Former Bond Trader seeking work

chiah

i am a 44 year old former bond trader with approx 20 years experience......my last job was at a small hedge fund where i traded equities and did a lot of 'flipping'..........i was wondering if there were any companies,arcades, former locals who i could approach to work as a trader (bond+equity futures)........preferably on a profit share basis............thanks mark c

hereby nominate the above for the "most succinct posting award".

LOL

chiah, do you have any 20k to put up yourself or are you looking for funding?

twalker said:
LOL

chiah, do you have any 20k to put up yourself or are you looking for funding?

looking for funding........otherwise i would just do it myself........possibly in Southend....

willing to re-train/study if needed....i have a lot of experience(started at merrills and worked my way down) but not stupid enough to think i know everything.........mc

Could try CandleStick Trading in Shenfield.

But it has to be said: 44 yrs old with 20 yrs city experience and still haven't got two 10k notes to rub together? What have you been doing with all your earnings? Paying too much alimony? :)

Never to late to learn....

Ok, the only really useful bit of advice I can give is this:

I too have worked on the fixed income trading desks of a few big-name investment banks (prop trading and market making) but it was a MAJOR culture shock to come out of that environment to trade my own money, even from a 'trading arcade'. You don't realise how dependant you are on the infrastructure till you leave. It is almost like being back at square one.

Good luck.

chiah said:
i am a 44 year old former bond trader with approx 20 years experience......my last job was at a small hedge fund where i traded equities and did a lot of 'flipping'..........i was w

CJondering if there were any companies,arcades, former locals who i could approach to work as a trader (bond+equity futures)........preferably on a profit share basis............thanks mark c

Hi chah

Are you my old buddy, :arrowr: mark cook, :arrowl: You can work for me on a 20% a profit share basis ;)