Spread betting courses

Linux_cat

Morning all hope all is well,

I am very new to spread betting and am reading some books namely the financial spread betting hand book (Malcolm Pryor).

I recently attended a knowledgetoaction.co.uk seminar and since am thinking of undertaking their ultimate forex course but im wondering if its worth it?...

you get 2 days class room sessions, then you start making trades on their trading floor with a professional trader 'holding your hand' through the first few trades.

Has anyone been on this course?, is it worth while?

here is a link to their site:

http://www.knowledgetoaction.co.uk/training-programmes/ultimate-forex-profits/

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Pay money and there's a 95% chance you'll be bitterly disappointed. Trouble is you won't realise you've got a bad deal for many months.

Plus, if you do sign up beware for the 'carrot syndrome', ie you'll be fed a certain amount of food but the real stuff, the super-power-mastery-signals will cost you more. Then when you buy that you still won't get the 'real secrets' that will be more money and so on.

Basically you'll be milked like a dumb animal.........

I am very new to spread betting and am reading some books namely the financial spread betting hand book (Malcolm Pryor).

I recently attended a knowledgetoaction.co.uk seminar and since am thinking of undertaking their ultimate forex course but im wondering if its worth it?...

you get 2 days class room sessions, then you start making trades on their trading floor with a professional trader 'holding your hand' through the first few trades.

The Financial Services Authority has issued an alert about them saying they are targeting UK investors. There are also other threads on this site about them. Give me one good reason to give money to a company that the FSA has issued an alert about?

cheers guy, i just read the newbie section and I guess the consistent message is read, research and learn by doing...prepare to lose (which I already have), im going to forget the course!

cheers guy, i just read the newbie section and I guess the consistent message is read, research and learn by doing...prepare to lose (which I already have), im going to forget the course!

Have a look at the james16 chart thread on forexfactory.com that will be more benefit to you than any 2 or 3 grand course, and its free.

You'd be better off signing up for IG Index's 6 week trade sense *course*. By course it's an opportunity to trade (IIRC) ten pence bets for that 6 weeks. During which time you should avail yourself of all the info available in their education sections.

TBH that's a far better intro into to the world of financial spreading that'll cost you less than 200 quid, which you will lose when you first begin trading.

BTW want to know what K2A *give you*? Ultimately it's a simple strat based on 1-4hr TFs. Take trades (short or long) when MACD crosses and 5ema crosses the 20sma...er that's it...But to think you can hit the ground running after any course when Money Management and psyche is 99% of this game is ludicrous. K2A tap into the UK psyche that if you pay/go on a course/ get some educashun you'll do better...cant create a winner's mentality though...

You'd be better off signing up for IG Index's 6 week trade sense *course*. By course it's an opportunity to trade (IIRC) ten pence bets for that 6 weeks. During which time you should avail yourself of all the info available in their education sections.

TBH that's a far better intro into to the world of financial spreading that'll cost you less than 200 quid, which you will lose when you first begin trading.

BTW want to know what K2A *give you*? Ultimately it's a simple strat based on 1-4hr TFs. Take trades (short or long) when MACD crosses and 5ema crosses the 20sma...er that's it...But to think you can hit the ground running after any course when Money Management and psyche is 99% of this game is ludicrous. K2A tap into the UK psyche that if you pay/go on a course/ get some educashun you'll do better...cant create a winner's mentality though...

Additionally, there is a new outfit recently opened up who say their starting rate of 10p/pip is permanent, so very cheap to experiment in the longer term. I'm not going to give them (another) blatant plug, but if the OP can do a bit of research in this part of the forum, he shouldn't have to look back very far.