metastock realtime

midge25

i currently use metastock eod, and am looking for something to give me dow realtime charts ( i live in th uk).

could someone tell me if it possible to use all my indicators from eod in rt,

i.e i have a few support and resistance indicators that i would like to trigger and find in real time, is this possible?

what sort of cost are involved in this for data provision

i have downloaded the sharescope demo, and dont think it is quite what i am looking for, or are there better alternatives?

You can use indicators from eod in rt...

MS allows you to export all your settings and collection to either newer version or other version of MS...

HTH

I would suggest if you are really serious about trading the Dow you would be better investing in the Pro version of Metastock and a live feed direct into the programme.

I am using eSignal which i find works perfectly. Not cheap, but then what is if you want the service.

Best wishes

John

HI
I have metastock Pro (for esignal) but I am looking for an alternative to esignal real-time data feed for LSE. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Regards
Gerry

Like several others here, I've recently switched from eSignal to ProRealTime and so far I'm delighted with it. The eod version is free and the real-time version (package of indices and currencies) is about £30 per month (all sorts of other things available as extras). Website is www.prorealtime.com .

Metastock Realtime

Roberto said:
Like several others here, I've recently switched from eSignal to ProRealTime and so far I'm delighted with it. The eod version is free and the real-time version (package of indices and currencies) is about £30 per month (all sorts of other things available as extras). Website is www.prorealtime.com .
Thanks Roberto
I tried your suggestion of www.prorealtime.com - really useful site, but for the life of me I could not figure out how to download the real time feed into Metastock. I had a week's trial free as well, but could not do it
Thanks anyway :cry: :cry:

Ah ... sorry to hear that. :(
Not something I can help with, I'm afraid, because I don't even know what Metastock is. :(

Caracole

I suggest you contact Metastock, as when I upgraded to Metastock Pro I was asked whether I required the data feed from eSignal or Prorealtime. Maybe there is two versions - one for each data feed.

John

Caracole said:
Thanks Roberto
I tried your suggestion of www.prorealtime.com - really useful site, but for the life of me I could not figure out how to download the real time feed into Metastock. I had a week's trial free as well, but could not do it
Thanks anyway :cry: :cry:

Metastock RT collects "data on demand" and you do not have to do anything. The problem is that MS RT has different versions designed for specific RT data vendors, i.e. e-signal version, which will collect data only from that vendor. I do not think you can collect RT data from ProRealTime.com since they are not coded in the software.

Hope this helps. Ali

i currently looking for realtime data in Metastock format of national stock market (NSE) (i live in India,kolkata)
could someone tell me few option.
thankx
sankar

sankaankarr said:
i currently looking for realtime data in Metastock format of national stock market (NSE) (i live in India,kolkata)
could someone tell me few option.
thankx
sankar

Only Esignal can give u. Ask Esignal for separate Exchanges.If u want an Indain Provider, then the best is Geojit.

Collecting data

You can collect data from any datafeed and read it into MetaStock realtime. All you need to do is to register for the forum at www.hypertrader.it and you can then download from the forum their Hyperserver with a long list of datafeeds you can connect to, I have been using it for a few months and it is very good and best of all, it's FREE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But don't take my word for it, check it out for your self

Regards

Attachments

• Hyperserver.gif
    Hyperserver.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 369
please, hypertrader download doesn't work anymore. Any other free real-time data out there? or not real-time ones for free.. thanks