Mentor

Looking for a Mentor

Hello,
I recently started trading bund futures (day) about a month and a half ago and i'm really struggling, and would more than welcome any help you would be willing to give. I am not looking for any quick strategy fix but rather an understanding of the markets and what to look for and setup plan. I gave up running my property business to do this as i have alway wanted to and therefore am 100% commited to it and nothing else. No day job etc. I am no time waster here and would appreciate the time and knowledge if you were willing. I already have a system setup at home. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks
I am interested in being a mentor to either one or a very small group of traders.

I want to do this because someone did the same for me and helped my progression from trading part time to professional futures trader.

I, in turn, am going to help someone else to achieve the same, whether your goal is to trade for yourself from home or for a firm.

My mentoring is NOT going to be me just giving you a profitable strategy (I have done that already on this forum and if that is what you want then you can save time and go and find my thread).

It is going to be about working with you to help you develop a way of trading that works for you. I am a swing trader (trying to evolve into a position trader).

If you want to be a scalper that is completely fine.

What we will work on is choosing a market(s), understanding why it moves in the way it does, creating a detailed trading plan and learning the discipline to keep to it.

There will be a lot of emphasis on the result of emotion in trading as I think emotional intelligence is what seperates winning traders from those that lose.

I am not going to charge any money whatsoever for my time BUT you will eventually need money to trade with. If finances are limited I can help you build a trading stake. I am also willing to back a trader that I think has potential with my own money.

You should realise that this is going to be a time consuming endeavour that is going to involve you doing a lot of work on your own time. From 9pm Sunday to 9pm Friday I am covering the markets every waking hour I get. I don't expect anyone to have that same level of commitment I do but at the same time if you only have 30 minutes free in the evening then it may be best to forget it :)

Because this is a big commitment on my behalf I reserve the right to be selective in who I choose.

Send me a pm if you are interested and we can go from there.

Tom

I can't believe how much negativity this offer actually had. Never saw this thread before.

It seems you can't give it away. Unbloody****ingbelievable!

Tom. I would welcome having a chat with you sometime and working with you, see if you could teach an old dog some new tricks eh? Equally I may be able to show you a few things.

Given when this thread was started and what has since passed under the bridge, I shouldn't think T_D's offer is still on the table

yes was some time ago!

well i am up for some mentoring, i'm in Essex London borders, am willing to travel.

any offers?

thanks TradingPlaces,

but i know the guys in that office, i know how they trade as its what i used to do, i wanted to learn something new. (nothing wrong with what they do tho)

Tom, are you still up for doing some mentoring?

Hello mate, I am afraid I am not taking on any more people as I just don't have the time.

I had the best intentions when I wrote this original post but since then my time has been minimal as I work 10 hour days with a 3 hour round trip to work and I also work both Saturday and Sunday...so the only free time I get is a few hours in the evening and usually I want to get away from the markets!

I have pretty much neglected the four people I originally took on although I have their emails and will give them my time at some point when things free up (if they are reading).

hi T_D,

thanks for the reply, if you ever find the time or would like to explore setting up a team of traders please get in touch.

I'm with options - I've only just seen this thread and gave TD rep for such a generous offer thinking it was today.

I can't believe the negativity!

It's actually quite a brave thing to do - because I don't think I could put my head on the block like that. I certainly don't find trading easy all of the time (sometimes it is) and there are plenty of situations where I'm wrong and I'd hate to mentor someone who then loses money because of advice I've given them.

I'm with options - I've only just seen this thread and gave TD rep for such a generous offer thinking it was today.

I can't believe the negativity!

It's actually quite a brave thing to do - because I don't think I could put my head on the block like that. I certainly don't find trading easy all of the time (sometimes it is) and there are plenty of situations where I'm wrong and I'd hate to mentor someone who then loses money because of advice I've given them.

The rep was for that remark.

sorry was my fault, after reading his "Making Money Trading" post i replied to t_d's original offer but it was some time ago.

just in case anyone is interested, i dont expect backing, just some sort of guidance, may be meet up and discuss where i am going wrong, learn a new trading style, learn how to chart.

also i am trading right now and loosing money, so any advice you give me Hoggums could not be any worse than my own.

sorry was my fault, after reading his "Making Money Trading" post i replied to t_d's original offer but it was some time ago.

just in case anyone is interested, i dont expect backing, just some sort of guidance, may be meet up and discuss where i am going wrong, learn a new trading style, learn how to chart.

also i am trading right now and loosing money, so any advice you give me Hoggums could not be any worse than my own.

Sorry not Hoggums but if you want some help with your trading tell us where you're losing money, post a chart then maybe we'll be able to suggest something.

eg i always buy when x goes above y and my stop is at w and it keeps getting hit

Sorry not Hoggums but if you want some help with your trading tell us where you're losing money, post a chart then maybe we'll be able to suggest something.

eg i always buy when x goes above y and my stop is at w and it keeps getting hit

There you go. Trading by remote. Please do post a chart and let us know what is happening. Don't be embarrassed by anything you say. It is guaranteed that there are at least 1000 more people doing exactly the same thing.

I think the key though is to be flexible. Nothing is set in stone. set ups will work or not work. When they do work you may still have to put a bit of flexibility into the mix. X+y is not always z.

Even if you have been trading for a while, if you are losing money now, something needs altering. It may be something as simple as a time frame.

like a reverse blog, rather than this is what i'm doing how good am i, it is, dont look at my trading i'm crap. i like the idea.

There you go. Trading by remote. Please do post a chart and let us know what is happening. Don't be embarrassed by anything you say. It is guaranteed that there are at least 1000 more people doing exactly the same thing.

Thats been my philosophy for years. Who cares what people say. We can all learn and get better from one another exp.

trading

ok, so yesterday i was reading t_d's post about "making money trading" and he mentioned about pin bars, i think i found one as per chart 1, so when the price broke out on the upside i went long a FTSE @ 3950 and again @ 3964 ( 5 tick break), i was looking to take 20 ticks so sold 1 @ 3976 and ran the other 1 with a trailing stop, saw the mkt upto 4030 and sold out @ 4010, then the ftse flew O well.

today however i saw another buy signal on chart 2, but missed it, and when the ftse broke through yesterday's high by 5 ticks i bought 1 and was hoping for more then 20 ticks, but could have taken 20..i know gready boy! i then bought another ftse on the MA 20 EXP hoping for support (4228) and am looking to stop out near the MA 50 EXP (4200ish).

so made around £720 yesterday, but down today.

i am only just trying out this trading on the ftse hence the small size.

sorry charts to follow.

i'm still long by the way.

i am going to start a new thread with my last post and add in the charts at some point.
started under "mentor needed"

Last edited: