Message For Ftse Traders......

Those profits from this morning are gone. Conclusion... Train journey + Position = Bad news :D

Another 50% off portfolio today, I'm slowly burning.

Those profits from this morning are gone. Conclusion... Train journey + Position = Bad news :D

Another 50% off portfolio today, I'm slowly burning.

Been there done it...the kids' college fund is going quick today at this end too.

You are not alone!

And the second half is closed for another 20ish.

UK-T(raider) - Not good. Are you really a vendor/broker as it says in your profile ?!

looking more and more like a break lower....

short @ 4,381

I'm editing this post, rather than starting afresh, to make it look like I am posting less...

ST @ 4,388. LT @ 4,351 i.e. low probability, high R:R.

Countdown started on Channel 4.

Should have just watched Countdown. The profitable run comes to an end.

Last edited:
UK-T(raider) - Not good. Are you really a vendor/broker as it says in your profile ?!

Not sure why it was set to that! No, I'm currently a student in 2nd Year of University :)

I think the position is going to be a two day here, with the hoping of very bad news coming out from Alcoa and Tuesday figure releases. Im dug in quite deep on the FTSE, not much choice but to ride it out.

Not sure why it was set to that! No, I'm currently a student in 2nd Year of University :)

I think the position is going to be a two day here, with the hoping of very bad news coming out from Alcoa and Tuesday figure releases. Im dug in quite deep on the FTSE, not much choice but to ride it out.

I'm only really any good at the intraday timescales, and only really consistently profitable with index futures (just about breaking-even with FX) but if you want a few pointers in this area just PM me.

You may just be having a bad patch but I sense (in a polite, non-egotistical way :)) that you could do with a bit of help.

Ben

I'm only really any good at the intraday timescales, and only really consistently profitable with index futures (just about breaking-even with FX) but if you want a few pointers in this area just PM me.

You may just be having a bad patch but I sense (in a polite, non-egotistical way :)) that you could do with a bit of help.

Ben

yes mate ........same here !!

If you need help give us a shout, I'm no hot shot but i learnt hoe to trade at university too.....

I remember getting a student loan out in my 2nd year and using it to trade vodafone shares, then in the 2nd year i learnt about CFD's and then there was no stopping me!!

I lost all my student loan going long on BT shares 4,000 contracts.....£40 per pernny!!

absolute idiot back then but then you learn..........

stick to this basic rule and i promise you will see success straight away!!

stop loss - stick to it religiously and never amend it unless you have made profit in the same day !!

FTSE - stop loss alway 25-30 points
DAX - stop loss always 25 -30 points
DOW Jones stop loss always 40 points!!

seriously just try it and watch the difference...........

open your position and just turn your PC off ............

that way your capital will last longer, rather than blowing it 50% in one trade......slowly but surely as you learn from your mistake you will get better and better I promise you!!

you will pick up chart patterns and psychological pivot points!!

A good example of an afternoon to ask the question 'what mode is the market in?' and then to trade the range with good tight stops incase anything did take off either way. 4381 before 5pm, when I have to leave, is my current target. But from a T2W point of view, I'm out of here.

Should see a small rally in the FTSE tomorrow, russia has resumed supply of gas to the rest of europe, currently brent crude up over $2. So I see energy stocks rallying on the news tomorrow, could see retailers down tomorrw, have tescos reporting.

the santa clause rally has virtually been taken out.4380 seems a reasonable target.the 4400 support broken

Attachments

• supportbroken.png
    supportbroken.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 131
4440 and 4470 are the previous resistance zones.then its 4520-30 area.if it makes it.so do we short the rallies,in these zones.?
confirming that the rally has turned.will this news change sentiment and give us a whole new trend/upwards.?
any news /earnings coming from the us tmorrow.?

ok so we will need a break above 4450 to turn this chart bullish
box size is 8 points
5 minute data..hilo
the trend is down on this chart.so i will watch to see what the rally has to offer.the ideal zone to go short,if we get it,is 4470-4530 area
anybody got any ideas.?

Attachments

• see.png
    see.png
    14.4 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
ok so we will need a break above 4450 to turn this chart bullish
box size is 8 points
5 minute data..hilo
the trend is down on this chart.so i will watch to see what the rally has to offer.the ideal zone to go short,if we get it,is 4470-4530 area
anybody got any ideas.?

I agree, 4470 a gud level to short.

there is no support until 4200 or 4000 area............I think there is only one way this is headed in the medium term!!

but that doesn't concern me because I am a day trader that scalp 20-30 points a time........Although it is good to move with the trend and make him your friend as he is an avowed enemy!!

in short term i.e. day tradin i bought at 4380 last night and closed at 4400 on the spike after trading at 22.30 !!

I will be looking to go long early doors and see If I can get a few points!!

But if 4450 is broken then we could get a nice spike from there..........

trade what you see people not what you think........

over and out!!

4380 holding the action today ,so far.there is another intermediate support at 4295 4310.no clear direction as yet

dow futures just about to breakdown.possibly a new short signal forming on this chart.at a critical level now

Attachments

• breakdown.dow.png
    breakdown.dow.png
    16 KB · Views: 123