May '04 Forex

Ah managed to forget to place a stop so currently running on a short at 17560. Opinion please on the sense of rolling this over the weekend. Past data suggests that by the time I pick up on this Monday morning there will have been little movement. The overall trend for cable is down, although it is very happily sitting at 17600

I'd be carefull with the shorts chaps. We're at 50% fib retracement and got PD setting in on daily charts.

Just my 2 weeks forex for what it's worth post :)

oh - and what also looks like a double bottom.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 217
I just felt it was time to open this board up for another week. Clearly the rest of you are enjoying the sun!
The break out figures I have are Euro - 12059/11879 My Cable position eventually closed 120 points down; a good lesson to ensure positions are closed each evening. However in attempt to claw back some of that I'm going with the trend and long on cable at 11709.

Mal, I'm currently looking at breaks and re-test on Euro$ at 2065 (Long) and 1969 (Short).

Cable at 11709????

Cable at 11709. I placed it with a target of 11704 based on the fact that it was well above the 7-8 break out range (maybe too far) but also sits well with the longer (daily) charts indicating that 11740 could be attainable. However, the point with b/b's is to exercise thoughts and problems so I would welcome an opinion on why this was an incorrect move.

Morning Mal, everyone -

Mal, I agree in that 7740 or so will be hit again, and will be looking as high as 7790-7800 to possibly hold back the buying, that being the last major high on 30/60 min chart, plus also 7800 round number resistance. 7800 resisted very strongly last time, so look for the same again if it reaches that far. We're clear above 7700 as I type, so hopefully (for you, anyway!), that will become support.

Ben

Cheers Ben! Any suggests folks on the euro today as it is flat. There is not a holiday or similar that I have missed? There appaers to be no significant econmic news today so we should manage to get though the 1.30 blip.

yeah, agree with Ben, 740/50 is a resist camp on this leg + a 50% fib point on the 60 min!

I guess you guy's are playing off the 'rules' via the b/o systems you're employing....but as a matter of interest, I had 675 & recently 695 is an area of 'long' triggers on my short frame (range) signals................

Seems we are missing many of the usual suspects today
Is the weather fantastic in UK or has a new thread started somewhere else, as I know there was mention of a weekly one in order to combat the growing length of this one.

Glorious couple of days sunshine across most of the UK, yep - was too good yesterday not to have down a few choice continental lagers. I missed the early morning because of it! Presume a few of the regulars are taking a well-deserved day off.

7740 breached on cable - next target 7800!

Still in on the cable long Mal?

Ben

Good afternoon all.

Thought I'd check in to see how everyone's doing. Look's quiet to me! Is everyone suffering from too many lagers/ales over the weekend? :cheesy:

I didn't trade this morning, however, I did have an entry signal to go long at 1.7580 at approximately 1:15am. No problem - tomorrow's another day.

Successful trading.

guess anybody on the 1-8 euro/usd sys doing well today. the 7-10 system has a range of 60+ so I'm not trading it unless there's some other TA to tell me differently

Still long on cable at 11709 and will be happy to see 11740 prior to day end. Long euro at 12059 based on 7-10 breakout.

Ice cream anyone?

......EUR/USD (5 min) banging it's bum on 38% fib; 50% 1970; 68% 1950;.......pllllllop!

Last edited:
morning all, how are we all doing?? long time no , err , chat.

not trading for a while, got more important stuff to do like clear up my old flat and move into the new one. then ive got my poxy CIMA exams next week, so i think i shall have a break until june, and start afresh :)

good luck to you all.

:)

FC

FetteredChinos said:
morning all, how are we all doing?? long time no , err , chat.

not trading for a while, got more important stuff to do like clear up my old flat and move into the new one. then ive got my poxy CIMA exams next week, so i think i shall have a break until june, and start afresh :)

good luck to you all.

:)

FC

FC
Good luck with your exams & enjoy a refreshing break

Happy trading
NB