Message For Ftse Traders......

Agree about last two days, esp with sell offs at market open in this environment

I like to get in early too, but as long as I remember you have been posting about the dark internal struggles you are going through in the afternoons after meeting your profit targets and trying to sit out.... Had to do exactly that yesterday when market fell, its hard sitting on your hands when you have such clear signals

it comes back to how do you treat your trading I guess? is it your job or for fun with money you can lose?,

as a job I love to finish my working day early, but you are right sometimes I look a back after the event and think I could have made a bundle there, but then sitting a screen all day makes me tired so I make mistakes. i sometimes miss entries so I may not have been on them anyway.

well thats what i tell myself.

I then sometimes use the rest of the day to experiment with new ideas or with snippets of info I have picked up from other traders to see if it can improve what I am doing or make a sugestion back to help them.

I am sure that out there somewhere that a combination of peoples strategies will make one blinding trading strategy.

morning all,

keep up the good positng's.

mini

I thought that you were oiling your account. I've been over on Forex but lost 11 points. I've missed the boat today. Had an order to short FT at 3981 and it didn't go that high.

Guess I'll have to stay out until something attracts me. Watch Lapalabra dragging it in.

Split

Shorted here. I know it looks like support----or does it? I won't accept much loss before closing.

Shorted here. I know it looks like support----or does it? I won't accept much loss before closing.

Yes it feels like support - 17th,18th,19th and yesterdays highs all in similar range, 3900 still strong.

'----or does it?', LOL, that has been the question driving me insane this morning. Have not been dragging it in at all, should have held on to my 3810 short when I decided to be clever and wait for a better reentry, despite EVERYTHING telling me a better re entry would be very unlikely. After that it was just watching for me. Keithh is the one laughing today!

Sorry about the forex foray, but at least that means you will come back here to us where you belong and not follow minime's example! :)

5 min chart. Everything's hopping over the wall, mate.

Well, not quite yet, but.....

Yes, I see it...

We're in that period where it establishes a 15odd point channel and hops about til US open. This is the time I'm thinking of spending learning spanish from one of those Rosetta Stone packs.

Oddly enough though, DAX is diverging and stepping up out of its channel - usually leads ftse and could mean something, or not, I'm too new to their converging/diverging habits to tell! Would be useful if I could post a chart to see what you think...really have to work that out...

Yes it feels like support - 17th,18th,19th and yesterdays highs all in similar range, 3900 still strong.

'----or does it?', LOL, that has been the question driving me insane this morning. Have not been dragging it in at all, should have held on to my 3810 short when I decided to be clever and wait for a better reentry, despite EVERYTHING telling me a better re entry would be very unlikely. After that it was just watching for me. Keithh is the one laughing today!

Sorry about the forex foray, but at least that means you will come back here to us where you belong and not follow minime's example! :)

I'm not laughing cause, I could have stayed in and got more on the initial drop.

at the mo there is a real fight going on between buyers and sellers looking like a full 12 rounder, the US will come in and tip the odds

dont chase the market guys be patient the move will materialise

Yes, I see it...

We're in that period where it establishes a 15odd point channel and hops about til US open. This is the time I'm thinking of spending learning spanish from one of those Rosetta Stone packs.

Oddly enough though, DAX is diverging and stepping up out of its channel - usually leads ftse and could mean something, or not, I'm too new to their converging/diverging habits to tell! Would be useful if I could post a chart to see what you think...really have to work that out...

does your chart look anything like this?

Attachments

• ftse.JPG
    ftse.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 109
I'm not laughing cause, I could have stayed in and got more on the initial drop.

at the mo there is a real fight going on between buyers and sellers looking like a full 12 rounder, the US will come in and tip the odds

dont chase the market guys be patient the move will materialise

Where were you fifteen mins ago to tell me to be patient!!!!! Its too late now!!!!