

The turtles were partners within the LLP only - nothing else.

Oh the irony!

In this video we see a clip of "David", a pro poker player (so presumably a fairly shrewd and intelligent person). When asked what he brings to the table as a former poker pro he says:

"You've got to be very perceptive about other people...you look at other people's motivations and you categorise them...like whether they're trying to act and tell you they're something they're not...".
Tell me something: how does someone who's made a living playing poker fall for something as obvious as this? It is absolutely insane.
That is a good point.
One would think he could have read the situation.

The members of the LLP have/ had nothing to do with Training Traders or MBTWP

The turtles were partners within the LLP only - nothing else.

thx, pips - glad i got something right.

hope hare is not banging his head at us :LOL: since i assume from what you say that the turtles could not be expected to know about, nor in any way have "a fiduciary responsibility for" anything that was going on behind the scenes in TT or MBTWP.

jon

At face value, while this example may be a crass and inappropriate expression of observation, it's not really racist given that his observation is evidenced.

At face value, while this example may be a crass and inappropriate expression of observation, it's not really racist given that his observation is evidenced.

Now if you look at his statement sub-textually and conclude that he believes interracial relationships are wrong - which he probably does given he's Japanese - and that white people are inferior specimens due to a multitude of cultural differences, he himself is racist in some way.

You seem to have chosen to receive his statement in some manner akin to the sub-textual approach outlined above yet you write:

lol... well - indeed - Junko did LOVE white meat.

Context is everything. This is a country in which racism is endemic. You think getting called a nig-nog in the UK is offensive? It's an intentional insult, right?

How about little kids coming up to you in the swimming pool changing rooms and shouting "Gaijin. gaijin" ? That's unintentionally insulting because it is endemic.

The right way to say foreigner would be "gaikokijin" - Other countries person. "Gaijin" effectively means other type of person. Hard to explain but it effectively means they think of Japanese as people and westerners as something else.

Every time I got into a lane in the pool - all the Japanese would get out & move to another lane.

Anyway - it's quite refreshing as a white western male to experience racism for a year. 6 months of that was in a village in Toyama prefercture where I was literally the only westerner living there. Every trip to the supermarket, gas station, walk in the park on Saturday afternoon had them stopping and pointing at the white monkey walking by.

The form of the word is irrelevant, it's the derogatory undertones, history and therefore the intention to cause offence that makes something racist. The method of expression (whether words, art, whatever) is meaningless in itself and no more conduit that allows the transfer of an idea or feeling. The idea or feeling is what is important and for something to be racist, it must convey that one party elevates itself above the other on the basis of ethnicity.

Not sure about historical references? My grandad used to talk about 'darkies' all the time. If I came home dirty, my dad would call me a 'dirty arab'. I do not use these terms and am not responsible for my forefathers actions.

History is irrelevant to most. You can't change the past. There's no slavery any more and harking on about the past is merely a way to play the race card to gain sympathy or excuse poor behaviour.

One thing I can't understand (and it would be nice if someone could fill us in on this) is how the hell did it all unravel so quickly? I mean, they've only been trading for about 6 months, which is nothing.

What happened to cause it to collapse in such a short space of time? You'd expect it to be able to go along for a good 12 or 18 months at least.

I would presume there was no 100,000 to start with.

It's a bit like the building industry. You get the plans together for a condo building. Then you get some off plan customers. You take that to the bank and get some $$$. Then you start building and get more customers at your site office.

So - all things being well, the customers roll in and you continue getting financing for the next phase.

So - perhaps the key was that the $100k that would be traded would actually come from the people that came in for training. I mean - you wouldn't give a total newbie access to 100k - there's no point. You'd give them some capital and then tell them it will build up as they learn. You'd get away with it for a while for sure..

I would presume there was no 100,000 to start with.

It's a bit like the building industry. You get the plans together for a condo building. Then you get some off plan customers. You take that to the bank and get some $$$. Then you start building and get more customers at your site office.

So - all things being well, the customers roll in and you continue getting financing for the next phase.

So - perhaps the key was that the $100k that would be traded would actually come from the people that came in for training. I mean - you wouldn't give a total newbie access to 100k - there's no point. You'd give them some capital and then tell them it will build up as they learn. You'd get away with it for a while for sure..

I think the most interesting part here is that his professional history suggests that this is probably not the first time he has put tricks of this type on others with all the names of the companies popping up.

There is really no harm starting multiple businesses and failing but not cool to make fool out of customers. There are so many other legit ways to make money.

I think there are some interesting comments on this video.

Mike Baghdady on New Turtle Traders Apprenticeship - YouTube

"I am one of the lucky choosen turtles and its seems that the web is full of nayslayers. In the 6 months that all of us 20 turtles have been trading with Mike he has taught us how to trade & supported our development every step of the way- teaching us eveything he knows & funded our trading accounts.On top of this, we were privilged to meet with Cutis Faith recently-the most successful trader of the orginal turtle programme- he came to the trading floor and shared his wisdom.
princessninjatrader 1 month ago
"

Oh the irony!

In this video we see a clip of "David", a pro poker player (so presumably a fairly shrewd and intelligent person). When asked what he brings to the table as a former poker pro he says:

"You've got to be very perceptive about other people...you look at other people's motivations and you categorise them...like whether they're trying to act and tell you they're something they're not...".

The Apprentice - Stock Market Traders - Training Live Sky News - YouTube

That's painful to watch. By the way who are the other 2 people in the video, the ones pretending to be Karen Brady and Nick or whatever he's called? I hope they are embarrassed too.

thx, pips - glad i got something right.

hope hare is not banging his head at us :LOL: since i assume from what you say that the turtles could not be expected to know about, nor in any way have "a fiduciary responsibility for" anything that was going on behind the scenes in TT or MBTWP.

jon

The LLP is a separate legal entity for sure, that doesn't mean they wouldn't know some of what was going on behind the scenes with TT. Lets face it the same people were involved with both companies and they worked out of the same office. They saw the Bailifs come and go, they saw people being sacked and they apparently saw the alleged assault. So whilst they had no legal connection with TT they were also not blind as to what was going on.

The LLP is a separate legal entity for sure, that doesn't mean they wouldn't know some of what was going on behind the scenes with TT. Lets face it the same people were involved with both companies and they worked out of the same office. They saw the Bailifs come and go, they saw people being sacked and they apparently saw the alleged assault. So whilst they had no legal connection with TT they were also not blind as to what was going on.

Sure, that may or may not be the case, pb. We can only guess.

It's just that I thought Hare's attack on one of the turtles (jmp) was well below the belt. To my eye, at least, Hare implied that jmp was a director of TT and must have had knowledge of and fiduciary responsibility for what was going on. I wanted to correct that implication.

I also think that if the turtles are seeking to unravel things their solicitors would have advised them to not to say anything publicly, so it's no surprise that the questions put to them on here remain unanswered.

jon

Sure, that may or may not be the case, pb. We can only guess.

It's just that I thought Hare's attack on one of the turtles (jmp) was well below the belt. To my eye, at least, Hare implied that jmp was a director of TT and must have had knowledge of and fiduciary responsibility for what was going on. I wanted to correct that implication.

I also think that if the turtles are seeking to unravel things their solicitors would have advised them to not to say anything publicly, so it's no surprise that the questions put to them on here remain unanswered.

jon

The Hare may have been technically wrong about the TT directors but to be honest these guys have got off very lightly when it comes to criticism about their own actions. It was only a week or two ago that they were bombarding us with stories about the integrity and generosity of the Great Brother Leader.

Hard to explain but it effectively means they think of Japanese as people and westerners as something else

I know how it works, I did traditional ju-jutsu for a long while. The Japanese are terrible.

Not sure about historical references? My grandad used to talk about 'darkies' all the time. If I came home dirty, my dad would call me a 'dirty arab'. I do not use these terms and am not responsible for my forefathers actions.

History is irrelevant to most. You can't change the past. There's no slavery any more and harking on about the past is merely a way to play the race card to gain sympathy or excuse poor behaviour.

Would you call your kids dirty arabs? That's how you stop this stuff.

I'm not going to touch the slavery thingy in here. Got enough essays to do lol.

Last edited:
The Hare may have been technically wrong about the TT directors but to be honest these guys have got off very lightly when it comes to criticism about their own actions. It was only a week or two ago that they were bombarding us with stories about the integrity and generosity of the Great Brother Leader.

Maybe, but that's no different to anyone who defends the organisation in which they are involved because they trust what they are told by the powers that be. That the trust proves to be misplaced must rile them a damn sight more than it riles us.

jon

Maybe, but that's no different to anyone who defends the organisation in which they are involved because they trust what they are told by the powers that be. That the trust proves to be misplaced must rile them a damn sight more than it riles us.

jon

If you'd put in as much effort to warn them as I did you'd probably be a bit more riled. I wouldn't be surprised if they blamed me for it all failing.