Message For Ftse Traders......

Got stopped on that one while I was having some lunch. I'm not pleased, because I was up around 20 points and thought I'd be safe.

There's a moral, there, somewhere.....

Re-opened at 3768.

The stop was at break even, but 20 points down is a long way. :mad:

I've put a stop at 3769 and hope for a pleasant surprise when I get home, tonight.

Good trading, this afternoon.

I've got a feeling that I'm talking to my ****** self! :)

Split

I've put a stop at 3769 and hope for a pleasant surprise when I get home, tonight.

Good trading, this afternoon.

I've got a feeling that I'm talking to my ****** self! :)

Split

no i'm here, although not trading.

good luck

only just got back from doing other things and taken a short from 15:45 looking to close it at +20 currently stop @ b/e.

hi Keith,

how did you do today, i have not traded since Tues, back on Monday and hopefully mkt will be back to normal, well compared to this last week anyway!

hi Keith,

how did you do today, i have not traded since Tues, back on Monday and hopefully mkt will be back to normal, well compared to this last week anyway!

Hi Minime,

only traded for a short period today had other things I had to take care of. Only took 5 pts this morning. my last trade( afternoon one) stopped out b/e, one of those ones when by the time i thought "should i close early and take a smaller profit" it moved back on me so i thought i will leave it to see if i could get a bit more but it stopped out, A little greed crept in there I guess. on the brighter side I was not intending to do anything so it is more than I expected.

sounds your time away has been spent positively.:D

see ya Monday have a cracking weekend.

Last edited:
Everything is looking very bullish, and on my data at least pretty much all indices have broken above their upper channels. No decent entries for me atm though.

Everything is looking very bullish, and on my data at least pretty much all indices have broken above their upper channels. No decent entries for me atm though.

I took a gamble and went short at the open as everthing was overbought. I am now out of it

still nervy though as all indications are a bullish day, I based in on the fact that at the of friday we were at 3785ish @ 8:00 this morning we had risen 100 pts + all indictors were showning overbought. so I made the call, could easily have continued to rise for the first 5 mins i would then have been stopped ot would never have puilled back to point of where I could have got out at even or a small profit.

this needs to settle before any real calls can be made

0832 Bought Daily Future 3848.3

Nifty profit, Keith. I have decided that that second rise was not a pullback so have gone long.

Morning all - nice one Keithh, my attention was over at the DAX where the point difference was well over 100 points and hit monthly high, shorted that for +20 so nice start. But anyways, back to my beloved ftse...

What are any thoughts on Geithners speech and poss impacts today? Think the bullishness in part is linked to this...