Man group plc

Just for the record I am long with Man Group from 69.32.

Please note I am not ramming :)

Anyone who would (or could) invest in anything should always do their own due diligence first and ignore posts like mine - I'm no Warren Buffett but even if I were we humans don't get it right all the time. If this one loses then so be it, I lose money - I'm not all in so I'll move on. If it pays then great, I won't brag about it either and you won't hear from me on the subject. But, the same with all types of investments (and even scalps) they won't immediately go in your favour and like most trades most of the time, I have to carry some weight and wait for the rewards (or loss of course).

Lee Shepherd

Ditto. As I said I got stung at 220ish. Lucky I didn't f*ck with my stop lol.

hi again i have no emg man group shares at £2+ i bought between 62-63p,not ramping just realise what a low sp this is is my friends,226k i hold,thinking of a further top up i think today around 12.30pm this is the time trading picks up it will indicate if ahl is rising or not i think its going to be around at least 1.15% up should add another 0.43 to todays close.

by the way this stock should never have got relegated from the ftse 100,its going to reinstated in a few months back,to be fair ive been on other forums this morning and how negative the views on here are go to london south east forum theres so much positive thoughts there,i smell that some on here may be holding emg at a good higher price than the sp at he minute.

any way keep your eyes ears to the rns 24th july and remember what sp price was available,it makes sense emg are being managed wrongly but theve took this on board and made changes that will get us back in ftse 100 next few months.
and what a gifted horse in china hedge funds open to china we got 25% in that region already,imagin this set up costs to entrants emplying redploying staff man group already there and set up,1.2 billion is peanuts for this company its a crazy sp in my view,the potential for rebuilding and moving forward will bring great profits,and 14p dividend makes the stock a 80p price on one stroke

thelistener

Why did MAN get the boot???....
LSE is full of dreamers! dreaming of the day (tomorrow) the share price is at £5.00 and they rake in a 10% div. I'm not de-ramping (a punter off here is hardly going to shift the price with a 10 pence a point short on their IG limited risk account) just being realistic as there are so many dreamers who talk utter horse**** and have no idea what's going to happen and therefore have no right to view a share price in a positive manner.

just being realistic as there are so many dreamers who talk utter horse**** and have no idea what's going to happen and therefore have no right to view a share price in a positive manner.

Especially with a f*cking fund of hedge funds. I have no idea what I was thinking at the time.

they got the boot because the worlds stock markets got no direction for months trading in everything from bannas to to the elite dow/ftse/ ect stocks took a pasting,true a hedge fund does not respond over night to trading patterns but at oxford the number crunchers really starting to tweak the algorithms,this will improve our computer driven trades to improve.

what ever your my opinion man group is just too oversold and at 64p ish,and i already stated im a buyer of beat up stocks,i will be there with man group when there back on top minimum 3-5 years my outlook, cheers

britishbulls website, siting a strong buy recommendation fellas

Hi thelistener,

Great name, I think you should listen more to your writing than your spur of the moment thoughts and individual web sites with the intention of possibly pushing stock. Although I agree with you in respect to the outlook of the equity, you have to remember that we can be wrong, the markets can be wrong, brokers and hedge funds can be wrong....so, therefore, Place your bet, keep to your stop loss (negative/realistic downside) and adhere to your exit (positive outlook). Either way you will win or lose from this stock.

One thing that does baffle me though, if you are looking for 3 to 5 years hold then why are you concerned about small insignificant daily movements??

A stock like this (as with many others) could rise or fall 20%....50%...100% within months. Its just my opinion but 3 to 5 years could very well be a lengthy cycle that you could have profited from many times over rather than buy and hold. Either way I respect your time frame.....I guess we'll see you in around 3 to 5 years or so with a reco for some other stock.

all the best,

Lee Shepherd

britishbulls website, siting a strong buy recommendation fellas

Never heard of them. Are we a bit desperate to anchor ourselves to this buy, or that buy recommendation ? If their recommendations are so good, why haven't they made you rich already ? In fact why didn't they make themselves rich ?

You said elsewhere it's a punt. Punts can go against you as well as for you. Do you have an exit strategy if it goes to 30p on the results ? The AHL's performance has been dismal and negative so far this year. With that not turning around, the risk is on the down side. The market was correct to dump it.

EMG is at a bargain price now and will come good, it's just that markets lack any direction and are driven by panic at the moment, so AHL can't latch onto trends, emg Strong Buy!

EMG is at a bargain price now and will come good, it's just that markets lack any direction and are driven by panic at the moment, so AHL can't latch onto trends, emg Strong Buy!

The market is moving side ways. No sign of panic. The only panic is in emg, where people were dumping it non-stop. Here's a comparative chart for you, ftse against emg.

140714d1342184521-man-group-plc-emg.jpg

Attachments

• emg.jpg
    emg.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 787
Last edited:
As it's a fund of hedge funds I think MAN share price will be affected by investors pulling out of the HFs which will obviously impact on HFs achievable returns and therefore MAN perceived future dividend income which is used to price. S'all a bit more complex than your usual volatility/ dump some assets and distribute profits equity play.

Man in the FTSE 100, really?

oops, sorry. I trade FTSE100 shares, but Man still in my stable since it's generally moved nicely for me and my retracement strategy all the way up and all the way down

oops, sorry. I trade FTSE100 shares, but Man still in my stable since it's generally moved nicely for me and my retracement strategy all the way up and all the way down

You must be trading a 30 year up down cycle or something. Yahoo doesn't go that far back for me to see when it was this much down. Good warrent buffet strategy you got there. But the OP is looking for a pay day this month.

So what is your view on the up coming result of emg ? Will the price go up or down ? Also why would you charge in when there is no clear indication where the bottom is, or do you use the recent increased volume as the sign ?

You must be trading a 30 year up down cycle or something. Yahoo doesn't go that far back for me to see when it was this much down. Good warrent buffet strategy you got there. But the OP is looking for a pay day this month.

So what is your view on the up coming result of emg ? Will the price go up or down ? Also why would you charge in when there is no clear indication where the bottom is, or do you use the recent increased volume as the sign ?

:LOL: no just my 3+ bar retracement thing. man moved nicely on the way up and apart from six months or so of dodging about, equally well on the way down.

couldn't care much about the results - i'm still short biased 'til 78 goes. only then will I start taking longs on retracements. all assuming it does't make new lows of course.

the london south east boys on there forum aint happy with some off your views guys

26 guests, guess they're not!
Whatever are they going to be like if MAN hits JP Morgans target price!
Must join up on LSE should be fun.
As you know I'm long too I just don't subscribe to the '£2.00 on results day' groupies harping on like it's a certainty that Man will still be here next year let alone trading at some pie in the sky price. That said, in 12 months time could actually be trading at £2.00:LOL: Lets hope so.

:LOL: no just my 3+ bar retracement thing. man moved nicely on the way up and apart from six months or so of dodging about, equally well on the way down.

couldn't care much about the results - i'm still short biased 'til 78 goes. only then will I start taking longs on retracements. all assuming it does't make new lows of course.

There's no indication it won't make new lows. The fact they are pumping suggests to me they are looking to smack down to newer lows. 30p will be enough for them to catch all the fish getting caught in the barrel.

the london south east boys on there forum aint happy with some off your views guys

Will they send round the heavies ? Are these london south east boys rich per chance, since you are following them ?

i sometimes check the London south east board, its full of moronic statement's such as the company RRL
share price has fallen 50% in 4 month's yet they are sure its going to pop at any moment, its more of a hit and hope board than actually looking at thing's properly.