Mentor

Re; Mentor Role

Hi Tom,

My name is Ben Thurlow. I am interested in become a serious trader. I want to eat, sleep and breath trading. A little about myself, i am from australia a small town in the country at 16 i travelled to sydney for work experience and worked on the futures exchange floor for two weeks before it went all computerised. After finishing school i did pharmacy at university a strange choice on my behalf but my parents told me traders only lasted 10 years then nothing, so pharmacy seemed a wise choice. I have stuck with this profession for the last 8-10 years taking off two years to try and become a professional golfer. Unfortunately for me my golfing career was short lived.

As pharmacy has always been boring to me i decided enough was enough two years ago and did a masters in finance degree at university achieving a high distinction average so my commitment to a career change. I have just graduated and all i want to do is become a trader. For the last month since finishing i have watch the markets every day religious, and have invested all my money in australian shares after careful research. I have decided this was undisciplined and without proper thought. I have not lost money but it is not exciting enough, its not trading. I have about 20,000 saved and will sell tomorrow and open a trading account. I have a sound understanding of economics, technical analysis and fundamental analysis.

On the job front, i have an interview with Tibra Australia on wednesday after passing the maths and logic test next week and i am hoping to gain a job with them as a junior trader. It is the thing at the moment that i want more than anything else in the world.

Tom all i want to do is trade, i would love the opportunity to be mentored and i am willing to put in a much time as needed. I am passionate, determined and dedicated.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Benny

I am interested in being a mentor to either one or a very small group of traders.

I want to do this because someone did the same for me and helped my progression from trading part time to professional futures trader.

I, in turn, am going to help someone else to achieve the same, whether your goal is to trade for yourself from home or for a firm.

My mentoring is NOT going to be me just giving you a profitable strategy (I have done that already on this forum and if that is what you want then you can save time and go and find my thread).

It is going to be about working with you to help you develop a way of trading that works for you. I am a swing trader (trying to evolve into a position trader).

If you want to be a scalper that is completely fine.

What we will work on is choosing a market(s), understanding why it moves in the way it does, creating a detailed trading plan and learning the discipline to keep to it.

There will be a lot of emphasis on the result of emotion in trading as I think emotional intelligence is what seperates winning traders from those that lose.

I am not going to charge any money whatsoever for my time BUT you will eventually need money to trade with. If finances are limited I can help you build a trading stake. I am also willing to back a trader that I think has potential with my own money.

You should realise that this is going to be a time consuming endeavour that is going to involve you doing a lot of work on your own time. From 9pm Sunday to 9pm Friday I am covering the markets every waking hour I get. I don't expect anyone to have that same level of commitment I do but at the same time if you only have 30 minutes free in the evening then it may be best to forget it :)

Because this is a big commitment on my behalf I reserve the right to be selective in who I choose.

Send me a pm if you are interested and we can go from there.

Tom

Hi To,
I do not know if you are still here on T2W and offering mentoring.
I trade for a prop firm but still do it on the demo. I have hard time and I wnat to succeed in this busineess.
If you are reading this please pm me and we can talk more.

Cheers!