Message For Ftse Traders......

I am short gold and long down if anyone interested..........

I'm off to the office as I have a team meeting......

adios amigos.......

back in the evening and good luck with all your trading, il be reading your posts on my phone

Got spiked(?) out for +5.3

Bah

Gonna leave it for a bit again, I would have expected that long go up hard and fast but selling pressure came in from somewhere.... still seems a bit confused to me

Afternoon all,

I've been out all day so no trading today, cant see anthing i like as i have missed opportunities i think i will sit on the sidelines rather than rush in. How has everone else done?

Afternoon all,

I've been out all day so no trading today, cant see anthing i like as i have missed opportunities i think i will sit on the sidelines rather than rush in. How has everone else done?

was doing ok, but then got caught on the up move, gave all back and some.

was doing ok, but then got caught on the up move, gave all back and some.

Market is trending up, seems to be in a tight range but offering buy in on the pull back, all off which seem to show hidden divergence. A break of 4303 (Cash ) could see end of day rally to Friday high or beyond.

Damn, missed the breakouts on FTSE and DAX; left frustrated but did not chase the market so that is a good sign!!! Hope y'all made some pips!

Came in too late today and sat on the side, 4330 (Cash) seems to be the next level to break. (or bounce!)

great advatar, looks like a pup still how old? mines gone now but she made it to 13! amazing dogs...

Thanks,

She is 6 in April but the picture was a few years ago. She is like a shadow, i work from home and she is always by my side (even the bathroom!) Next time were getting 2 together.

Just wanted to post this chart. It's quite interesting to note the distinct channels which could have provided very good entry points in some cases.

As a side note, I had a bit of an addiction to indicators, but tried trading with fibs and just MACD today, and it went quite well. I think fibs maybe the way to go for daytrading. Not doubt you're all using them anyway, and I'm just slow to catch on :)

Ollie

Attachments

• ftse_100_090209.jpg
    ftse_100_090209.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 95
15 point profit taken .........

i did say to everyone to be careful shorting...........there is some power behind fridays move!!

long everything on pullback.......

but don't worry Kitjedi..........I ams ure you will succeed, you have the discipline!!

market rallied as expected................................

4320....hit and resistance embraced!!

closed Dow position @ 8290!! another 50 points made

and my short gold position looking cool...........

Gold uptrend broken.....in the short term only!!

anyway lets listen to Obama speech on cnbc

I am short gold and long down if anyone interested..........

I'm off to the office as I have a team meeting......

adios amigos.......

back in the evening and good luck with all your trading, il be reading your posts on my phone

this is the quote i should have used to show you what positions i had this morning ....just in case you think its a blue peter trade!!

closed Gold position at support level 892!!

going get back in there for some more shorting later on..........

this is the quote i should have used to show you what positions i had this morning ....just in case you think its a blue peter trade!!

well it looks like a good day for you today! have taken your advice and have stoped trading until i know a little more so will be keeping an eye on your posts ready to absorbe as much of your the knowledge as possiblle

Alex

well it looks like a good day for you today! have taken your advice and have stoped trading until i know a little more so will be keeping an eye on your posts ready to absorbe as much of your the knowledge as possiblle

Alex

you will have to make an internal journey my friend.........you will only learn through trial and error and eventually arrive at a methodology/system that is best suited to your personality.....

It can be a hard journey but there are a lot of people that can help on the way.........

I find inthemoneystocks methodology one of the best for me but it may not suit you so keep searching but don't waste too much of your capital trying. I know you can trade for 10p/50p per point on certain spreadbetting companies know so learn that way.

emotions out, stop losses in........as the omniac says!!

Hello all,
Sorry for the disappearance but I've been scalping the FTSE and then managed to set fire to the kitchen - fat fire.... Anyway 15 points up and now looking to see where the US takes us. Dow has hit 8316 4xtimes since Friday morning - will it break and take everything with it or hold? My view is that, for the time being the markets are sitting pretty where they are, and rangebound......

Anyone noticed the double top on the FTSE from Friday and today??

KJFTSE 0902209.jpg

Last edited:

Good work Wallstreet, where do you see the action next? On Day and hour chart we are getting an ascending triangle. On the daily chart there is a long term and shorter term triangle developing.

Attachments

• snapshot-85.png
    snapshot-85.png
    171.7 KB · Views: 100
  • snapshot-86.png
    snapshot-86.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 106
you will have to make an internal journey my friend.........you will only learn through trial and error and eventually arrive at a methodology/system that is best suited to your personality.....

It can be a hard journey but there are a lot of people that can help on the way.........

I find inthemoneystocks methodology one of the best for me but it may not suit you so keep searching but don't waste too much of your capital trying. I know you can trade for 10p/50p per point on certain spreadbetting companies know so learn that way.

emotions out, stop losses in........as the omniac says!!

I know its what everyone keeps saying i have to learn for myself which i completly understand, what is this inthemoneystocks methodology? will also look into other spread betting firms as 10/50p sounds more like it to me!

Thanks for the help

Alex

Volatility Proscreener

After the conversations on this board at the weekend regarding volatility, I decided to try and write a little bit of code to find volatile instruments with proscreener. Proscreener is a search facility available free within IG charts and prorealtime. If anyone wants to install it, but doesn't know how, send me a pm.

It's based on Average True Range, over an 8 hour period. And can be applied to any instrument. I've written a 20 day version too, if anyone's interested - probably more useful for swing traders though.

timeframe (1 hour)
atr = 0
atr = AverageTrueRange[8]

price = close[8]

VOL = 100*(atr/price)

sp = close
c1 = (sp >= 250)
c2 = (sp <= 500)

SCREENER[VOL and c1 and c2] sort by VOL as "VOL %"

This will return the most volatile instruments in the last 8 hours of trading, based on ATR.

The lines c1/c2 filter results, to only return instruments between those values, easily changed though... and definately would have to be changed for indices and currencies. Just up the values!

Using this with IG charts isn't perfect I have to admit, as there's lots of spiky data, which screws up the results a little. Also, there's no ways to filter out just the FTSE 350 shares, from allshares... ****! Anyway, still very useful for the prorealtime free EOD data.

Any comments/crits on the code welcome.

Ollie

Last edited: