Market Wizards

darrenf

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that there was a brand new Market Wizards book available.

I've just checked on Global Investor and there doesn't seem to be one.

The ones listed are:-

Market wizards
new market wizards
stock market wizards

I have all three of these and I have to say thay are among the best books on trading I have read.

Does anyone know if there is another one due to be published imminently?

Thanks

agree - they are fantastic books . there could be a fourth one but don't hold your breath , they tend to be in 10 year gaps.

The book by Alpesh Patel is pretty decent also... The Mind of a Trader or something.. like Jack Schwager, he interviews a few great traders and puts it in the book

FWIW- i read "mind of a trader" and it's the only book i have EVER taken back to a shop asking for a refund. I couldn't believe how poor it was... badly written, inaccurate, dull. but then that's (maybe) just me.

Personally I always used to tell my trainees ( as a market maker) to read the market wizards books, AND reminensces of a stock operator

FWIW- i read "mind of a trader" and it's the only book i have EVER taken back to a shop asking for a refund. I couldn't believe how poor it was... badly written, inaccurate, dull. but then that's (maybe) just me.
:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

how i giggled.... :cheesy: :cheesy:

I found the Jesse Livermore biography ok , not fantastic but worth reading . The MW series is better IMV , if you had to choose.

The fascinating thing about the 3rd market wizards books is that there are some people in it who's approach or success they attribute partially to having been inspired by one of the earlier books......that's some endorsement.

* The fascinating thing about the 3rd market wizards books is that there are some people in it who's approach or success they attribute partially to having been inspired by one of the earlier books......that's some endorsement. *

That's really cool . I haven't read the 3rd one . Is it as good as the others ?

ermm, difficult to say, personally prefer the second one (New M W) but first has very good stuff too. Think the 3rd one doesn't have the trading "giants" that the first 2 have, but still interesting.

Lent it to a friend who hasn't returned it (can't remember who !) so can't quote, but there is someone who talks about conventional chart patterns, and says that people look at them in isolation and that they are useless like that, and that he tried to concerntrate on working out "when" they work, and when they don't. That rung true with what I had experienced, and has made a big difference to my trading.