EOD and Intraday Charts

ukpjdw

I am new to Metastock 10 EOD and typically run momentum trades from 5 to 15 days. I sometimes use intraday data when looking for chart patterns on major indices. Is it possible to create an intraday chart (ie. 30/60 min) with Metastock 10 EOD (End-Of-Day)?

I am new to Metastock myself so I might be wrong but as far as I know, and according to The Downloader help file, EOD version does not allow you at all to create intraday securities.

You can check this in The Downloader under File / New / Security. Look for the Periodicity field. On the EOD version the options should be only Daily, Weekly and Monthly. On the Professional version you have the option Intraday and then in separate field you select whether update would be in 1min, 5min, etc up to 60min.

Of course, even with EOD version and depending where are you getting your data from, if you update your data during market hours the last value you get is sort of intraday.

At the moment I am getting my data free from Yahoo Finance (delayed of course) and do exactly that, I update during market hours which is sort of intraday value although my charts are daily type. Later I will probably research for real-time data vendor.

Cheers.