Market Manipulation

Do the 85% all open positions in the same direction at the same time, with exactly the same stops and limits? If so, the SB's plug-in profit maximiser will just reject the trades, so what happens then?

Your first post seemed intriguing and a good starting point for one of T2W's futile arguments, but you seem to have turned into David Icke.

Did I say the same stops and limits? Please show me that!!!

That would be beyond the realms of probability.

But that does not matter, the algos react in approximately 1/10000 of a second and are designed to probe the extent of the movement and the further indicators, if there is money going up then off it goes, the latency in your buy in is also a great help, slippage you guys call it and accept with little complaint...

Slippage and punters insouciance about it is a licence to make money...

I've answered you despite the shattering revelation that you have insufficient discernment and intellect to not confuse my outlining of collusion and cooperation with conspiracy. That makes you far more akin to the Icke-loon I think... still... takes all sorts.

PS, it's not futile, it goes to the heart of just how far you can trust the Boards, my answer is 'not far at all'... make £50 a day and they're not disturbed, make £500 a day for a week or two and they get edged right up at the corners and take them for £5k a few times a week and Oh Brother do they get spicy and ripe...

Did I say the same stops and limits? Please show me that!!!

That would be beyond the realms of probability.

But that does not matter, the algos react in approximately 1/10000 of a second and are designed to probe the extent of the movement and the further indicators, if there is money going up then off it goes, the latency in your buy in is also a great help, slippage you guys call it and accept with little complaint...

Slippage and punters insouciance about it is a licence to make money...

I've answered you despite the shattering revelation that you have insufficient discernment and intellect to not confuse my outlining of collusion and cooperation with conspiracy. That makes you far more akin to the Icke-loon I think... still... takes all sorts.

PS, it's not futile, it goes to the heart of just how far you can trust the Boards, my answer is 'not far at all'... make £50 a day and they're not disturbed, make £500 a day for a week or two and they get edged right up at the corners and take them for £5k a few times a week and Oh Brother do they get spicy and ripe...

No, you didn't say the same stops and limits, but that was the implication of the '85% do the same thing' idea.

Why not tell us simpletons what it is you're saying that will actually help us trade? Or are we beyond help if we don't subscribe to your conspiracy theory?

That was the action of one Quant pressing the 'minimise' option on their bank of computers as he read that the President had been shot...

more tosh if this is the news event you were in fact referring to....

"about explosions at the White House injuring President Obama"

http://www.cnbc.com/id/100646197

i know its fairly inconsequential to the rest of the BS gushing from mycro's finger tips, but it does highlight the point that if he cannot even get a globally reported news event correct (which was tweeted - so no misinterpretation possible) what chance rest of his statements, all unfounded to date, have any basis? the 85% argument is getting v tiresome - it doesnt relate to retail traders decision making.

enjoyed the lulz though. some of the prose reminds me of a banned person.

No, you didn't say the same stops and limits, but that was the implication of the '85% do the same thing' idea.

Why not tell us simpletons what it is you're saying that will actually help us trade? Or are we beyond help if we don't subscribe to your conspiracy theory?

Where the hell is this 'implication', if I say it then it is there, if I don't it ain't!!!

Every single post clearly defines the action as being either 'up or 'down' and entirely about pattern recognition, WTF has pattern recognition to do with stops and limits... for crying out loud!

It's like a damned remedial class around here, do some of you leave your brains at the log in?

There is no conspiracy... there is cooperation and collusion but not conspiracy... I've lost count of how often I've repeated this... does no one actually read stuff on here without adding their own bits to the text???

i know its fairly inconsequential to the rest of the BS gushing from mycro's finger tips, but it does highlight the point that if he cannot even get a globally reported news event correct (which was tweeted - so no misinterpretation possible) what chance rest of his statements, all unfounded to date, have any basis? the 85% argument is getting v tiresome - it doesnt relate to retail traders decision making.

Yes, it must be a wind-up, but at least T2W has woken up slightly after being totally dead for weeks.

Mycroft – I’ve made two posts in this thread and you’ve responded to neither. More enlightened souls than me may wonder why you have shied away from spelling out precisely what utility your findings have for the trader. Personally, I choose to believe the reasons are that you feel my raw inexperience in insufficient to comprehend the nature of its significance and you don’t have an easy way of saying that, so rather than offend me, you hope by ignoring me I’ll get the message. In which case, message received.

Unfortunately, given your obvious willingness to get into a troll-fest with the more experienced members rather than answer genuine requests for erudition from bottom feeders such as myself might lead some to question your motives and intent. As well as your validity.

Benjamin Jowett is a favourite of mine and one of his quotes seems apt: “Doubt comes in at the window when inquiry is denied at the door.”.

Oh dear... I couldn't remember the details of a totally incorrect report about something that didn't happen and was not founded in any form of truth... that confirms it then, I can't possibly know anything... certain proof 'fo shizzle!

Another mentalist appears out of the mud... what breed of Tamagotchi are you?

Mycroft I’ve read all the way through out of interest and a desire to find out what it is that you have, or think you have, that will make a difference to the way anyone reading your posts trades tomorrow. I’m not asking you to summarise as I could that myself if I could discern any coherent structure out of what it is you are trying to explain, so I suspect you’ll need to take a new tack. I’m sure that fault is mine in not possessing the necessary and basic skills required to even understand the obvious, let alone the nuances. So could you please if only for my benefit, post a basic set of bullet-points from what your research has given you in a way that I could bend to my use at start of trading tomorrow morning? Something utilitarian and concise that would actually make a positive difference to my P&L.

In expectation of something that I, and the other members too of course, can find useful and in return for your hoped for efforts, something I’m sure you will get if you are who I think you think you are:-

“...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right. Again and again I have taken a problem to him, and have received an explanation which has afterwards proved to be the correct one. And yet he was absolutely incapable of working out the practical points...”.

Sorry PB, read you most recent and I did miss this, there is a sizeable amount of detritus along the thread I'm starting to skim read and not read some at all...

I am not offering any panacea, snake-oil or anything else really other than a number of interesting findings that I hoped (pointlessly, it now appears) might bring to my attention similar instances from peoples trading experience, it has turned rotten and frankly I can't be bothered much now.

I'd rather sit here and use the site for entertainment between trading, I have my own Tamagotchi. (and maybe a second one :) )

The thread is fooked, it had good intentions but died ages ago.

Cheers (y)

Unfortunately you are correct. I have just been informed this Mycroft is a reincarnation of a serial troll on these boards. What a waste of everyone's time.

Wrong, never been here before except on Saturday(?) but whether the day is spot on I had never even heard of this place, let alone been here before I had a look in and was asked to join to continue viewing a couple of days ago.

This place is Paranoia Central...

Oh dear... I couldn't remember the details of a totally incorrect report about something that didn't happen and was not founded in any form of truth... that confirms it then, I can't possibly know anything... certain proof 'fo shizzle!

Another mentalist appears out of the mud... what breed of Tamagotchi are you?

mycroft, fyi:

1. i was further highlighting your foolish consistency....you have consistently made incorrect statements or, as shakone made clear, statements with no proof ie assumptions. your consistency in this is quite remarkable & which relates to a well studied human behavioural pattern called many things namely 'retardation'. google it theres loadsa research on it.

2. & to elaborate further, i was inferring that for someone purporting to know so much about algos it cld be classed as strange (not to me) that you got the one globally front page news reported algo story 'facts' wrong.

keep trolling.

mycroft, fyi:

1. i was further highlighting your foolish consistency....you have consistently made incorrect statements or, as shakone made clear, statements with no proof ie assumptions. your consistency in this is quite remarkable & which relates to a well studied human behavioural pattern called many things namely 'retardation'. google it theres loadsa research on it.

2. & to elaborate further, i was inferring that for someone purporting to know so much about algos it cld be classed as strange (not to me) that you got the one globally front page news reported algo story 'facts' wrong.

keep trolling.

Yep, another Tamagotchi poster...

Sorry PB, read you most recent and I did miss this, there is a sizeable amount of detritus along the thread I'm starting to skim read and not read some at all...

I am not offering any panacea, snake-oil or anything else really other than a number of interesting findings that I hoped (pointlessly, it now appears) might bring to my attention similar instances from peoples trading experience, it has turned rotten and frankly I can't be bothered much now.

I'd rather sit here and use the site for entertainment between trading, I have my own Tamagotchi. (and maybe a second one :) )

The thread is fooked, it had good intentions but died ages ago.

Cheers (y)
I thought you might say something like that.

I don't often get hissed off at people, but you're just wasting everyone's time. Including mine - right up to, but not beyond this post.

Get a girlfriend.

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."