May '04 Forex

well i could arrange the insurance via my mum's or dad's place. might technically invalidate the policy, but you never know.

its only really needed to help me moves house, and then also get down to glastonbury and back. the poor thing may not make it back in one piece, or at least not the same colour :)

cheers though Options. and i agree, i think this is a pullback, not a change of trend :) still short!

FC

I'm still short EUR and long CHF on the 7-10 BO system. I've locked in +73.

Good news on the flat FC.

Regards,

I went long shortly after taking profits (above), so I hope it's not heading too South.

The wave charts I'm currently using are still bullish

Closed positions for + 99 pips for the day. :cheesy:

FC - we'll have to start a weekly Fx thread at this rate. Where's your Mum emigrating to?

Tks for the lead on the JonnyT 1-8, 7-10 breakout schemes, fettered one. Trading breakouts has been my nemisis ever since I started so a bit warily although hugely impressed by the lumpy numbers flyin around....maybe its just me, but soon as I hit the button at the top/bottom of a box as in the system, tis goodbye and off the market goes tuther way. Plenty of advice about tho', so this could be the moment....tks for help all and for all the info too. Keep the faith.

hmm, still short. like watching paint dry.....

goobs - mum is emigrating to hawaii to be with a man she met on t'internet. of course im happy for her, and it has nothing to do with the potential for cheap holidays :)

good idea about a weekly thread. ill get one sorted for next week.

night all, its footie time soon

:)

EUR Trend

The medium term trend in euro appears up with higher highs & lows in 240 min chart. The 60 min chart shown below has started forming lower lows & lower highs today. But price is testing the upper surface of previous up-channel line(in purple). Price broke out of this channel yesterday & previous resistance is now acting as support. Also price is close to recent demand line as well (in blue).

It does not mean that price WILL bounce from this area. What matters, however, is how price reacts when it reaches there. If price breaks this area, there is massive support at 1.2020 to 1.2034 area as shown. Its the waiting game until euro tells whats its going to do.

Regards

Attachments

• EUR Trend 1.png
    EUR Trend 1.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 206
Hi Guys and Girls,

I've been following the ever growing thread for a while now and am trading Jonnyt's great 7-10 BO system. (Many thanks Jonny, you are the Man!)
Not doing a lot at the moment though as work commitments are killing me. Hopefully next week will be better.

FC, read your post about car insurance. Check out www.moneysupermarket.com. This checks all the top insurers and gives you all of their prices and what's included etc. - I found it very good and I moved to egg as they were the cheapest!
Worth a look

FibCouple - great chart, like the fib arrangement on it. Agree with a longer-term view to the upside. I see it bounced healthily off 2028 earlier this morning so that area should be pivotal support.

Cable orders ready - L at 7959, S at 7883.

Euro figures for 1-8 am seem to be L at 2085 and S at 2028.

Ben

Morning all

I make todays range on 1 am - 8am system:

Euro 2028-2085

JPY 109.70 -110.58 (N.B. Gap over 60)

Cable 7881-7958 (again over 60)

CHF 2841-2884

My results for yesterday:

Euro +55

JPY +54

Cable -60 (n.b. range was over 60 on this loser)

CHF +74

Nett profit of 123.Another fine day!!!

Good to see some new passengers aboard the CHF bus.Some nice profits to be had on this one.

Still plenty of room on the "Good Ship Yen".This has turned round with all the speed of a supertanker but has yielded 117 pips in total this week with every trade a winner.

With 60+ point gap today be interesting to see if things will change today.

Good trading

Short on cable 7883 - not hugely confident as I expected a return to upward movement today, but we'll see. Roll 'em down!

Ben

Morning all.

TW

Although my range completes at 09:00, already Cable exceeds my volatility filter. I think you may have mentioned this previously, but are you trading live or on paper? I ask because your net profit of 123 pips is based on trading four pairs, which translates to a potential DD for the day of 240 pips.

Good morning guys and gals.

time for some chinos musings.

we have the US payroll data today i believe at 1.30 (or 1.28 lol)

this usually causes a one-way spike in the FX markets, ie no dummies, so just before the data comes out, please tighten your stops, as its gonna fly one way or another.

personally, i believe that the data is going to surprise to the upside, and this will take Betty and EuroDoolally south with great force. who knows, we could see 1.1900 today? (not impossible you know)

there appears to be loads of overhead resistance on the charts at various levels (i will post a chart in a bit)

so im going to stay on the short side, and unless the data spikes us up 100+points, whereupon i would look to go long on pullbacks, i am going to remain in the bears camp.

just a few musings, but dont trade off them please.

:)

FC

ok, short looks inviting? or is it all one big bluff?

here we go. red lines mark resistance IMHO.

if 1.2030 goes, then i think its sayonara for the short term bulls :)

Attachments

• shorely a short.jpg
    shorely a short.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 180
Stop entries for today:

EUR L 1.2086 SL 1.2026; S 1.2027 SL 1.2087
CHF L 1.2885 SL 1.2825; S 1.2840 SL 1.2900

Cable volatility > 60 pips - sorry Betty! :(

Successful trading.

Out on cable at b/e - moved stop to there after the quick run down. Overall bias was bullish for today to maintain the 60/240 min pattern, so was never too confident about the sell. Euro getting through 2028 would possibly throw water on its medium-term upward trend.

G'morning all.

Results for yesterday using the 7-10 BO system.

EUR +60 (closed out at 9:00 pm)
CHF +71 (stopped out)

Very similar to TW's results using the 1-8 system.