market trading hours

terriegym

am i going potty. doesnt the market open 10pm sunday til 10pm friday? or am i wrong?

You probably mean forex, which does trade 2200 GMT Sunday to 2200 GMT Friday.

However, e.g. spreadbetters offering trades based on this market apply some restrictions: mine has a daily non-trading period of 2159-2203. They also vary their operations according to public holidays which might be different to the various exchanges round the world. I think they may also apply time restrictions according to whether you're SB-ing on Rolling Daily values or Monthly values.

Forex charts do show Closing prices for each day (other than the short Sunday session). Note that according to your data provider, the Close displayed at say 1800 can be a little different to the Close displayed at 2200.

Stock markets offer much shorter hours based on their local time .

Thanks, sorry yes its forex on MT4

i thought it was 10pm, but all my terminals stopped at 9 so was wondering if they'd changed the times, also the US markets would still have been open!!

I did find that on IE the chart time from my SB firm was an hour out and I couldn't find a tool to re-set it, but on Google Chrome its OK so I just use that instead.

I did find that on IE the chart time from my SB firm was an hour out and I couldn't find a tool to re-set it, but on Google Chrome its OK so I just use that instead.

im just peeved, as i went to finish off the day and nothing was working 3 platforms, on 3 computers, 2 different brokers. and nothing!! platforms showing 2 hours ahead as normal.