Mark Austin FTSE Service

No service ever being offered by me. Only posting the facts.

Post up some of the trades advised over the past few weeks and let people decide for themselves if the service is so good:idea:

Very sad for you - JakeUK.
Surprisingly I experienced and still experience the very opposite.
For me it's a lot more than serious - it's excellent - but it would be no big surprise for me if you would offer soon your own service ;-)

Out of interest, you have no problem knowing that having joined one of his services, for a little bit more money you can join one of his even better services? Typical tipster carry on, many different levels of tipping service and all the ancillary add ons.

Hi JakeUK,
concerning the service I took the partner offer which I got via T2W mail.
I did not hear about additional or better services but I'm very satisfied with what I got so far.
So far means judging finally after just some weeks makes not a lot of sense cause every trader has good and bad runs. Fortunately mine was very good concerning the service. Of course I can give you the examples I traded with some words afterwards:
- 09/03 Mark suggested a Touch Bet at BOM; I lowered the risk by lower barrier and the bet being valid a bit longer, Profit: 24.9 percent on the first day
- 11/03 Marks expectation was the market to go down - I did a spread bet => 15 points profit
- 15/03 Mark suggested a Touch Bet at BOM; I lowered the risk by lower barrier and the bet being valid a bit longer, Profit: 160.6 percent after 6 days
- 29/03 Marks expectation was the market to go down - I did a spread bet => 5 points profit
- 31/03 Marks expectation was the market to go down - I did a spread bet => 5 points profit
Remarks:
Not all of the bets were official bets. I read the daily mail in the morning and make up my opinion to trade his opinion or not. Often he has so called magnet targets which I follow using spread bets but close if I'm in profit and the market begins to move against me. Or I put my S/L higher to safe profits. Mark also has sometimes tunnel bets at IG Index. My problem there is / was I had no account with them. I tried to open one but they did not manage to open it although I did provide them with everything they wanted. Thats now almost 4 weeks without any result. In the meantime I found out that IG Markets offers the same products and opening an account there was done in 24 hours with great online suppport and via free call phone number. Before I had that account Mark had a tunnel bet on which was profitable and the scenarios when he takes one make sense. He normally sells tunnels if he expects high volatility - so he did last Friday with NFP data being released plus being 1st trading day of the month. Fortunately my account at IG Market was opened on Thursday so I thought about his tunnel idea. He normally looks for -65 / +65 tunnels and I took it again a bit safer choosing a -55 / +55 tunnel which did cost me 40 in the morning. A few hours later it expired getting me a profit of over 100 percent (expiring means going up to 100 if you win your bet).
This was again no official bet again cause obviously Mark was looking for a better price. I decided the offered price was good enough for me to risk the bet and of course was very glad about that.
So for me its not only following strictly but building my opinion and trading ideas with his market view as basis. That means I can only speak for myself and how I handle his service. I'm very satisfied also with questions coming up I had. Mark personally or his service answered them super quick and in a very understandable way. So I'm very pleased and stay with the service. My period to get cashback for 1st month (that was part of the offer I took) is over and I stay for the additional two months I've paid already (as 3 months offer at that time). I'll keep you up with my success or losses and of course I would have wished for you to have the same experience. Btw - on every official trade I got a sms with opening details, partly closing and finally closing the trade.
I hoped that helped a bit to see how it works for me and how I handle it.
Today for example Mark said he thinks its not wise to buy cause market is overbought.
He had a resistance level which I tried to catch to go short with a spread bet. I should have been a bit less greedy to cash in some points again - but this was also no official bet .... just thoughts about how the market will develop. So for me its a fantastic basis to think about spread bets, bets at BOM or now tunnels at IG Markets.
And btw as a final remark - I agree with your opinion and the Spread Betting Company with the great welcome offer. I googled for fun - but I'm happy since years with Capital Spreads. So no need to change my spread betting provider.

I am genuinely pleased you are making money from the service.

Interesting that you never received an invitation to attend his seminar and also to join the BIG CALL service and various other services and products.

It does sound as though you don't really need his advice?

This was again no official bet again cause obviously Mark was looking for a better price. I decided the offered price was good enough for me to risk the bet and of course was very glad about that.

Did take up the offer of £500 matched deposit by opening an account with his advised spread firm?

Anyway, good luck with your trading, this little dabble with stock market tipsters has taught me it isn't for me. I would much prefer reading the stacks of information on this and other message boards and continuing my own studies.

gl and happy trading.

Hi JakeUK,
just some remarks about your answers / remarks which I copy to make it easier for everybody who reads:

- "Interesting that you never received an invitation to attend his seminar and also to join the BIG CALL service and various other services and products."

Maybe those offers will come in the future - till now there was nothing like that.
On the other hand I don't think I would take them cause the service I have now is exactly what I was looking for. And concerning the price of the service it's at the roof of what I can afford to pay. I'm not a heavy trader, so I have to look to see a nice profit after deduction of the costs for the service. Seems like this could work - at least it did in my first weeks.

- "t does sound as though you don't really need his advice?"

I know about all basics of trading I'd say - like never work without S/L, try to safe profits as soon as it makes sense by using trailing stops, put my stop maybe up to next resistance level or whatever and let a good trade run. I use money management as well to keep my trading capital alive.
What I mostly don't have is a good nose in which way the market will move. Very often it moves exactly the way I did not expect and often I think market movements and looking at things rational are completely different things. I see myself thinking the market is against me. Especially if I was stopped out with just a peak and the market turns again in the direction I had. But I guess I'm not the only trader that made and makes experiences like this.
So if I try to think rational about it I could almost bet on for sure the market gives me the next lesson proving me I'm an idiot. Thats the point where Mark surprises me with his predictions. He has somehow another approach - one example being Elliot Waves - but to be honest I know about them (as a part of trading) but could never use them myself. I guess it would be the same like trying to understand why the market did again the opposite of what I expected. Or to make it short.
Marks daily view gives me the basis for my plan to trade the FTSE. And it seems I've finally found what I was looking for.

- "Did take up the offer of £500 matched deposit by opening an account with his advised spread firm?"

Clear NO - what I googled did not sound serious enough for me. And very often - I call it Bonus Hunting (like with Sports Betting Companies) - is not the best idea. Especially if you go deeper to see what you have to fullfill to finally be able to cash out (like rollovers as one example).

- " Anyway, good luck with your trading, this little dabble with stock market tipsters has taught me it isn't for me. I would much prefer reading the stacks of information on this and other message boards and continuing my own studies."

Thanks a lot JakeUK, I understand your point of view and one nice thing about trading is you never stop to learn .... and you should not if you want to be successful in the long run.

- "gl and happy trading. "

Same to you and to everybody reading :)

@ anley
I'd love if I would be - could maybe be a nice second income.
But I am not. I'm not more and not less than an at the moment satisfied customer of his service.
If that changes I gonna quit after my three months period cause as I said costs of the service are top roof of what I can afford to pay - and - btw - as marketing manager I'd say his service is worth a lot more but he can keep it that cheap due to thousands of satisfied customers. Got me???
And how about your experience?

Lasso

1) How do you know he's got 'thousands of satisfied customers'

2) I very much doubt he has because if so there will be thousands of orders at the same price so it's impossible for them not to move the market and/or all get filled. Plus, with so many subscribers it would be impossible to make money as they's all be defeated by their own orders.

So no, I don't get you because you're making no sense at all if you think about what you're saying.

Last edited:
@ anley
I guess reading is not your best side.
I said:
"as marketing manager I'd say his service is worth a lot more but he can keep it that cheap due to thousands of satisfied customers."
Did I say that??
NO!!!
I said his service is top roof to what I can afford.
If you then don't understand what I try to tell you ..... then I'm sorry.
But I would ask you kindly not tell people here I'm Mark Austins marketing manager.
Maybe you got that.

How are you getting on with the service, Lasso?

I have to confess his latest trade advice was unusual? Not the one to short the FTSE today, the BOM FTSE to touch 5850 during the past seven days. Looking at the charts, the FTSE would have had to fall through some pretty well defined support levels to reach 5850? The guys setting these targets at BOM are not going to be mugs and chose 5850 for good reason.

Was the move towards 5850 a correction or a reaction to the S&P downgrade to the US outlook?

I stand corrected if anyone has accurate figures but anyone following his actual TRADE advises would be well out of pocket?

He claimed he will make 1,000 points for subscribers this year, nearly into May and he has the best part of 1,000 points to go!!

When losing a few points on the spread and 'trading opportunities' not actual 'trades' like todays with a potential upside of 28 points and a downside of 24 points don't seem that brilliant to me, particularly when the advised 'trades' are losing money?

I hear Goldman Sachs are considering Mark's service. At £57pm, what a bargain. Apparently he is all they are talking about because:

1. He "lives on the beautiful island of Koh Samui." And then he puts a picture of a sunny beach. Why would he do this???

2. One of his "testimonials" says: "Your service is just AWESOME!!!" (I reckon this one swung it)

3. He has no record of proven results or statements.

Sounds like a winner.

ps. does anyone know which universtiy he went to and which institutions he has worked for?

thanks.

2. One of his "testimonials" says: "Your service is just AWESOME!!!" (I reckon this one swung it)

Whenever I'm feeling down and need to put a smile on my face I click on the internet, go to a few get-rich-quick-and-easy marketing websites, could be selling anything, but trading is always a good sector.

Then I read the testimonials from for example, Barry in London or Paul in New York and they always put a smile on my face.

What sort of money would it be possible to get on the binary type markets with igindex etc?

The times I have looked, the price on the recommended binary bets has moved approx 10 points in the few minutes after the email arrives. Not suggesting it happens but it could provide a tidy few quid for any tipster so inclined to benefit in this manner, depending on the q above on how much they could get on...

How are you getting on with the service, Lasso?

"HI JakeUK,

April so far was a simply lousy month with almost no real recommendations - besides the Touch Bet you mention below. I had this bet also but did choose a few days longer(till 21st April to be exact). Despite of all these barriers in the way FTSE went down on 18 April to 5858,32 which also was the day low. I saw next morning in the early trading hours that I could have sold my bet at bom at a small profit but thought - with a few days left 5.850 could be hit. We know the story - it did not and markets are in a big uptrend at the moment. So - on one hand I was too greedy to take my small profit - on the other hand Mark did not recommend to sell the bet before expiry. "

I have to confess his latest trade advice was unusual? Not the one to short the FTSE today, the BOM FTSE to touch 5850 during the past seven days. Looking at the charts, the FTSE would have had to fall through some pretty well defined support levels to reach 5850? The guys setting these targets at BOM are not going to be mugs and chose 5850 for good reason.

"Jake - at BOM you should be able to create your own barriers and duration of the bet. So in my case I took the 5850 but did choose longer duration till expiry."

Was the move towards 5850 a correction or a reaction to the S&P downgrade to the US outlook?

"I think it was a reaction to the downgrade."

I stand corrected if anyone has accurate figures but anyone following his actual TRADE advises would be well out of pocket?

He claimed he will make 1,000 points for subscribers this year, nearly into May and he has the best part of 1,000 points to go!!

"I doubt 1,000 points are reachable but as explained in earlier posts I play at my point of view often taking his forecast as basis for a trade or not. "

When losing a few points on the spread and 'trading opportunities' not actual 'trades' like todays with a potential upside of 28 points and a downside of 24 points don't seem that brilliant to me, particularly when the advised 'trades' are losing money?

"Imo the best possibilities to earn money are times when he is suggesting to sell Tunnels at IG Index. Those bets are normally low risk with high profits if correct. I think I'm personally at about halftime with my 3 months subscription. If I take half of the price I paid and put my winnings against it I'm in profit. Not much but a bit with the stakes I can afford. But if it would stay this way I would cancel the subscription cause it makes no sense to pay a high price to grind out a little for yourself. But of course that also depends on what you can afford or not (concerning the price of subscription and the staking you can afford). For myself I'm hoping for a better second half of my subscription with more bets that hit the target.

Hope that helped a bit and will sum up before the end again."

Fair play for your lengthy reply, Lasso.

Obviously hindsight is fairly useful with the markets!! Did you find today's trade rather strange? From memory this is only the second or third time he has advised a long or short of the FTSE since the trial started, all losers (confirmation anyone?).

I think anyone who had followed his trade advises to the letter since the membership offer from trade2win would be losing money by now. Hopefully you side stepped today's advise.

Hi JakeUK,
today I think I was luckier than those who followed - although I did also.
I placed an order and as FTSE went up afterwards I cancelled it some minutes later.
The next time I looked FTSE was pretty close to 6070 so I ordered the long with recommended S/L at 6047. In the meantime I placed the S/L to have at least 5 points profit. So in this case I was just a lucky punch. But one point I don't see at the moment is the gap Mark wants to see filled. Since days we are simply in a strong uptrend with some sideway days at little margins. And I don't think concerning my own experience its healthy in the long run to bet against the trend. Or in other words:
The trend is your friend.
Maybe we see this gap filled in the future - maybe even this week if markets go crazy with decisions in the States to show up later. But I don't expect surprises from this side. Interest rates should stay low and Q3 will follow Q2. If not ...... well I guess then Mark gets the gap filled pretty quickly.
So that's to watch in the evening to maybe cash in a bit on the DOW.

HI all. just noticed the T2W promo to try out Mark's Service for £4.99 - I know mark so can answer any questions on this. hope this is allowed as it came from T2W http://thebinarytrader.com/t2w.html

I don't think anyone ever got a £52 discount for a month trial to his service. Mark respects T2W and its huge board of members, so hey, give it a try.

Last edited:
Reading the details it seems the trial doesn't include the magnet system trades, just the analysis emails, is this correct ?

Just to update you on my final opinion.
I did quit after my 3 months period. The first month was simply great, but the following two were lousy. Not much official bets and those who were mostly did not cash in. In my 3 months I got magnet targets - I dont know what trial you took pb8856.
In the end I learned a lot anyway - especially about Tunnel Trading and I hope this knowledge will help me in the future to cash in some bets again.
Wish you all good luck for your trading and see you again in one or another thread.

Well - MA posted saying didn't think FTSE would get to 5960 before going to 5862

Well it's climbed overnight to 5958 ish......So now along way away from the 5862 Magnet

Hummmmmmm