Message For Ftse Traders......

Attachments

• update.JPG
    update.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 137
right one

Yeah can see from the chart its looking as flat as a pancake

Being chopped around, but already committed to a long position which was prob wrong to get into with the market flat and no real signal, but as we've already established it was totally your fault Keithh for not being here to advise patience, so waiting to see if its my stop that gets hit or if US pulls us out of this

Being chopped around, but already committed to a long position which was prob wrong to get into with the market flat and no real signal, but as we've already established it was totally your fault Keithh for not being here to advise patience, so waiting to see if its my stop that gets hit or if US pulls us out of this

Closed for b/e

Thanks Split, having a look at Finspreads now

If you can close manually, in time, you don't need it. One other use it could have, which I haven't used, so far, is for reversing at the same time as closing a trade. Fins makes you close the existing trade before reversing. So, you could have an order on one, while closing on the other. But that's just an idea.

If you do go into Fins, have a look at the 75 quid offer they have. It might be useful.

If you can close manually, in time, you don't need it. One other use it could have, which I haven't used, so far, is for reversing at the same time as closing a trade. Fins makes you close the existing trade before reversing. So, you could have an order on one, while closing on the other. But that's just an idea.

If you do go into Fins, have a look at the 75 quid offer they have. It might be useful.

I was assuming it had special/advantageous features for Futures as that's what you trade?

I will make up any loss you make on this trade as it is ,and have established it as my fault.

you may have to wait though becasue I am also at fault for:

The national debt UK
The national debt US
The current bank failures
Third world debt
The rememergance of old boy bands
The end of all good TV programmes
naff reality TV programmes
poor summers
harsh winters
The rise in oil prices last year
The very slow passing on of energy price reductions this year
the failure of the US car market
The collapse of the US housing market which alledgedly started it all

and too top it all off the rise the market will make this afternoon. (I hope)

oh well it has to be someone

I was assuming it had special/advantageous features for Futures as that's what you trade?

None, at all. It closes EOD so it has no time to be any different from the cash, which it matches point for point, although the level is different. Then Fins calculates the level for the next day and so on. There are futures, though, if you are interested, but I don't use them.

Last edited:
None, at all. It closes EOD so it has no time to be any different from the cash, then Fins calculated the level for the next day and so on. There are futures, though, if you are interested, but I don't use them.

Sorry Split, don't quite get it...

So the price you quote when you say you are taking a Daily Future position is a potential EOD price that Fins has calculated, and you are trading £per point on that Daily Future price? ie. exactly the same as a current bid ask but a price that takes into account...not quite sure what...

Or a separate price altogether Fins has calculated for the day...?

I would like to use the excuse that I'm tired hence I don't get it but I've just glanced at the clock and its only 9pm, so I'll simply claim ignorance :confused:

Don't worry about it! It is based on the June futures and, at present, is about 50 points different to cash.

The difference is that they call it a Daily Future and they close it, each day, because, I suppose, there are people, like me, who want to be out of the market each day and are at work, or otherwise busy.

Why they do not have a Daily Cash to complement the Rolling Cash is something best known to themselves but it is no big deal as long as it moves the same.

I'm short from 0811. 3908.3

Rolling, so as not to confuse Lapalabra :p
I'm trying for the high for the day.