Medium-term Stock Spread Betting Journal

Current Positions

An excellent week gained +9% on account, helping to recover from the current drawdown.

HTML:
Long  VOD.L   age:  28 days  current:  180.9 (P/L:  1.3%)  stop:  172.8
Long  DGO.L  age:  16 days   current:  588.8 (P/L:  5.0%)  stop:  534.6
Long  ITV.L    age:   3 days   c urrent:   91.9 (P/L:  7.1%)  stop:   80.6
Long  PIC.L    age:   3 days   current:  220.8 (P/L:  4.0%)  stop:  207.8
Long  LOG.L   age:   1 days   current:  135.1 (P/L:  1.2%)  stop:  128.7

Account: £970 (-3% YTD)

Position Closed

ouch! PIC.L stopped out after earnings report, which were reasonably good, so a bit of the selling the news going on, oh well, move on...

PIC.L: stopped out: 186.93 P/L: -11.92%

New Position

CSN.L open: 261 target: 300 stop: 249

reasonable fundamentals, good relative strength

interesting I am seeing quite a large bullish divergence of the McClellen Osc vs FTSE, much high lows of McOsc vs lows of FTSE. Meaning advancers are on the increase.

New Position

BEZ.L open: 129 target: 160 stop: 122.3
Good fundamentals, recent good report. Currently pulledback to previous resistance.

ouch, currently sitting at a -21% drawdown YTD, not helped by the loss on PIC.L and the general downturn of the FTSE.

Current Positions

Well... sod this for a game of soldiers...! a healthy -26% drawdown after an awful week...

HTML:
Long  VOD.L  age:  35 days  current:  179.3  (P/L:  0.4%) stop:  172.8
Long  DGO.L  age:  23 days  current:  574.8  (P/L:  2.5%) stop:  534.6
Long  LOG.L  age:   8 days   current:  128.7  (P/L: -3.6%) stop:  128.6
Long  CSN.L   age:   3 days   current:  248.9 (P/L: -4.9%) stop:  247.5
Long  BEZ.L   age:   2 days   current:  124.0  (P/L: -3.8%) stop:  122.3

Account: £735 (-26.5% YTD)

Position Closed

Stopped out. Was rather unfortunate to be in an insurance stock...

BEZ.L 120.7 P/L: -6.45%

Position Update

Hedged a Short on the DOW for £1/pt, for a quick £65. Not my usual stuff.

Current Positions

Just the one!

LOG.L 127 P/L: -5%

Account: £756 (YTD: -24.4%)

Position Update
LOG.L 127 P/L: -5%
[/B]

Did you give your stop more room on LOG.L? As you had this stop at 128.6 at the weekend. One lesson I've learned a few too many times is don't give your stop more room, as it more often than not leads to a bigger loss.

Did you give your stop more room on LOG.L? As you had this stop at 128.6 at the weekend. One lesson I've learned a few too many times is don't give your stop more room, as it more often than not leads to a bigger loss.

yes, as I quite like the strength that Logic is showing, and it is touching the 150DMA and also exactly on the multi-month trend line. Hence I reevaluated it.
I have done some reading recently and believe I am entering a bit too eagerly, even though I am being disciplined on my signals. Instead, I need to treat the signal as an entry onto my watchlist, I then evaluate price action and technicals for the actual trade entry. Hence, with Logica for example I would now not have entered when I did, but waited for more of a pullback to the trend line, and waiting for confirmation it's holding, then entering.

New Positions

Bought the "fear!" by buying some strong stocks that were holding at their long term trend lines:

HTML:
ITV.L     open: 84      target: 100    stop: 81.2
MGCR.L open: 277    target: 330    stop 264.6
SSE.L     open: 1182  target: 1300  stop 1155

New Positions

Bought the "fear!" by buying some strong stocks that were holding at their long term trend lines:

HTML:
ITV.L     open: 84      target: 100    stop: 81.2
MGCR.L open: 277    target: 330    stop 264.6
SSE.L     open: 1182  target: 1300  stop 1155

Good luck with them leo. I had SSE.L for over a year in my ISA, but it didn't move much and the main profit was from the dividend in the end so I ended up getting rid of it, but that was last year. If it holds up during the current panic it looks like your target is certainly reachable for it. (y)

New Position

Couldn't resist one more! who's price action is rebounding nicely from the up trend line.

VOD.L open: 173 target: 200 stop: 167.2

Good luck with them leo. I had SSE.L for over a year in my ISA, but it didn't move much and the main profit was from the dividend in the end so I ended up getting rid of it, but that was last year. If it holds up during the current panic it looks like your target is certainly reachable for it. (y)

thanks. It's main reason for holding up today is I guess people are looking at alternative energy providers to the nuclear option, but we'll see...