Medved QuoteTracker

you wouldnt want the # of bars to be 1 since QT will just draw 1 line for the volume and it will not really show anything. # of bars controls how many of the bars are displayed - QT breaks up the stock trading range into X sections, where X is the number of bars, then totals the volume for the trades that occur in each of the price sections and draws the line on the screen to represent the volume

Thanks Jerry :!: :D

works great the 3 boxes :cool:

Cheers a320

Last edited:
Jerry,

Any chance of getting Prev High and Prev Low as horizoontal lines? Is about the only thing I'm after from a platform that QT doesn't give.

wysi

Jerry

Vol by price.........great tool . top marks

any way or possibilty that u could eventually be able to tag 1or 2 lines a certain value from the currently highest 'vol by price'........i.e " tag line +/-15 form current highest 'vol by price'

would be great

Jay

Thanks for the quick response Jerry.

Not sure if it a wish list item as well or just me not knowing how to use QT properly... but is it possible to set the charts so that they don't show anything outside of 9:30-16:30 Mon-Fri?

I've put those settings in to the data feed bit but it still shows me flatlines for all the other hours (meaning that looking at it today I get a day of data and awhole heap of nothing.

wysi

Are you running 2 data feeds - US & UK ?

Thursday was a holiday so you will need to uncheck Thurs for last week. And Friday was a half day.

Have you unchecked "Active/Default" in Data Sources and set the right times

In preferences/multi-day uncheck "show pre-market data" and use custom timing if using uk time

Alternatively use US time by setting the display offset to Zero in Timing options if your just trading the US markets

That will display your charts in US time 9:30-4:00 EST

Cheers Colin. I think I was there with most of the options (just the custom timing one that I hadn't got) but it appears I also needed to clear out the data and re-backfill in order to sort it.

All working now.

wysi

Jerry,

A quick question about prophet nets live data....is it 3rd party or do they have there own network link with the exchanges???
I've been told they use IQ but I can't back up this anywhere.

Many thanks

a320

Thanks again Jerry :D

Is DTN part of IQ because on the website it say's DTNIQ??
I've never used DTN.. it gets some poor reviews on elite :?:

Cheers

CJ

Found the anwser:

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: What is the difference between IQFeed and DTN.IQ?
A: IQFeed is the name for the Internet streaming data feed from DTN.
DTN.IQ is the name for DTN's charting software that uses (includes) the IQFeed

Last edited:
Is level2 free with Quotetracker if you pay for a data feed through, say, IB? I don't really know anything about QT....you get free charts, execution platform etc which they run of a a data feed i pay for, like IB???

QuoteTracker supports multiple sources for Level II. For US quotes, you can use ISLAND and ARCHIPELAGO ECNs as the source, in which case its free. If you want full NASDAQ Level II, you would have to select one of the sites that support it (and pay that site if needed). IB is one of the supported sites. So, if you subscribe to IB's NASDAQ Level II, you would be able to get it through QT as well

Ahhh...that clears things up a little. You dont waste any time replying to a question do ya fella :).....You get a vote....flash

I still find 5 days of intra-day data isn't enough and I am sure more people would register if more days were available. 10 days would be good but 20 days would be better.

Other than that, I think quotetracker is excellent but it is like owning a great car with a poor engine. It looks good but without the extra data I am finding it hard to get the most out of it :confused:

Hi Jerry

You've added Custom Fib Retracements which is great thanks but I've found you can't use them with the Standard ones.

For instance I'd like to show 0%, 25%, 50% 75% and 100%.

If I combine the Standard 50% and 100% with the custom 25% and 75% lines I only get the custom ones.

Can it be changed so that you can combine the two?

Thanks

The B