Malcolm Robinson

He wrote 'how to read the depth of market' thread on here somewhere.

Malcolm's e-book provides a sound introduction to futures trading & features some interesting tactics & ideas, however, judging from some of your posts on this site, you would probably find that it adds little to your trading.

Kevin - PM me if you wish to discuss further or require a more detailed synopsis.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your responses - I first found him on the hardrightedge and he had produced a critical account of how he started and nearly failed. He put me onto the path of better risk management. Since then I have discovered the likes of Piper and Douglas and considering the new Elder book. I think with those I am more than covered.

I got an advertisement about his e-book which always costs more anyway and was considering how reliable it might be. There are so many on offer where its all about so called traders but they seem to do more seminars than trade. Obviously I am not suggesting this is the case with Robinson and was looking for clarification that he was one and the same from Hartrightedge who is alright.

Simon thank you for your frank assessment it may well be surplus to my requirements now that I have the others just wanted confirmation or market research. LOL

Kevin

Must say i have Malcolm Robinsons e- book and the vidio.
The HI/LOW trading strategy i find to be very good and am paper
trading thia at moment with some very good results. The vidio is interesting to watch these setups as they happen. There is also a trading simulator for practise before using hard earned money.

Geoffrey

Thanks for reply it' s something I may consider always looking for a better edge. Currently going through Piper, Douglas and Elder so will have to wait for now.

Kevin

Hi Kevin

I just wanted to thank you for posting your link to John Piper's www.the-way-to-trade.com site. I ordered it and it is one extremely influential book. It will change the way I trade completely - for the better.

We have some excellent traders on here don't we? Has anyone else read the way to trade? What do you think?

Thank you again.

Michelle
xx

The Way to Trade

Shell / Kevin,
Please could either or both of you provide an unbiased critique of Pipers' The way to Trade. Having just read the thread about JohnB's course and accusations of hype, I have to say that I'm very sceptical about the claims made about this book. Are either of you honestly able to say that your trading has improved as a direct result of reading it? Like everyone, I want to believe the promotional hype and, in the past, have forked out my hard earned cash. Sadly, I've always regreted it! Claims like (to paraphrase) "Trading sectrets you won't find anywhere else" set alarm bells ringing. It's hard to believe that these 'secrets' have eluded all of T2W's 4,000 members! I look forward to your comments.
Tim

Hi Tim,

I have read Pipers book and highly reccommend it along with Mark Douglas - The Disciplined Trader. I think these books are essential for the evolution of a trader(IMHO). They will take you through the cloudy mist of your early trading experiences to be a born again trader.

Good Luck

Michelle, I have read Mark Douglas- but find it incredibly tedious and hard going( but that could be a reflection upon me, rather than Douglas!)
In 15 years of reading these "trade" books, then only 2 that I have ever found any use are "market wizards" ( and presumeably John Train's "money masters" which I've never read) and the most useful of the lot for me in 25 years of trading has been " reminenscences of a stock operator" - These were the 2 books I alwasy insisted my trainees read!

Wayno

Wayno:

Oh, it's such a relief - someone else has found Mark Douglas incredibly tedious! I thought I was the only one. :D

Reminiscences of a Stock Operator is pure bliss.

Re: The Way to Trade

timsk said:
Shell / Kevin,
Please could either or both of you provide an unbiased critique of Pipers' The way to Trade. Having just read the thread about JohnB's course and accusations of hype, I have to say that I'm very sceptical about the claims made about this book. Are either of you honestly able to say that your trading has improved as a direct result of reading it? Like everyone, I want to believe the promotional hype and, in the past, have forked out my hard earned cash. Sadly, I've always regreted it! Claims like (to paraphrase) "Trading sectrets you won't find anywhere else" set alarm bells ringing. It's hard to believe that these 'secrets' have eluded all of T2W's 4,000 members! I look forward to your comments.
Tim

Tim, I got Pipers book 3/4 years ago { I think that it was a free gift with a subscription to his fortnightly market report } The book is not the best I've ever read but I thought it worthwhile and if you're serious about trading then "wasting" a few pounds on it should'nt be a problem. One thing that I do not like about Piper's method is his options trading, if you are new to trading then avoid it at all costs.

I recently bought Malcolm's e-book and am quite impressed, going through the paper trading stage at the moment. Is anyone actively trading this at the moment and on what markets?

The e-book looks interesting but I don't want to fork out $97 for information that I might already have. That's what I like about real books, you can flick through them and see if the information is useful before parting with the cash.

An e-book virtual library would be a good idea. If 100 people put in £5 we could purchase a list of these e-books and loan them out to people on the list. It wouldn't cost much and we could see if the information is worthwhile.

BB,

I am sure that you cannot just go ahead and legally do that otherwise everyone would. I would have thought that you have to be an official lender to do so. It is not quite the same as lending a book you have to a friend. Maybe others know more on this than I do ?

Paul

BB....you might fall foul of the copyright laws.

I read Malcolms e- book a long time ago and found it useful for a beginning trader. It is a nut and bolts course to get you going.

If you are an experienced successful trader then you may not need this book. I noted a resemblance to Skims thread.

The blurb says that Malcolcolm was a "local" on the Liffe floor and now trades online.

Hope this helps

agree with you there neil.

I bought the cd some time back, got taken in by the 'secrets to consistant profits' rubbish.

Its a very simple high/low pattern to look for but it alone isnt going to make you consistantly profitable.

It is a good starting point for a complete newbie as it teaches the eye to watch the chart, tick by tick.

I found it very susceptable to 'stoprunning'

I am fighting my way thru " Trading in the Zone" by Mark Douglas.

Incredibly tedious and unintelligible which forces me to conclude that it is a heap of s***e

The e-library is just an idea. Perhaps we should have one with contributions from T2W members? I am sure some of the good traders here could write more useful e-books than some of the ones selling at the moment. Wading through threads takes a long time and concise strategies or trading ideas would be great for those just starting or wanting to learn more.