Man group plc

Man ahead of the game in Asia.

GLG Partners Inc., a unit of the world’s largest publicly traded hedge fund manager, formed a long-short equities team in Asia co-headed by a former fund manager at Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, seeking opportunities in the region’s stock market.

The team based in Hong Kong will be led by David Mercurio, who joined the London-based unit of Man Group Plc (EMG) as the head of Asia equity and co-head of its global equity strategies from Government of Singapore Investment Corp. in September, according to an e-mailed statement from GLG. Ben Freischmidt, former co- founder of Singapore-based hedge fund LionRock Capital Pte, will also head the team, according to the statement.

The market doesn't care about GLG. They care about AHL where most of EMG's profit comes from. With AHL not ahead of the game, EMG is going down the dumps.

Then that shows how wrong and short sighted the markets and some traders can be , if they cared to take the trouble to find out a little more about emg then thay would realise that emg is diversifying into other areas of investment so that it has a number of other income streams to cope with the changing state of world affairs and the only reason that AHL hasn't performed as well as it did in the last down turn is because of the interference by politicians who try to lull the masses into thinking things are better than they are by printing more money or QE which cant continue for ever and then we shall see trends for AHL to latch onto and perfom well again.

Then that shows how wrong and short sighted the markets and some traders can be , if they cared to take the trouble to find out a little more about emg then thay would realise that emg is diversifying into other areas of investment so that it has a number of other income streams to cope with the changing state of world affairs and the only reason that AHL hasn't performed as well as it did in the last down turn is because of the interference by politicians who try to lull the masses into thinking things are better than they are by printing more money or QE which cant continue for ever and then we shall see trends for AHL to latch onto and perfom well again.

One thing we know for sure is the market is more often right than wrong. Those who disagree with the market will loose.

I was trying to be diplomatic. He could have real life savings involved. Loose is less shocking, like loosing the purse strings and letting a coin or two fall out, instead of losing your pension money.

I was trying to be diplomatic. He could have real life savings involved. Loose is less shocking, like loosing the purse strings and letting a coin or two fall out, instead of losing your pension money.

Oh I see, You were worried that he might lose control of his bowels and have an unexpected loose movement, very thougthful of you.

Oh I see, You were worried that he might lose control of his bowels and have an unexpected loose movement, very thougthful of you.

Never bet against the market, I tell ya. It saves you from all kinds of loosing. The worst thing to happen is to actually win on a gamble. It will result in a far bigger loose on the next bet.

bloomberg quoted in a story this morning euro going down 1.15e vs the $ wow emg ahl will need swiss bank accounts to hoard the profits if it does go that way.
and hey you lot why you hijacked my threads.post ect,your comments have nothing to do with my original post get outa here please.

psssssssssssssssssstttttttttttttt

pfd

premier foods on lse boards angel delight sold hmmmm?

tippy tippy top up time

Please listen to BBCi Radio 4 Today 0615am for Thursday 19/07/12 Interview with Mr Paul Moore, he was the compliance director at HBOS and got sacked for telling the board that they were not complying with the regulations, He has applied for the top job at Barclays, I hope he is appointed he will sort out some of the spivs and slick traders that work there!

The Motely Fool just published this positive nugget :- Man Group (LSE: EMG.L - news) Tuesday will bring us interim figures from hedge fund manager Man Group , which has seen its shares severely punished over the past couple of years -- they're down 78% to today's 68.7p -- since its flagship AHL fund has failed to deliver. Wait, am I really flagging this one up as an investment opportunity? Well, it's a big risk, but it surely will bottom out and head upwards again at some time -- with a market cap of £1.3bn, and with £38bn under management, it's not going to just disappear. And forecasts for 2013 are actually positive -- even if the currently mooted 20% dividend is perhaps not sustainable

The Motely Fool just published this positive nugget :- Man Group (LSE: EMG.L - news) Tuesday will bring us interim figures from hedge fund manager Man Group , which has seen its shares severely punished over the past couple of years -- they're down 78% to today's 68.7p -- since its flagship AHL fund has failed to deliver. Wait, am I really flagging this one up as an investment opportunity? Well, it's a big risk, but it surely will bottom out and head upwards again at some time -- with a market cap of £1.3bn, and with £38bn under management, it's not going to just disappear. And forecasts for 2013 are actually positive -- even if the currently mooted 20% dividend is perhaps not sustainable

How exactly is this positive ? Man was managing 61 billion at the beginning of this thread not more than a couple of weeks ago. Now they are managing 38 billion. This is called positive ? The clowns pumping this stock need to stop.

A member here told me once; "Catching knives is bad for your hands, but on the plus side, you won't have any fingers left to pick bottoms."

A member here told me once; "Catching knives is bad for your hands, but on the plus side, you won't have any fingers left to pick bottoms."

Just practice washing hands after picking bottoms. Then the injured fingers won't be infected.

I think you must appreciate how current affairs have changed since the start of the thread and it is not just emg but many other funds that have dropped in FUM and the figure of 38 billion whilst not being small in itself does not take into account the recent acquistion of FRM , I appreciate it might be hard to admit and thus not tie in with some traders and JPM shorting strategy that emg will recover as will many other stocks, but sadly at the moment the markets are not being driven by real investors with a long term view but by short term traders with less ethics than a boiler room scammer who really would be better down the local bookies, So if Motely fool which has been around for a very long time wants to point out an opportunity for real investors which in turn will help drive the share price up and the dividend then that is no bad thing in these troubled times!

but sadly at the moment the markets are not being driven by real investors with a long term view but by short term traders with less ethics than a boiler room scammer who really would be better down the local bookies

Your evidence is where ?

I think you must appreciate how current affairs have changed since the start of the thread and it is not just emg but many other funds that have dropped in FUM and the figure of 38 billion whilst not being small in itself does not take into account the recent acquistion of FRM , I appreciate it might be hard to admit and thus not tie in with some traders and JPM shorting strategy that emg will recover as will many other stocks, but sadly at the moment the markets are not being driven by real investors with a long term view but by short term traders with less ethics than a boiler room scammer who really would be better down the local bookies, So if Motely fool which has been around for a very long time wants to point out an opportunity for real investors which in turn will help drive the share price up and the dividend then that is no bad thing in these troubled times!

Attachments

• tosh.jpg
    tosh.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 243
My evidence is seeing what goes on every day with the market makers stamping their feet and as to the ethics of the city and some of the brokers of which I have had first hand experience of dealing with and their sharp practice they are no better than boiler room scammers and as to the reliability and ethics of JPM they have been driving the markets to suit themselves ever since the great depression with no more ethics than to get rich at any cost and it should be remember that it was American banks that repackaged toxic debt then got it rated by American rating agencies AAA and then sold it to european banks .
Have a listen to BBCI player for Radio 4 Thursday 19/07/2012 0615 am Mr Paul Moore sums up the ethics of the city very well, you really should listen to it as he speaks so much sense and truth, of course that won't suit some in the city!