May '04 Forex

morning all. am back now.

saw yet another flat at lunch today. guess what , it was completely ****e. oh well :(

still not triggered on this Eur short (came within 5 points though i see)

doesnt matter though, weekly points and not daily points are what matter :)

FC

EUR short and Swissy long now +65 pips net.

Goober said:
EUR short and Swissy long now +44 pips net.

Did everyone trading BO systems get stopped out of Cable? Volatility filter kept me out. :cheesy:

Goober said:
Did everyone trading BO systems get stopped out of Cable? Volatility filter kept me out. :cheesy:

Goob,

I asked a bit earlier today if I had my cable right. I was triggered long at 1.7964 with a 60 pips stop.
Current situation:

Cable long @ 1.7964 +2
EUR short @ 1.2142 +38
CHF long @ 1.2774 +34

The only regret that I have is that is paper money :confused:
Given that this is my first day of testing, maybe I have got it wright by mistake.

TW raised an interested point earlier about his trades being successful if the spread on the BO system was les than 60pips. Has anyone checked to see if you are more successful if you do not enter the market where the BO spread is bigger than a no of pips (i.e 60)?

Last edited:
hmm short on Euro triggered at 1.2087. at least its going with the trend, but im not confident in it at all lol :(

FC

Goober
Did not get stopped out on cable as I do not have a s/l. This is the only pair I do not have a s/l on and from what I remember on a 7 - 8 breakout it has been demonstrated that the return is better on cable without a stop. In my limited experience it has proved more profitable. Entered short at 17919
Euro/Usd short 12132 witha s loss of 35 and UDS/CHF long 12769 witha 40 pt s loss.

Nicoss

I'm not sure m8! I didn't even look at Cable because of my volatility filter, whereby I won't trade a pair if the H/L range is > 60 pips.

nicoss said:
Goob,

I asked a bit earlier today if I had my cable right. I was triggered long at 1.7964 with a 60 pips stop.
Current situation:

Cable long @ 1.7964 +2
EUR short @ 1.2142 +38
CHF long @ 1.2774 +34

The only regret that I have is that is paper money :confused:
Given that this is my first day of testing, maybe I have got it wright by mistake.

TW raised an interested point earlier about his trades being successful if the spread on the BO system was les than 60pips. Has anyone checked to see if you are more successful if you do not enter the market where the BO spread is bigger than a no of pips (i.e 60)?

you know what, im losing track of all these strats flying around at the moment!! seems to prove the point, that in forex, entry can be entirely random, and as long as you close the losses early, almost any strat can be profitable.

eurodoodah short looking good at the moment. in backtesting, the average win is around +60 ish, so lets hope for a biggie :)

FC

EUR/USD heading for lower trend line on hrly chart, also heavily oversold...will she hold? Beginning to scale in long now (low stakes) for a bit of 'fun'.

EUR short and Swissy long now +143 pips net. Locked in 85 pips net.

Go, you beauty! :cheesy:

Goober said:
EUR short and Swissy long now +118 pips net. Stop losses moved to break even.

I know. Great, isn't it?

I've been able to fine-tune my system with some of the comments from the lads/ladettes.

Thanks all. Keep up the good work.

FetteredChinos said:
you know what, im losing track of all these strats flying around at the moment!! seems to prove the point, that in forex, entry can be entirely random, and as long as you close the losses early, almost any strat can be profitable.

eurodoodah short looking good at the moment. in backtesting, the average win is around +60 ish, so lets hope for a biggie :)

FC

im inclined to agree chow, but i really dont fancy trading against the trend.

1.2050 is incredibly important, as that has been support on a few occasions over the last few days. check out a 30 min chart to see what i mean. if that goes, who knows where we will end up tonight!!

FC

Chow

Thanks m8. I got tired of giving profits back to the market. I check my positions on the hour and trail my stops accordingly.

ChowClown said:
Good tradin' goobs.

Yep, looking for a decent bounce at 2050, that's where the hrly trend line intersects too.

Interested in the +60 idea cancelling a trade - Goober, do you do that on the 7-10 bo too, or just the 1-8?

Thanks,

Ben

nah goobs, im busy at work today, and likely to be for the rest of the week, so cant really monitor it all day.

just the breakouts for today/tmr, and probably early next week.

looking good thus far. though eurodolly seems to be stalling, or perhaps it is gathering its breath??

FC