Message For Ftse Traders......

Morning all - nice one Keithh, my attention was over at the DAX where the point difference was well over 100 points and hit monthly high, shorted that for +20 so nice start. But anyways, back to my beloved ftse...

What are any thoughts on Geithners speech and poss impacts today? Think the bullishness in part is linked to this...

:clap:

Morning all - nice one Keithh, my attention was over at the DAX where the point difference was well over 100 points and hit monthly high, shorted that for +20 so nice start. But anyways, back to my beloved ftse...

What are any thoughts on Geithners speech and poss impacts today? Think the bullishness in part is linked to this...

don't be in the market before the plan is announced. if there is impact be ready to join the short term move, take a quick profit and sit back and smile,

the last time he spoke a similar rise in the market happend then it fell back. as he spoke yesterday, I guess this happened again.

Personally, I don't read the news.

I need to go out. I always resent that when I am trading but there it is. Be back in under 2 hours, I hope.

Personally, I don't read the news.

I need to go out. I always resent that when I am trading but there it is. Be back in under 2 hours, I hope.

Reading the news tempts me to trade what I think and not what I see happening, but think its useful to make myself aware of periods in the day when a reaction may occur and pay even closer attention - still, have to fight the impulse of weaving in narratives to the market movements and remember its what you see that counts!

We'll keep your seat warm til you return Split!

For what its worth Keithh, I agree about the poss bounce, will be interesting

Maybe I should learn a language or take up water painting for these sideward morning moments.... <groan>

Geithners speech

Comments on the speech:

Hi all,

Today will be a very important day in the history of the US dollar.

Later this, morning Tomothy Geithner will outline the details of the administration’s long-awaited plan to create a government body called the Public Investment Corp., funded by as much as $100 billion and purchase up to a Trillion dollars worth of troubled assets from the balance sheets of banks.
This plan relies on private investors (the mercenary "wolves" of hedge funds and private equity funds) to team up with the government (the lamb) to relieve banks of assets tied to loans and mortgage-linked securities of unknown value. Until now, there have been virtually no buyers of these assets because of their uncertain risk and pricing.
However, as part of the program, the government will offer "subsidies" (??), such as low-interest loans, to "motivate" private funds to form partnerships with the government to buy the troubled assets from banks.
I will re-state that last sentence in a way that hasn’t been said: However, as part of the program, the US taxpayer will offer "subsidies" (??), such as low-interest loans, to motivate private funds to form partnerships with the US taxpayer to buy the troubled assets from banks.

This plan is starting to look like the plan from hell...and the US taxpayer is going to be made to suck it up ... big time...and make big "donations" to the hedge funds and private equity firms for the privilege of bailing out the banks.

So the banks get to sell their junk at a higher price than it is worth.... the hedge funds will get huge subsidies...and the US taxpayer gets to pay for all of it. A great Deal

.Jacko's Forex House of Pleasure and Pain - Page 453

1247 closed short daily future at 3805.5. +48 points. That's about at the level Suddendeath suggested
on the cash.

I'm taking profits as I have not forgotten what happened to me on Friday.

That's it for today.

Split

1247 closed short daily future at 3805.5. +48 points. That's about at the level Suddendeath suggested
on the cash.

I'm taking profits as I have not forgotten what happened to me on Friday.

That's it for today.

Split

Nice one Split :clap:

It's just done a pullback, mate! I didn't take it because its too late for me. Did you?

Split

It's just done a pullback, mate! I didn't take it because its too late for me. Did you?

Split

Made my daily profit target by 12pm and so have tried (with difficulty!) to exercise some restraint and sat this latest move out - really was textbook though the way things started to fit together as it fell, if you know what I mean!

Just watching now and making notes to look at later this eve - glad you made it back in time!

Made my daily profit target by 12pm and so have tried (with difficulty!) to exercise some restraint and sat this latest move out - really was textbook though the way things started to fit together as it fell, if you know what I mean!

Just watching now and making notes to look at later this eve - glad you made it back in time!

Yes, well, perhaps that was not one of my better ideas, after all. We'll see, later. :whistling

hello guys, i wont be posting much more on this thread as i have decided to move over to oil....yes you heard right OIL.

i'm still here in the background if anyone wants a chat, just email me.

good luck to you all and keep posting.

mini(y)

Gday guys

I am new to trading, have been paper trading the ftse for a while now and should be making my first trade within the week. I have had a quick flip through the thread and will hopefully be following it closely in the future. Thanks in advance for the valuable info.

Elrico

hello guys, i wont be posting much more on this thread as i have decided to move over to oil....yes you heard right OIL.

i'm still here in the background if anyone wants a chat, just email me.

good luck to you all and keep posting.

mini(y)

Noooooo..... Don't go......

For some reason, I was beginning to find your avatar/picture oddly comforting whenever scanning this thread!

Good luck with the black stuff...