Which spread betting firm?

Hi

First forum posting...

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere:

Just started trading - using finspreads (50p). I've finished reading Pryor's Financial Spread Betting handbook. He makes reference to creating shorlists of stocks that meet certain criteria - 2 month highs ADX> 30 etc etc. I presume you set up filters in Sharescope Gold to do this.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a free package that provides you with EOD prices and the ability to filter for ADX, 2 mth highs, relative strength etc?

Thanks
David

Hello,

I wanted to answer your last question.

Well, I dont think there is any software out there that provides free EOD proces and ability to filter (Correct me if I am wrong). Out of the lot (Updata/Sharescope) I found Sharescope Pro to be much cheaper and easy to use. I have started to use Sharescope Pro that provides additional capability to filter data based on user defined criteria.

By the way, I am trading on CMC and find it very slow and lost money couple of times due to lack of response. I am thinking of switching anytime now.

Hope this helps.
Cheers!

10k, Hoggums,
With regards to rolling bets.
I have downloaded the IG handbook here:
http://www.igindex.co.uk/content/files/dealing_handbook.pdf

Scroll down to page 36 and it says:

"When a Daily bet is rolled over, the open
bet expires at the middle of our price at or
just after the expiry time and a new bet is
automatically opened for the next trading
day at the middle of our price plus or minus
the IG rollover spread. The IG rollover spread
is half a point in the case of Daily FTSE
products, 1 point in the case of Daily Wall
Street products and 0.1 points in the case of
Daily S&P products."

So it look like for rolling FTSE, you just pay 0.5 points spread

I am going to go through my statements for IG Index, and check how it works and how much it costs. I was a bit alarmed when some bets did roll over, and I was -£4.60 before trading started, that was on a £1 stake and a 25 point spread.

I am meeting today wit TDwaterhouse to discuss spreadbetting, and how their rollovers work to try and get the best deal.