Man group plc

..............There's no indication it won't make new lows. .............

sure, that's why i'm still short biased and my next trade will likely be short, at least to test lows, unless it just keeps going through 78 without stopping. won't trade across the results though.

i sometimes check the London south east board, its full of moronic statement's such as the company RRL
share price has fallen 50% in 4 month's yet they are sure its going to pop at any moment, its more of a hit and hope board than actually looking at thing's properly.

There could also be planted stooges. There are quite a few for EMG. Catching fish takes a little baiting sometimes.

When gmg went down, it hit like 0.6p a share, so a few bought load's it popped to 3.70p then went into admin and loads of people wondered why they lost thousand's, meanwhile people kept saying what a great buy it was..

Infact if you read the post's on there IM LOOKING FOR 1.50 a share Gonna get this epic dividend!!!, We've been upgraded by a broker?!?!?!!?

sure, that's why i'm still short biased and my next trade will likely be short, at least to test lows, unless it just keeps going through 78 without stopping. won't trade across the results though.

Interesting seeing your technique. I briefly suspected, like the hare, you were using MA cross over.

When gmg went down, it hit like 0.6p a share, so a few bought load's it popped to 3.70p then went into admin and loads of people wondered why they lost thousand's, meanwhile people kept saying what a great buy it was..

EMG is probably not quite in the same league. Bottom fishing is legit if done correctly. Arbitrarily picking a level as the bottom would be extremely unwise. I see a lower bottom coming up, though.

Infact if you read the post's on there IM LOOKING FOR 1.50 a share Gonna get this epic dividend!!!, We've been upgraded by a broker?!?!?!!?

Their first buy would've been @ £2.50 then again @ £2 then again £1.50 and so on until funds run out or they go 'all in' leveraged up to their eyebrows.

Last edited:
Interesting seeing your technique. I briefly suspected, like the hare, you were using MA cross over.

I really must try these mystical ma crosses, they sound very lulzy.

do you think they'd be better than my current random entry ? How would you suggest that I measure the improvement (if any) ?

Jesse Livermore was a speculator not an investor.

Actually think he was both seem to remember in one of his books he set up a very healthy portfolio for his wife which did well but I agree he was mainly a speculator.

Anyway I find many of his principles work for investing, adding to winners and getting rid of losers is not a bad stratergy in my experience.

Shame he never learnt how to keep money and ended up broke and commiting suicide but thats for another day.

:(

I think he was more of an addict really, he was hooked on the market, he could never really escape it even when he was rich enough the market kept calling

Yes I think you might be right there and the whole being locked in a room in complete silence thing is a bit wierd too.

Amazing story though and so many of his observations about the market are spot on even today.

As someone said he learnt how to make money but not how to keep it.

He would have been better to reduce his risk after his big wins but that was not his style he was an all in merchant and that eventually was his downfall.

Yes I think you might be right there and the whole being locked in a room in complete silence thing is a bit wierd too.

I don't think it's weird at all. I like to trade under the same conditions even though at times I do go online.

Amazing story though and so many of his observations about the market are spot on even today.

Yes, that's because what he said is absolutely true. "There is nothing new in Wall Street. There can't be, because speculation is as old as the hills. Whatever happens in the stock market today has happened before and will happen again."

People talk about HFT and what not...cracks me up...:LOL:

I see one of the others on his list in an earlier post is Barclays - I suppose we can't discuss that either without everyone getting hot and bothered.

A share is never too low to begin selling, J livermore
:D

I am beginning to feel a bit guilty right now.

I bought some Barclays the other day, just because I thought it looked so cheap and thought the reaction was an overreaction. I am a trend follower, so it goes against my philosophy in a big way??

Last edited:

I bought some Barclays the other day, just because I thought it looked so cheap and thought the reaction was an overreaction. I am a trend follower, so it goes against my philosophy in a big way??

Just average down. The share looks to be going lower. There is only one way to learn and that's to do it and pay for the tuition.

No idea on Barclays but I know one thing, If I added to every share I bought that went up and sold the ones that went down I would be a lot wealthier now!

The one thing i always took from the book was when he said, when a price is going to the nearest .00 it will always go further through that way.if you look its generally true, it rarely goes to .01/.99 and then goes back the way it came it will always go a few further.

Man ahead of the game in Asia.

GLG Partners Inc., a unit of the world’s largest publicly traded hedge fund manager, formed a long-short equities team in Asia co-headed by a former fund manager at Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, seeking opportunities in the region’s stock market.

The team based in Hong Kong will be led by David Mercurio, who joined the London-based unit of Man Group Plc (EMG) as the head of Asia equity and co-head of its global equity strategies from Government of Singapore Investment Corp. in September, according to an e-mailed statement from GLG. Ben Freischmidt, former co- founder of Singapore-based hedge fund LionRock Capital Pte, will also head the team, according to the statement.

The one thing i always took from the book was when he said, when a price is going to the nearest .00 it will always go further through that way.if you look its generally true, it rarely goes to .01/.99 and then goes back the way it came it will always go a few further.

If you are referring to what Jesse Livermore said it's very important to note that he included "for the first time".

"I think I have told you it has been my experience that whenever a stock crosses 100 or 200 or 300 for the first time, it nearly always keeps going up for 30 to 50 points and after 300 faster than after 100 or 200."