Message For Ftse Traders......

Thanks for sharing.. Its exactly what Im trying to learn.. I`m trying to undestand what each partten "means" in the way of feeling.. just like you have said.. (y)

Ps.: Finally the price found its way.. Lets see if we get a pull back from the lows of today..

Anyone long of the double bottom? 10 Min chart gives divergence too. Note to self check other time frames more often!

Thanks for sharing.. Its exactly what Im trying to learn.. I`m trying to undestand what each partten "means" in the way of feeling.. just like you have said.. (y)

Ps.: Finally the price found its way.. Lets see if we get a pull back from the lows of today..

This is fairly much THE book to get on technical analysis: Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A…Amazon.co.uk: John J. Murphy: Books

It doesn't try dumbing it down into simple "If A then B" rules, as most books do, but instead actually explains the thinking behind much of the analysis. It also has "If A then it all goes horribly wrong, probably C" kind of stuff :)

I second rnicolls comment, Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets was recommended to me by two professional traders. Very good book.

Waiting for the pattern to complete as I type this, but looks like 4080 (on the index, not the future) has flipped from support to resistance, and the market should now continue strongly downwards.

price now getting near to a trendline break
data is 5 mins.10 point box size.3 reversal.
need 4100 to hold on the retrace

Attachments

• breakingtrendline.png
    breakingtrendline.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Looking good for the option I was dabbling with. A little surprised it's not worth more, though; value appears to not want to go over £3000-ish.

How's everyone else doing this morning?

Looking good for the option I was dabbling with. A little surprised it's not worth more, though; value appears to not want to go over £3000-ish.

Which strike are you looking at my friend?

steve

Went Long at 4112 (Cash), stop to Breakeven and shook out flat. Thought about re-entry but didn't, only to watch it roar off for 20+ points! Going out so will leave alone now.

has been really fun today, i bought sold, bought sold, bought sold, bought sold, bought sold, bought sold, then sold and bought back, made 24 ticks in the future could have been much worse i guess.

and have been sitting on hands waiting for cash to break through 4000.

:eek:

Im out the options game now though still have the live platform for them, will still keep this platform even when i switch over to SB in next week or so as i feel it gives an excellent view of market sentiment

steve

Bollox... Twice this morning now I've gone short just as the price turns to go up again... Im crap at this..

No Obama bounce, its all downhill from here.
Hoping for a little uptrend maybe upto 4100 then i will cut my longs for a small loss.
So much for the running man!

Bollox... Twice this morning now I've gone short just as the price turns to go up again... Im crap at this..

Take a tip from 3 ducks and the 60 average. If price is below average on two or three longer term timeframes, the trend is down. Then use whatever you like, price pattern or crossover, break of support on a short term TF to trigger a trade, when the price is above the average on the short TF chart.

Try using order entries and targets. I find that they are much better than manual ones--more exact.

Split

Take a tip from 3 ducks and the 60 average. If price is below average on two or three longer term timeframes, the trend is down. Then use whatever you like, price pattern or crossover, break of support on a short term TF to trigger a trade, when the price is above the average on the short TF chart.

Try using order entries and targets. I find that they are much better than manual ones--more exact.

Split

Cheers mate.

I will devote the afternoon to working out what you mean here. :)

You sounded a bit down. I hope that what I said was of use. You must get the direction right, which you seem to have done. It seems to me that you are either entering too late or that your stop is too close. Give it time, you'll get it sorted. Until you do, though, try following it on paper and don't spend too much on live trading.

Split