Message For Ftse Traders......

I am just following a custom system created by my uncle. He passed away last year. I inherited his laptop. He was a trader. The software contains some custom formulas and one of the indicators is a buy/sell flags system that always seem to work with FTSE and Wall Street.

If you ever fancy sharing, I'd be happy to try reverse engineering them for you. No, I don't in any way expect you to agree, but I figured I'd offer.

Edit: Sounds like it's looking for overshoot and retracement, from the earlier trades, though. Just a hunch.

If you ever fancy sharing, I'd be happy to try reverse engineering them for you. No, I don't in any way expect you to agree, but I figured I'd offer.

Edit: Sounds like it's looking for overshoot and retracement, from the earlier trades, though. Just a hunch.

May be a breakout too.. I dont know..

Hey Alliance.. Are you serius?:?:

Afnoon.

The curreny supply/demand battleground is yesterday's cash close. I'm watching the next couple of 5min candles v.closely.

Ben

Let me think about it. The single flag formula shows 3 flags. Red for short, Green for long, and Amber for maybe short/long depending on indice. It's an unique process on the computer, and it literally brings the laptop to it's knees when it's working. It uses over 75% of the processor usage.

out 4129...

...+10 points! As you can see I am not a gambler!

(Brave ones)...please continue for at least another 10.

Last edited:
If it works, just go with it! I was making a lot more money until I read into market theory :-D

Thats true! If its working keep doing..

But.. Just dont open a treat tomorrow to sell a "super-mega-100% profitable" system.. :cool:

Thats true! If its working keep doing..

But.. Just dont open a treat tomorrow to sell a "super-mega-100% profitable" system.. :cool:

Nah. I will keep trying it and sharing results with everyone here for the next few months.

I am using money profits already, so have little to lose at the moment.

I am still being pessimistic, and at that the flags will stop working from one day to another. I don't have a clue what's driving it. I am even scared of changing any setings in case something changes.

Guys just trying to learn some chart paterns..

is This a "bulish flag"?

Keeping in mind that in my opinion, technical analysis should support the fundamental analysis, not be taken by itself... yeah, could well be.

Looking at it from a less academic point of view, and more of a "What's happening"; the market is forming a triangle/flag/whatever you want to call it, which strongly suggests that traders do not strongly feel the current price is wrong. This can be uncertainty or confidence, hard to tell. It does however suggest that once the market moves out of the slowly decreasing range, that it's indicative of a strong price movement (be that up or down).

I still think the fundamentals are a complete wreck, BUT I think people are in an optimistic mood due to Obama's inauguration, so we're more likely to see up before we see the fundamentals push it back down.

None of this should be taken as advice on any trading, but merely as a statement of my own opinion on the market.

Keeping in mind that in my opinion, technical analysis should support the fundamental analysis, not be taken by itself... yeah, could well be.

Looking at it from a less academic point of view, and more of a "What's happening"; the market is forming a triangle/flag/whatever you want to call it, which strongly suggests that traders do not strongly feel the current price is wrong. This can be uncertainty or confidence, hard to tell. It does however suggest that once the market moves out of the slowly decreasing range, that it's indicative of a strong price movement (be that up or down).

I still think the fundamentals are a complete wreck, BUT I think people are in an optimistic mood due to Obama's inauguration, so we're more likely to see up before we see the fundamentals push it back down.

None of this should be taken as advice on any trading, but merely as a statement of my own opinion on the market.

Thanks for sharing.. Its exactly what Im trying to learn.. I`m trying to undestand what each partten "means" in the way of feeling.. just like you have said.. (y)

Ps.: Finally the price found its way.. Lets see if we get a pull back from the lows of today..