MARKET THEORY Vs TRADING STRATEGY

George A

147 11
http://imgur.com/2O4ghdU
I often have wondered about the requirements of becoming a master( professional ) trader , and have come to 2 conclusions
NO 1 . Have enough money and move the market they way THEY( the driving power behind it ) move it .
I quickly realized that i can NOT do that because i do NOT have that kind of money.
NO 2 . learn this business from THESE guys ,and how THEY run THEIR business , because common sense dictate that , that would be the ultimate place to learn from , cause THEY run the show , and NOT all the so called educators that teach trading .
SO i followed common sense , and i could NOT believe how easy going THESE guys are ,, and THEY were more than happy to teach us how THEY move this market .
What THEY have taught me is ,,,
THEY have a theory on which they run this market to , and it is NOT a trading system of course , as they dont really need one , cause they call the shots .
So my point here is ,,, as this has been MY finding , and wanted to share it with who ever care to listen >>>>>>>>>>>>
What we really need IS the THEORY , and NOT a trading system , BECAUSE the theory IS the true basis to the market , and it works consistently , BUT the hardest part IS , knowing what that theory is .
The chart link above , demonstrated how easy one can follow THEIR movement , and have a road map ahead the price action as to where they will rest and have their coffee breaks so to speak :p . it is a chart of the EURO/YEN 15 mnt for yesterday the 13/11 , ad i have marked all the levels of interest .
I did NOT trade the up move , as it is sleeping time me in Sydney , BUT i sure called EVERY bottom on the way down to the low of the day , which is a daily routine for me , as with having the theory in your hand , you can pick almost every top and bottom of each day .
Hope this will be of a value to some .
Cheers,
George :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: BILLV

BILLV

128 2
Hi George
Thanks for sharing.
Are you going to post potential targets daily ?
Can you do other pairs?
EURUSD, GBPUSD & AUDUSD are also popular pairs

Last edited:

George A

147 11
Hi George
Thanks for sharing.
Are you going to post potential targets daily ?
Can you do other pairs?
EURUSD, GBPUSD & AUDUSD are also popular pairs
Thank u bill ,
I am NOT an analyses service :p
I just wanted to share some findings .
Cheers,

BILLV

128 2
George
Ok, but are you going to be doing this on a regular basis?

Last edited:

George A

147 11
Gbp/nzd

http://imgur.com/edit?deletehash=ZSKdYJrNlujGvFi
Here is another example , as this would have to be THE ultimate .
The GBP/NZD had a drop of about 136 pips in a 15 mnt bar . and it stopped at 1.92100 , Market THEORY target first stop was 1.92099 ,, that is .1 of 1 pip out .
I ask ,,,,, why did it stop there exactly after 136 pip move in 1 bar ??????????
Is it a clear market theory ... OR trading strategy ????
Cheers,
george :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: BILLV

MIKE FARRELL

183 4
http://imgur.com/2O4ghdU
I often have wondered about the requirements of becoming a master( professional ) trader , and have come to 2 conclusions
NO 1 . Have enough money and move the market they way THEY( the driving power behind it ) move it .
I quickly realized that i can NOT do that because i do NOT have that kind of money.
NO 2 . learn this business from THESE guys ,and how THEY run THEIR business , because common sense dictate that , that would be the ultimate place to learn from , cause THEY run the show , and NOT all the so called educators that teach trading .
SO i followed common sense , and i could NOT believe how easy going THESE guys are ,, and THEY were more than happy to teach us how THEY move this market .
What THEY have taught me is ,,,
THEY have a theory on which they run this market to , and it is NOT a trading system of course , as they dont really need one , cause they call the shots .
So my point here is ,,, as this has been MY finding , and wanted to share it with who ever care to listen >>>>>>>>>>>>
What we really need IS the THEORY , and NOT a trading system , BECAUSE the theory IS the true basis to the market , and it works consistently , BUT the hardest part IS , knowing what that theory is .
The chart link above , demonstrated how easy one can follow THEIR movement , and have a road map ahead the price action as to where they will rest and have their coffee breaks so to speak :p . it is a chart of the EURO/YEN 15 mnt for yesterday the 13/11 , ad i have marked all the levels of interest .
I did NOT trade the up move , as it is sleeping time me in Sydney , BUT i sure called EVERY bottom on the way down to the low of the day , which is a daily routine for me , as with having the theory in your hand , you can pick almost every top and bottom of each day .
Hope this will be of a value to some .
Cheers,

Hi George,

Many thanks for your insight and help that you have given to me in relation to your studies. :smart:

However, unless I can apply theory to practice and from there develop a trading strategy that observes rules and disciplines in a workable structure that promotes the development of a successful trading system then I feel that there is little point in just proving that 1 + 1 = 2 (not meant disrespectfully).

My Met4 trading platform allows me to go way back in time so what I intend to do is something that I have not done for over three years. I will work forward from the 1.11.2012 right through to the current day. I will use Fib levels from the over night trading on the EUR/YEN after 6am each morning. What I will do is start my day trying to find a Fib range to work from and use this in association with my own bandwidths that runs from 11pm - 6am in the morning. Please excuse my over simplicity of using Fibs as I now know that your level of expertise in this field can only be achieved by months of back testing and intelligent application to yield a standard level of competence.

My work plan is to observe the early morning market position and apply what I calculate to be an ENTRY POINT, a STOP LOSS and a PROFIT TARGET for trades throughout the day. I will record comments on each day in WORD & theoretical trades in EXCEL.

Hopefully by the end of the year's results I will have formed a set of rules that can be applied and used in a profitable strategy.

:clap:

George A

147 11
Hi George,

Many thanks for your insight and help that you have given to me in relation to your studies. :smart:

However, unless I can apply theory to practice and from there develop a trading strategy that observes rules and disciplines in a workable structure that promotes the development of a successful trading system then I feel that there is little point in just proving that 1 + 1 = 2 (not meant disrespectfully).

My Met4 trading platform allows me to go way back in time so what I intend to do is something that I have not done for over three years. I will work forward from the 1.11.2012 right through to the current day. I will use Fib levels from the over night trading on the EUR/YEN after 6am each morning. What I will do is start my day trying to find a Fib range to work from and use this in association with my own bandwidths that runs from 11pm - 6am in the morning. Please excuse my over simplicity of using Fibs as I now know that your level of expertise in this field can only be achieved by months of back testing and intelligent application to yield a standard level of competence.

My work plan is to observe the early morning market position and apply what I calculate to be an ENTRY POINT, a STOP LOSS and a PROFIT TARGET for trades throughout the day. I will record comments on each day in WORD & theoretical trades in EXCEL.

Hopefully by the end of the year's results I will have formed a set of rules that can be applied and used in a profitable strategy.

:clap:
Hahahahahaha ,,,
Great words and thank u uncle Mike :p hahahahah
But dont worry too much about the past history length as ur length is more than mine,, cause mine ONLY goes back to January 2013. So u have plenty to go by .
Putting a strategy in place is nowhere near as important as learning THEIR way of moving and constructing this market .
I will leave it at that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
George (y)

Dick Lexic

Veteren member
4,954 124
well if they can construct the market as u say and they know u have broken their code they will change it ....so shhh george else we will all be screwed :)

Dick Lexic

Veteren member
4,954 124
Hahahahahaha ,,,
Great words and thank u uncle Mike :p hahahahah
But dont worry too much about the past history length as ur length is more than mine,, cause mine ONLY goes back to January 2013. So u have plenty to go by .
Putting a strategy in place is nowhere near as important as learning THEIR way of moving and constructing this market .
I will leave it at that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
George (y)

i should say that i do not agree george...the past price action IS valuable however at the time it may have had a news item like say nfp but today this is not important however the price still reacts or not

way beyond my thinking but price is king

George A

147 11
i should say that i do not agree george...the past price action IS valuable however at the time it may have had a news item like say nfp but today this is not important however the price still reacts or not

way beyond my thinking but price is king
I respect your opinion !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cheers
George :D

Dick Lexic

Veteren member
4,954 124
think u need to live in the now mike...

sorry mike i wasn't having a go but many years ago i did something similar and to cut a long story short i lost. so for me it is all about today with a little help from yesterday and the day before ...ha ah i just cant say what i mean.

i suppose if the jigsaw has a lot of blue sky i'm fu#ked :LOL:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock