Mark Austin FTSE Service

I received an email from mark. He says he only does 1-2 trades a week and sometimes more.
is it worth paying £57 for that? Not for me. He still has not told me how many trades he actually did.. say in jan 2011. His link gives accumulative trades for 2010 which is not good for anyone.
My sincere request to you all is if you want to subscribe ask for proof with exact date,entry and exit points. There are too many service out there who all say they are the best.
Ask Mark for the proof. Where is it? Not monthly or yearly.but daily trades.
If you cannot provide that to the members here, well.. i will let people decide

RJ here been keeping away from the thread to many negative people out there anyway MA has had a profitable month 2 loser so upto 28th Jan 2011 u would of been if following MA to the letter 66.3 pips it was up 137+ pips but a bad end last week gave some back.
Anyway still 66.3 pips is not to be sniffed at and easily covers the cost for the month at £1 a pip.

This offer raises all the usual questions, why is the service so cheap if it is so good? etc etc.

I will sign up for a trial and post results here, stay tuned.

I got an offer by T2W - 97.- for a quarter with refund possibilty if you are not satisfied after one month. Maybe thats a nice possibility to see if it's worth it - going just the risk to loose money on the trades if they occur.
On the other hand last sentence of robjones above - which I copy here - is not the greatest advertisement:
"Anyway still 66.3 pips is not to be sniffed at and easily covers the cost for the month at £1 a pip. "
If you pay 57 for a regular month and get 66.3 - that's not even 10 pips for your yourself.
But if this would be an average over long term period I would not say thats bad, cause you have the possibility to increase your stakes of course. So I guess I'll use the weekend to think about it giving it a try also. And if I do I promise to give some honest feedback.
Btw - another member said that one or two trades a week are poor. I don't think that's an argument at all. I like quality a lot more than quantity. And if some trades develop the possibility to keep them as a swing trade, why not play with S/L or Trailing Stops to get out the most of it?
Have a nice weekend all - and good luck with your trading.
Cheers
lasso49

Last edited:
I thought about it and signed up today for the 3 months T2W partner offer.
Will keep you updated on results.
Next decision will be on stakes and I think I'm gonna start (at least in first month) with 1 € / point.
If it develops good I'm gonna stay it for the 3 monts period and do stakes of 2 € / point.
If it does not pay off in first month I'm gonna cancel the service.
In my opinion the partner is fair enough to give it a try and I'm gonna keep you updated on my personal experience.
Have a nice and relaxing Sunday.
Cheers
lasso49

OK, I need to get up to speed with all the stuff he is mentioning in the emails about trading tunnels etc.

From what I can make out so far, the trades appear to have been profitable.

It might not be easy to reconcile profits / losses made by the service operator and ones own profits / losses. That said, there is plenty of communication via sms and email, anyone at or near a pc most of the day should be able to get near enough to his entry and exit points.

At the moment, it is a case of me not being totally up to speed with how things are operating.

If nothing else, at the moment it has opened my eyes to different methods of potentially making a few ££ (or losing a few ££!).

I am going to immerse myself in reading, get up to speed and start trading these for small £ on Monday.

Hi everybody,
I agree to what Jake says. It's very useful to read all the pdf documents Mark attaches with his first email. And they worth reading - believe me. Every question I had was answered so far in less than 30 minutes. By Mark himself or his helpful support team. Of course you may be a bit behind Marks action but with everything he does you get an email and a sms. So I think thats a brilliant service.
What you should have if you want to follow properly is a spread betting account and if you are able to get - an account with IG Index where Mark does the tunnel trading. If you are not able to get an account there I think only BetOnMarkets could partly help to convert his ideas. With some advantages (like longer time frame available) but also one big disadvantage. Prices between opening and expiry of the bet seem not to underly any mathematic rules - means .... it normally will be a win or loose bet cause selling before expiry makes very rarely any sense.
Of course its up to every trader to vary maybe borders, you may make more or less points than Mark does, depending on what prices you will get. Concerning myself I learned a lot in a few days although I'm trading over 30 years in the meantime.
For me it's too early to say if I'll do enough profits to stay with the service - but for sure Mark is worth a try.

Have a good week and good luck with your trades .... and on Sunday I try to sumup my first week a bit.

Kind regards
lasso49

See Guys I told you its worth a try we cant all be wrong. Jakes right u really need to have good access to a the internet whether by PC or Iphone throughout the term of the FTSE 8am-4.30pm. Just picking up on Lasso's comments betonmarkets is for binaries along with IG although through my experience it usely IG, BOM only needed for long term binaries which is rare. The most profitable trades though are the spreadbets which you can trade with any spreadbet u choose. The daily email around 7.55am is very educational as well, so you although you are being lead with the trade there is a small educational value to the service as well, thats my 2 penneth anyway

So if asked do I reccomend Marks Service I would say yes try it I give it 7.5/10

Hi everybody,
as promised - a first short update on week 1.
I did 2 trades - both being winners.
I did not bet the way Mark suggested cause at the moment I have a simple handicap.
I have no account with IG Index. And living in Germany means sending them different documents via mail which takes of course time. Anyway. Mark gives everyday detailed emails and sms - providing his subscribers with his thinking how FTSE will develop and in concrete what he trades if he thinks everything fits. It's short, understandable and gives you good hints how the market should develop. In my case one trade was a tunnel trade where Mark told which barrier he thinks would be touched. I played this scenario at BetOnMarkets with a 7 day Touch Bet and it came true in a few hours giving me 25% profit on that trade. Another idea was markets going up in the morning and I waited for a good entry point to play that scenario with a spread bet that gave me 15 points profit. So of course week 1 was simply superb but could have been a lot better with an account at IG Index. So my recommendation is - if you don't have an account there - open one if you want to follow the service.
Another thing is understanding tunnel bets. With the pdf's Mark did send me after subscription there were questions left. I told him about them and he said I should mail to his support team.
What I got back was a superb pdf which reads like a thriller (you really don't want to stop reading) and shows you what ideas are behind those tunnel bets. You really should understand that - it's worth it and if you don't understand the idea behind this kind of trading you should ask.
What I can tell for sure is that no question will be unanswered. And it's not answered quick - it's answered super quick and never took more than 30 minutes in my cases.
Of course I'm not gonna judge about success of a service after 1 week. Not in good and not in bad. That would be not fair, cause trading should be regarded as a long term investment. But I judge about how serious Mark takes his service and about quality of support. And that's in my opinion outstanding.
Have a nice and relaxing Sunday all - and a good start into a nice and successful week
(with hopefully better news from Japan and our prayers being with all the people there).

Kind regards
Lasso49

I would be interested to hear from any existing members (robjones) to learn if they have an earthlies as to what the p/l on the 'advice' has been for the past couple of weeks?

A weekly review of the trades suggested or advised would be useful but is not provided. Surely a review of the trades is an integral part of a traders life?

My advice at the moment would be a wait and see.

I would also be interested to learn of the financial incentives Trade2Win get for passing on this type of trial offer???

His system is now half price atm, worth subscribing? I've never traded indices but would like to start at some point.

He charges £58pm hardly excessive and u can cancel at any time, I will keep people updated on the coming weeks results

He charges £58pm.....

Not excessive? That's around £700 per year but, of course, I'm small fry.

His system is now half price atm, worth subscribing? I've never traded indices but would like to start at some point.

The returns shown seem to have been fairly stagnant since August 2010, no real growth.

I don't think it is a get rich quick schem by any means but in fairness, the service does get you thinking about different opportunities that might have gone unconsidered.

From a recent email, I was invited to a seminar costing £800. The email also introduces many other 'systems' that are available.

I would suggest the £97 (or whatever the cost is atm) might be put to better use on some decent reading material on trading.

here's a cheaper deal to try out Mark's service on his .co.uk website. i assume i can't post it here so i won't!
Barrie

here's a cheaper deal to try out Mark's service on his .co.uk website. i assume i can't post it here so i won't!
Barrie

Unless the service was totally free, it seems like money down the drain?

He seems more interested in selling a myriad of different tipping services, seminars, pens and commemorative cups than actual trading. Sign up for his seminar £800 and you will get a trial of the BIG CALL!

Typical tipster marketing stuff, have endless layers of tipping services and spin offs.

As posted above, the profits have been flat since August last year.

Todays trade was much more like it:D

No tunnels, bridges, one touches or whatever.

In @ price x, stop at price y, take profit at price z.

Last edited:
Have all the others gone skint?

Today's trade seemed kamikaze in nature tbh!

Seems to be getting desperate for members at the moment, offering two free months for every member existing members introduce!

My last post on the subject as it appears others have fallen by the wayside / lost interest/ money??

AVOID at all costs would be the conclusion.

He comes across as knowing something about TA and such but his messages are often vague, one person could interpret the message as a winner someone else see it as a losing trade. Sometimes you will receive an sms other times just an email.

He seemingly relies on the charting provided by IGIndex, would this be the mo of a top pro trader?

He recommonds a particular spread firm with a £500 bonus that when investigated would be virtually impossible to collect. Never once mentioned using the spread firm for placing any of the trades.

Fortunately I never risked any money on the trades, hopefully others following the trial have not lost too much.

Disclaimer, I have no vested interest in this or any other service, the few weeks I have been receiving the emails might not be long enough to give a true reflection of the overall profile. That said, there have been no discernable profits since August 2010 as far as I can see. The whole setup is geared twowards selling, tipping and kickbacks rather than trading, that much is clear.

The nonesense about the serive being FSA regulated is a load of old pugwash. I will be sending something off to the FSA to determine what exactly is the relationship between A1 tips and Mark Austin. Using the FSA badge to try and provide an aura of respectability seems dubious at the very best.

Very sad for you - JakeUK.
Surprisingly I experienced and still experience the very opposite.
For me it's a lot more than serious - it's excellent - but it would be no big surprise for me if you would offer soon your own service ;-)