Former prop trader offers free advice

Are you serious? Allen Stanford is one of the worlds greatest known financial fraudsters so you should be tickled as you would say.

Fraudster? How dare you!

All he did was run a little ponzi scheme. It's far smaller than the one the British Government is running for public sector pensions.

Fraudster? How dare you!

All he did was run a little ponzi scheme. It's far smaller than the one the British Government is running for public sector pensions.

i'll raise you.....the fiat money ponzi, which is slightly larger.

btw has anyone tallied SS's live calls in LFs thread? of course you have, stupid question.

its exactly what every 'legendary' [cough] member on here asks for when calling out vendors. the weird thing is SS isnt a vendor (yet), but you have already called him out. So obviously you have all got his live call results to hand - and all this baiting has been based on them......they may only be demo trades but so what......please post the results you collated (before posting again on here). its v strange i dont see one post talking about live calls though, maybe i missed it. or are live calls of no relevance anymore? i dont know the tally myself - what i do know is that in the short time i was over there he called some quality trades. he also posted some ok vids, both were the basis for my response. yet i get slated, by a vendor who doesnt call trades....go figure. DT doesnt even trade, instead he spends his precious time having playground squabbles with CD, what a quality of life.

in a proper response to DTs earlier antagonistic post towards me, i apologise for not clicking on every link on SS's website, my time is limited - if he turns out to be a vendor then i also apologise (again) for not posting negative BS like you. with all that in mind, my orig comments still stand: nice simple chart explanations/getting successful traders to teach is a good thing. ok?

DT, do some meditating or smthg, maybe take a walk next time you get that urge to be a nonce, the bitterness in you is all too revealing. i bet you are actually an ok person though.

have a great sunday.

Thanks for the support..for the record, there is not a single link on my blog and there never has been!

As I keep saying...8 years trading experience. Former prop trader. I never said I worked as a prop trader for 8 years..nobody could hack it for that long!

Nope - you were there 6 months.

Yet here - it was 5 years:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/gen...ding-general-chat-lounge-184.html#post1923024

Thanks. I learned my craft as a prop trader past 5 years. I have retired now to trade own account but mainly use same methods as i did with the firm. Plot support and resistance on a 4 hour chart. trade 15 min candles at those levels. I always bet on support or resistance holding. I take any trade from these levels with a 2/1 RRR. I only want easy pips and i want my trades to be over within an hour preferably.

Note that you also say that you learned your craft as a prop trader. I would therefore suggest to the jury that any experience you have before 'learning your craft' is worthless.

Not only that - these past 5 years also covers the period you claim to have done an MsC in 12 months - a full time course....

10-08-201222-01-20.png

11-08-201223-39-16.png

See how this works? Linked in says 6 months, your posts here say past 5 years, your facebook says you've were still at school in the period you claim to be prop trading.

You need to employ someone to work on continuity.

swiss-cheese-door-wedge-a.jpg

Last edited:
There's one thing you learn in life very quickly.......
Never ever fxxx with another mans income however derived if it doesn't affect you. We may not like it but its not our business.....

I have no idea if the OP is genuine or not but one of these days someone will lose their rag with the same continual cynical posters, and go looking for them......

Just sayin......

Well - another way to look at this is that Pboyles et al have saved a few scammers from having a potential victim losing their rag & going after them.

In terms of the OP, his assertion is that he worked 5 years in a prop firm, RETIRED and the firm now wants him back as a mentor.

So - to see if he enjoys training, he's registered a domain, set up a website, started recording youtube videos and commenced a social media marketing campaign.

According to him, we aren't messing with his income.

Many people have done something similar here and in all cases, it has been a lead-in to either a paid training service or an effort to get people to part with their money so that the person can 'invest' it for them.

This site is a double-edged sword for people that take this approach. On the one hand, it appears to offer rich pickings for the seller. On the other, you have a battle on your hands proving you really are as altruistic as you make out.

You will be scrutinised here, even if you profess to offer something for free. In fact you will be scrutinised especially if you profess to offer something for free because it's been done to death.

Now - if someone comes on here selling training and at the same time shows they are legitimate and also is totally open about what they are doing, I presume they'd be scrutinised and if they passed with flying colours, that they would be lauded on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
..................Now - if someone comes on here selling training and at the same time shows they are legitimate and also is totally open about what they are doing, I presume they'd be scrutinised and if they passed with flying colours, that they would be lauded on here..................

I'm all for proper scrutiny, but the key word is "proper". I don't think the wholesale, instant condemnation and ridicule of anyone who opens such a thread amounts to "proper" scrutiny even though past experience suggests that such threads should be viewed with suspicion.

I'm all for proper scrutiny, but the key word is "proper". I don't think the wholesale, instant condemnation and ridicule of anyone who opens such a thread amounts to "proper" scrutiny even though past experience suggests that such threads should be viewed with suspicion.

Is it really wholesale condemnation though? Typically someone comes to T2Win, and either they've lied right off the bat, and pretended to be something they're not - in which case they receive condemnation. Or they are honest about who they are, and are given the opportunity to demonstrate they can trade (for about a year Lord Flasheart was offering every vendor the chance to prove their worth on the live call thread). You can't expect good treatment and fairness and proper scrutiny if you approach the place with lies.

I agree and I hope you don't think that I have done anything untoward in this regard. I have not, to the best of recollection, abused him or accused him of anything untoward.

Sweatyslouch, I imagine you are reading this. I would be grateful if you could respond to the PM I sent in response to your original PM.

Is it really wholesale condemnation though? Typically someone comes to T2Win, and either they've lied right off the bat, and pretended to be something they're not - in which case they receive condemnation. Or they are honest about who they are, and are given the opportunity to demonstrate they can trade (for about a year Lord Flasheart was offering every vendor the chance to prove their worth on the live call thread). You can't expect good treatment and fairness and proper scrutiny if you approach the place with lies.

Can't disagree with that, shaky, except to say the the general flavour of the initial reception is very much "guilty 'til proved innocent" whether that be the reception to vendors or suspected vendors.

In the murky world of trading it's wise to entertain such suspicion, but the straight condemnation without supporting evidence or explanation (the single "this is a load of crap" or "this guy's just hunting for suckers" type comments) hotly followed by the ridicule hardly amounts to constructive criticism or evidence.

I agree and I hope you don't think that I have done anything untoward in this regard. I have not, to the best of recollection, abused him or accused him of anything untoward.

Sweatyslouch, I imagine you are reading this. I would be grateful if you could respond to the PM I sent in response to your original PM.

lol, I was talking generally, not specifically about this thread.

Hello everyone,

I am a former prop trader with 8 years trading experience but I now trade my own account. I have been offered a job at my old firm as a mentor but am not sure if I would enjoy the role. As an experience I have set up a daily video blog that offers free trading ideas and technical analysis of the ftse100, major currency pairs, djia, oil and gold. I don't sell anything at all on the site (there is one google ad).

The reason I have set up the site for free and am advertising it here is I want as many new traders as possible to watch my videos and ask me questions about trading and technical analysis.

If I can get people to interact with me I will have a better idea as to whether I would enjoy becoming a trading mentor for my old company. Feel free to have a look at my videos and read my articles. Get in touch about anything trading related and I would be glad to help. I have about a month before deciding upon whether I take the job so if you want any advice from a professional trader that won't cost you anything now is the time to get it.

The address is

TradewithmeTV

I look forward to hearing from you.

I don't need to read the other posts.At 1 % margin and 50 pips a day profit at $100 per pip , or $5,000 daily , compounded weekly into $ 200k per day , why are you so generous?

I don't need to read the other posts.At 1 % margin and 50 pips a day profit at $100 per pip , or $5,000 daily , compounded weekly into $ 200k per day , why are you so generous?

Surely you're not suggesting he profitable AND posting here???

Peter

See, this is why I am so annoyed...people such as yourself have read a lie about me saying I am somebody that I am not and then come on here and add to the misrepresentation. I am going to end this here because it's Monday tomorrow and I will not have Time to waste replying to any more false assertions about me.

I have a free blog. It has no links, no ads, no revenue generating products for sale. Nothing that makes me a dime.

I think perhaps people may have misunderstood my original post and thought I was saying I was a prop trader for 8 years. I was not. I have 8 years trading experience. I only brought up that I was a former prop trader because I know lots of people reading this forum would like to be one. In the short time I was at the prop firm I was lucky enough to go to many seminars which would normally cost the public 1000's of pounds. I am in a position to give my opinions of such seminars. I was also in a position to help answers questions about interview process, what experience they look for in a candidate etc.
my masters thesis (distinction) was about creating and back testing technical trading strategies. All my results were statistically validated using t-tests. In this regard I feel I have both a practical and an academic knowledge of technical analysis that makes me qualified to offer useful help to beginner traders.
My blog is clearly linked all over this forum..as anybody who has looked at it can see there is no talk of systems or money making strategies, nothing of the sort. All the blog shows is where I will be looking to buy or sell based on price action during the upcoming trading day. Anyone who has emailed has had a swift response and I have never solicited any type of business whatsoever. It may be hard for some of you to believe but there are people who are passionate about TA and simply enjoy helping others out.
To address all you cynics that wonder why I would be so angry at the response I have had if I had nothing to gain from my blog, I would like to make a few points.

In this day and age, the Internet is used as a resource by many people and organisations as a place to look into the credentials of others. Whether by mistake or by design, you have falsely affiliated me with utter BS that I have no part of. The sad truth is that people have not done their own due diligence, but rather read your posts as if they are the gospel on the matter.
If you were in a similar position to me and did not feel compelled to clear your name I think more fool you.
Furthermore, the vindictive tone has resulted in even photos of me on certain threads. I ask all of you who post on here under the guise of anonymity, would you be happy with that?
I shall continue to keep posting my videos because I make them anyway and it has always helped me formulate a trading plan for the day and stick to it..one of the attributes I think beginner traders would do well from having themselves.

If any of you are still doubtful of my intentions I guess that there really is nothing I can say or do to change your mind. For those of you who have been a part of the false accusations against me I would be very happy to recive an apology.

I do feel rather stupid for having kept up this discussion. I am sure if I had just let you all crack on about me the whole affair would have already been forgotten. As I said before though, It is a matter of principle to me that people should be treated fairly, I feel I have not been and have therefore been compelled to respond.

Apologies for such a long post but I just thought I could try and address all my annoyance in one place.

I wont bother to rebut any replies now. I have done that in other posts which can all be found under my previous posts link.

Best regards,

Llewelyn

I think perhaps people may have misunderstood my original post and thought I was saying I was a prop trader for 8 years. I was not. I have 8 years trading experience. I only brought up that I was a former prop trader because I know lots of people reading this forum would like to be one. In the short time I was at the prop firm I was lucky enough to go to many seminars which would normally cost the public 1000's of pound

Actually - you said you'd been at a prop firm for 5 years before retiring.

On Facebook, says you were at University in the middle of that.

On linked in, says you were at the prop firm for 6 months.

I wont bother to rebut any replies now. I have done that in other posts which can all be found under my previous posts link.

Seems you've rebutted the comments about your namesake but not on the fact you've been pushing the envelope somewhat as regards your experience.

It's not worth doing that around here 'cause you'll get caught out sooner or later.

You really aren't a retired prop trader as you make out, so people are going to question everything else you say now.

As you mention - the internet is a cruel place but you did bring this on yourself with the information you put out there yourself.

Last edited: