Message For Ftse Traders......

I spotted that Barlcays close on Friday indicated a potential reversal based on the end of day hammer candle on Friday. That combined with the report today that profits exceeded analysts expectations.

I was too chicken to go long before market opening and missed the gap but still managed to secure a small profit:)

Interesting that the FTSE (and DAX) have been trading within the wedge as was shown earlier on. Manage to scalp a 12 points but also lost some in early trading so overall around even on the ftse today. Not sure I want to make any trades now coming towards the end of that wedge and given that it's lunchtime!

Am now short FTSE at 4277 with a stop at 4297. Target is 4248 which is Friday's POC - according to my calcluations... Still holding my short position on the Dax as well.....

KJ

Hi Guys

Good day to all and good trading to you all! Two questions for the more experienced:

1. Does the FTSE closely follow the Dax in the morning session?

2. Exit strategy - can anyone please advise on this as it is my exit strategy that
is letting me down!

Many thanks for any advice guys,

bertie

from my limited knowledge Germany being a bigger economy tends to lead UK .......

hence DAx leader of FTSe

In trading I think learning to lose is as important as learning to win :)

Don't go getting philosophical on us, now! :p

It's important to learn not to lose, but I doubt whether we will ever, entirely, learn that.

I took 5 points out of that. I'm out because I think it's going up and I'm off to work.

Split

Don't go getting philosophical on us, now! :p

It's important to learn not to lose, but I doubt whether we will ever, entirely, learn that.

I took 5 points out of that. I'm out because I think it's going up and I'm off to work.

Split

Apologies - I'm always philosophical on Mondays!!! Sadly losing is an intergral part of trading!! :LOL:

KJ

:LOL:

long DAX 4625 ......stop loss 4600 ....target 4650!!

15 point profit taken .........

i did say to everyone to be careful shorting...........there is some power behind fridays move!!

long everything on pullback.......

but don't worry Kitjedi..........I ams ure you will succeed, you have the discipline!!

will 4650 get taken out? hmmm...

vote for against people........

how many times must we knock on the door ?

Long ftse 4293.5 stop 4289.0 target 4306 ish, lots of resistance up there.

edit- stop to break even

Last edited:
Long ftse 4293.5 stop 4289.0 target 4306 ish, lots of resistance up there.

why would trade against resistance my friend.................?

I prefer to sit back and let them fight it out and then jump in when one of them wins?

but sometime you do get tempted just to jump in ,I am guilty of that too.....

so good luck to you my friend.......