Message For Ftse Traders......

I'm watching, waiting.

Seriously though, it's good to see the market go my way (down), but it seems to have got bored and stopped after the first 30 minutes of trading or so.

I'm watching, waiting.

Seriously though, it's good to see the market go my way (down), but it seems to have got bored and stopped after the first 30 minutes of trading or so.

wish i had done the same, topped and tailed:(

As it was quiet I was going to post a brief 'Introduction'. I'll do that later as I am short @ 4531 (retracement to previous low when it finally made a move).

Ben

[always talking in terms of futures price]

Right, I'll write this instead of taking the 20 points and running...

After nearly 2 year's hard graft I am now profitably trading the index futures (FSTE, DAX, Dow when I am feeling in need of a panic attack). I am also starting to trade FX as I was spending way too much time sitting on my hands.

Ex-scientist, living in rural Mid-Devon, 1 kid, 1 labrador.

There seems to be signs of intelligent life on this thread(!), hope I can contribute to it in some small way. Not sure about the medium (ceydababy recently introduced me to Skype chat which seems a better way to go about this, but new contributors should learn to keep quiet :) ).

Ben

PS See, it's 30 points now and I'm nearly done.

Out at x499 which just shows what I know as it continues south!

I seem to be on my own here so I'll keep quiet until I'm certain I'm not offending anyone, breaking rules etc.

Was in at 4569 early this am with a stop around 4605, been a bit of roller coaster but just got out at 4525 Ftse Daily not Future.

Any comments on the pros/cons of trading the future over the daily contract?

double bottom/ pin on 30m anyone in ?

It's not my timescale / method BUT it looks favourable and at an existing level.

Contrary to this I've gone short again at 504 with a v.tight stop.

Oops, I was meant to be keeping quiet.

Ben

OK boys and girls..........

we are at a cross roads once again..............

where do we think we are going?

I'm sat on the fence ready to jump in either side?

OK boys and girls..........

we are at a cross roads once again..............

where do we think we are going?

I'm sat on the fence ready to jump in either side?

I think the market should go down, as I think it's still way overvalued. The market rarely listens to my opinion, however.

haha...........

tell me about it .....pushing their own agendas according to there long or short positions!!

I wish i could get 5 mins on there after i opened a position, i would retire soon after? haha

I have absolutely no idea and I think that is the best way to be. My profitability made a step change in the right direction when I muted the Bloomberg pundits!

Keeping in mind that so far this financial year I've lost 15%, and therefore you probably shouldn't take my advice...

I think we have a conflict going on between people who remember the FTSE 100 up at 6000, and assert that clearly everything is incredibly cheap, and people who believe that the financial apocalypse is coming, and everything is massively overpriced. I'm in the latter group, and think the recent rally is primarily trend following rather than fundamentals based, but we'll see.

Keeping in mind that so far this financial year I've lost 15%, and therefore you probably shouldn't take my advice...

I think we have a conflict going on between people who remember the FTSE 100 up at 6000, and assert that clearly everything is incredibly cheap, and people who believe that the financial apocalypse is coming, and everything is massively overpriced. I'm in the latter group, and think the recent rally is primarily trend following rather than fundamentals based, but we'll see.

I think your analysis makes a lot of sense BUT I'm only interested in patterns that repeat themselves over a few hours. If it tanks I'll do X, if it doesn't I'll do Y. No Bloomberg, no news feeds, no interest in UK plc, no interest in the financial press,...

However, I still got out of my short too early before the obvious support @ 4450 becuase I had a 'feeling' and should have known better, so I wouldn't listen to me either :)
Ben