MARKET THEORY Vs TRADING STRATEGY

George A

http://imgur.com/2O4ghdU
I often have wondered about the requirements of becoming a master( professional ) trader , and have come to 2 conclusions
NO 1 . Have enough money and move the market they way THEY( the driving power behind it ) move it .
I quickly realized that i can NOT do that because i do NOT have that kind of money.
NO 2 . learn this business from THESE guys ,and how THEY run THEIR business , because common sense dictate that , that would be the ultimate place to learn from , cause THEY run the show , and NOT all the so called educators that teach trading .
SO i followed common sense , and i could NOT believe how easy going THESE guys are ,, and THEY were more than happy to teach us how THEY move this market .
What THEY have taught me is ,,,
THEY have a theory on which they run this market to , and it is NOT a trading system of course , as they dont really need one , cause they call the shots .
So my point here is ,,, as this has been MY finding , and wanted to share it with who ever care to listen >>>>>>>>>>>>
What we really need IS the THEORY , and NOT a trading system , BECAUSE the theory IS the true basis to the market , and it works consistently , BUT the hardest part IS , knowing what that theory is .
The chart link above , demonstrated how easy one can follow THEIR movement , and have a road map ahead the price action as to where they will rest and have their coffee breaks so to speak :p . it is a chart of the EURO/YEN 15 mnt for yesterday the 13/11 , ad i have marked all the levels of interest .
I did NOT trade the up move , as it is sleeping time me in Sydney , BUT i sure called EVERY bottom on the way down to the low of the day , which is a daily routine for me , as with having the theory in your hand , you can pick almost every top and bottom of each day .
Hope this will be of a value to some .
Cheers,
George :cool:

Last edited:
Hi George
Thanks for sharing.
Are you going to post potential targets daily ?
Can you do other pairs?
EURUSD, GBPUSD & AUDUSD are also popular pairs

Last edited:
Hi George
Thanks for sharing.
Are you going to post potential targets daily ?
Can you do other pairs?
EURUSD, GBPUSD & AUDUSD are also popular pairs
Thank u bill ,
I am NOT an analyses service :p
I just wanted to share some findings .
Cheers,

George
Ok, but are you going to be doing this on a regular basis?

Last edited:
Gbp/nzd

http://imgur.com/edit?deletehash=ZSKdYJrNlujGvFi
Here is another example , as this would have to be THE ultimate .
The GBP/NZD had a drop of about 136 pips in a 15 mnt bar . and it stopped at 1.92100 , Market THEORY target first stop was 1.92099 ,, that is .1 of 1 pip out .
I ask ,,,,, why did it stop there exactly after 136 pip move in 1 bar ??????????
Is it a clear market theory ... OR trading strategy ????
Cheers,
george :cool:

Last edited:
I often have wondered about the requirements of becoming a master( professional ) trader , and have come to 2 conclusions
NO 1 . Have enough money and move the market they way THEY( the driving power behind it ) move it .
I quickly realized that i can NOT do that because i do NOT have that kind of money.
NO 2 . learn this business from THESE guys ,and how THEY run THEIR business , because common sense dictate that , that would be the ultimate place to learn from , cause THEY run the show , and NOT all the so called educators that teach trading .
SO i followed common sense , and i could NOT believe how easy going THESE guys are ,, and THEY were more than happy to teach us how THEY move this market .
THEY have a theory on which they run this market to , and it is NOT a trading system of course , as they dont really need one , cause they call the shots .
So my point here is ,,, as this has been MY finding , and wanted to share it with who ever care to listen >>>>>>>>>>>>
What we really need IS the THEORY , and NOT a trading system , BECAUSE the theory IS the true basis to the market , and it works consistently , BUT the hardest part IS , knowing what that theory is .
The chart link above , demonstrated how easy one can follow THEIR movement , and have a road map ahead the price action as to where they will rest and have their coffee breaks so to speak :p . it is a chart of the EURO/YEN 15 mnt for yesterday the 13/11 , ad i have marked all the levels of interest .
I did NOT trade the up move , as it is sleeping time me in Sydney , BUT i sure called EVERY bottom on the way down to the low of the day , which is a daily routine for me , as with having the theory in your hand , you can pick almost every top and bottom of each day .
Cheers,

Hi George,

Many thanks for your insight and help that you have given to me in relation to your studies. :smart:

However, unless I can apply theory to practice and from there develop a trading strategy that observes rules and disciplines in a workable structure that promotes the development of a successful trading system then I feel that there is little point in just proving that 1 + 1 = 2 (not meant disrespectfully).

My Met4 trading platform allows me to go way back in time so what I intend to do is something that I have not done for over three years. I will work forward from the 1.11.2012 right through to the current day. I will use Fib levels from the over night trading on the EUR/YEN after 6am each morning. What I will do is start my day trying to find a Fib range to work from and use this in association with my own bandwidths that runs from 11pm - 6am in the morning. Please excuse my over simplicity of using Fibs as I now know that your level of expertise in this field can only be achieved by months of back testing and intelligent application to yield a standard level of competence.

My work plan is to observe the early morning market position and apply what I calculate to be an ENTRY POINT, a STOP LOSS and a PROFIT TARGET for trades throughout the day. I will record comments on each day in WORD & theoretical trades in EXCEL.

Hopefully by the end of the year's results I will have formed a set of rules that can be applied and used in a profitable strategy.

:clap:

Hi George,

Many thanks for your insight and help that you have given to me in relation to your studies. :smart:

However, unless I can apply theory to practice and from there develop a trading strategy that observes rules and disciplines in a workable structure that promotes the development of a successful trading system then I feel that there is little point in just proving that 1 + 1 = 2 (not meant disrespectfully).

My Met4 trading platform allows me to go way back in time so what I intend to do is something that I have not done for over three years. I will work forward from the 1.11.2012 right through to the current day. I will use Fib levels from the over night trading on the EUR/YEN after 6am each morning. What I will do is start my day trying to find a Fib range to work from and use this in association with my own bandwidths that runs from 11pm - 6am in the morning. Please excuse my over simplicity of using Fibs as I now know that your level of expertise in this field can only be achieved by months of back testing and intelligent application to yield a standard level of competence.

My work plan is to observe the early morning market position and apply what I calculate to be an ENTRY POINT, a STOP LOSS and a PROFIT TARGET for trades throughout the day. I will record comments on each day in WORD & theoretical trades in EXCEL.

Hopefully by the end of the year's results I will have formed a set of rules that can be applied and used in a profitable strategy.

:clap:
Hahahahahaha ,,,
Great words and thank u uncle Mike :p hahahahah
But dont worry too much about the past history length as ur length is more than mine,, cause mine ONLY goes back to January 2013. So u have plenty to go by .
Putting a strategy in place is nowhere near as important as learning THEIR way of moving and constructing this market .
I will leave it at that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
George (y)

well if they can construct the market as u say and they know u have broken their code they will change it ....so shhh george else we will all be screwed :)

Hahahahahaha ,,,
Great words and thank u uncle Mike :p hahahahah
But dont worry too much about the past history length as ur length is more than mine,, cause mine ONLY goes back to January 2013. So u have plenty to go by .
Putting a strategy in place is nowhere near as important as learning THEIR way of moving and constructing this market .
I will leave it at that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
George (y)

i should say that i do not agree george...the past price action IS valuable however at the time it may have had a news item like say nfp but today this is not important however the price still reacts or not

way beyond my thinking but price is king

i should say that i do not agree george...the past price action IS valuable however at the time it may have had a news item like say nfp but today this is not important however the price still reacts or not

way beyond my thinking but price is king
I respect your opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
George :D

think u need to live in the now mike...

sorry mike i wasn't having a go but many years ago i did something similar and to cut a long story short i lost. so for me it is all about today with a little help from yesterday and the day before ...ha ah i just cant say what i mean.

i suppose if the jigsaw has a lot of blue sky i'm fu#ked :LOL:

well if they can construct the market as u say and they know u have broken their code they will change it ....so shhh george else we will all be screwed :)
Hahahahaha
As i did mention in another post ,, THESE guys are more than happy to teach us IF we are prepared to listen .
Cheeeeeeeeers
george :cool:

Why do traders have an ignorant , and a great deal of UNDER estimation outlook on the past history of the market ( and i say this with respect of course ) ,, WHEN ,,,
It is the ONLY curriculum that we have for this business .
Over the years people went to universities and colleges , and study from a curriculum that is based on PAST HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does that awaken any thinking i wonder ?????????????????????
Cheers,
George (y)

Last edited:
Cheers,

Tweedle THESE and Tweedle THEY... :LOL:

Make sure you get good sleep. (y)

:sleep:

Last edited:
Why do traders have an ignorant , and a great deal of UNDER estimation outlook on the past history of the market ( and i say this with respect of course ) ,, WHEN ,,,
It is the ONLY curriculum that we have for this business .
Over the years people went to universities and colleges , and study from a curriculum that is based on PAST HISTORY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Does that awaken any thinking i wonder ?????????????????????
Cheers,
George (y)

hmmm