Macci Code On Esignal

Grey1

Does any body have the WEEKLY AND MONTHLY code for MACCI on ESIGNAL ,, FIBBO has given me the 1,3,5, daily but we donot have the Weekly and MONTHLY

I appreciate if any one could help

thanks

Does any body have the WEEKLY AND MONTHLY code for MACCI on ESIGNAL ,, FIBBO has given me the 1,3,5, daily but we donot have the Weekly and MONTHLY

thanks

well it looks like there are no esignal people in here. or perhaps no good programmers :(

someone help this man out!! If I could I would do it in a flash for you Grey1. unfort for me programming makes my head spin :eek: maybe I have a ADD. I dont know

thanks

Hi Grey1
I'll get some information about EFS Script (about which I know nothing) from the web, .
Once I've had a look I should be able to tell you whether I can produce the code.
Having the code for the 1-3-5 might help if you are willing to let me have it.

Regards
Glenn

Esignal data delays

Having recently started to use Esignal on trial to drive Tradestation and Esignal charts, I have noticed some significant delays (up to 1 minute !) between the trade prices in the charts and those quoted by IB in TWS.
I sent an e-mail to Esignal and their is appended for information, in case anyone else is experiencing similar problems.
Glenn

----------------------------

29 February 2008 23:47
Dear Glenn

Thank you for your email.

Our buffers are designed to hold xx amount of data before they simply drop that data on the floor. The dropping starts occurring after a second or two. So, it’s virtually impossible for us to delay our data more than 2-3 seconds. If you are seeing a 30 second gap to another source, you are actually missing quotes.

We did get a spike of complaints yesterday about lagging but found no queuing over a few milliseconds in our systems. Plus, the way we send data, our buffers would be hard pressed to delay the data 2-3 seconds let alone 30 or 45 seconds.

We have been working to improve how the desktop handles these massive volume spikes and will make those available in 10.1 w/in a few weeks. In the meantime, there's a test you can run to see how your desktop is handling the load.

Try this the next time you see a lag in quotes. Open the Data Manager and click FILE, then Symbol Monitor (or F2 for a shortcut). Now enter a very active symbol that you feel is lagging in eSignal and then hit "ToReceiver". Try also minimizing eSignal or shutting down the eSignal app itself (leaving the DM running).

The symbol monitor screen should then update just as a quote window does. Try to compare the data in Symbol Monitor with your quote window and with your other sources. Can you see a difference? You can also open up a fresh page and enter in just 1 symbol and compare that way.

If you do see the lag go away under these test conditions, then the improvements in 10.1 should make a big difference. If you still see lags, then we need more troubleshooting, including checking our logs for your username to determine whether we're able to deliver all the packets downstream to you or not. You need to contact LiveRep or call us to do this username test as it needs to be done in realtime.

Thank You
Randy Gray
eSignal Support
(NYSE: IDC)

Glenn a possible problem could be your internet connection.
Do you know that this is not the case?
Cheers,
Imran

Glenn a possible problem could be your internet connection.
Do you know that this is not the case?
Cheers,
Imran

Hi ImranQ
Thanks for the thought.
I check my connection speed regularly using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test, especially when I've seen delays on E-signal. I get between 2 and 4 Mb which is more than enough for a data feed imo. My PC has two quad cores and 4Gb ram so that shouldn't be a problem either.

As you can see from their message, they have had other complaints and are aware of issues, so I'll do the test they recommend on Monday and see what transpires.
If anything potentially useful to others comes out of it I'll post again.
Cheers
Glenn

Also try doing a tracert and ping on the data server. This may indicate a route problem and tell you where about the problem is, if any. Probably better to do it during market hours although a failed server in the route may show you the problem immediately. Failing that then it would indeed seem that esignal are at fault.
Cheers,
Imran

Hi ImranQ
Thanks for the thought.
I check my connection speed regularly using Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test, especially when I've seen delays on E-signal. I get between 2 and 4 Mb which is more than enough for a data feed imo. My PC has two quad cores and 4Gb ram so that shouldn't be a problem either.

As you can see from their message, they have had other complaints and are aware of issues, so I'll do the test they recommend on Monday and see what transpires.
Cheers
Glenn

Also try doing a tracert and ping on the data server. This may indicate a route problem and tell you where about the problem is, if any. Probably better to do it during market hours although a failed server in the route may show you the problem immediately. Failing that then it would indeed seem that esignal are at fault.
Cheers,
Imran

OK thanks ImranQ - a good reminder.
Cheers
Glenn

Can anyone give me the link to download macci intraday in to eSignal, I'm the worst when it comes to programing, not sure if I can even do it, but I'll give it a go. If that fails can someone give me the formula to macci.

I sort of made one myself, from a CC1 5 and put a 4 simple moving average over it.for Grey' 1' room to have an idea what everyone was looking at, not sure how far off the macci it is, has the macci have smoothing added to it?

cheers

Last edited:
Can anyone give me the link to download macci intraday in to eSignal, I'm the worst when it comes to programing, not sure if I can even do it, but I'll give it a go. If that fails can someone give me the formula to macci.

I sort of made one myself, from a CC1 5 and put a 4 simple moving average over it.for Grey' 1' room to have an idea what everyone was looking at, not sure how far off the macci it is, has the macci have smoothing added to it?

cheers

Laptop1
Sent you a PM
Glenn

Hi ImranQ
Thanks for the thought.

Cheers
Glenn
Hi

I subscribed to IQ FEED last night and if the esignal problem does not go away i will stop using them ,,, PAUL seems to be happy with IQ so lets see if that is of any good..
Any other quality data provider around ?

Grey1

Hi

I subscribed to IQ FEED last night and if the esignal problem does not go away i will stop using them ,,, PAUL seems to be happy with IQ so lets see if that is of any good..
Any other quality data provider around ?

Grey1

Hi Grey1,

I currently experience no lag with esignal. However last year I did experience lagging problems all of a sudden and was told by the esignal techie that there were no issues at their end and that it must be my internet provider. Like you, I was getting great broadband speed but when I traced the "hops" between here and the server at esignal there was significant packet loss.

I contacted my ISP and asked whether they could re-route me but was told it was not possible since they had no control over the servers outside of New Zealand. I changed my ISP and the problem was solved.

A great piece of freeware is pingplotter available at PingPlotter which comes with an easy to use guide. It shows the various hops and packet loss in a graphical presentation.

Cheers
Jimmy

Hi all,

Interesting reading about this Macci signal! Like the above poster asked, can you get a similar response with the CCI and a4 or 5 weighted moving average, is there more to this, or is it a simple as that. ( I know in my heart of hearts, that it cannot be as simple as that!! lol)

So if anyone has the time to explain to me the rudimenteries of the system, it would be greatly appreciated, or point me in the right direction to where I can read up on it.

Whilst I am on here, anyone use Zen Fire with Ninja Trader, I am giving it a trial run, as of yesterday, would also appreciate thoughts and comments on the company and their platform, it was interesting to compare the YM prices with the SB's especailly CMC's! ?

Simple formula but lots to learn

Hi all,

Interesting reading about this Macci signal! Like the above poster asked, can you get a similar response with the CCI and a4 or 5 weighted moving average, is there more to this, or is it a simple as that. ( I know in my heart of hearts, that it cannot be as simple as that!! lol)

So if anyone has the time to explain to me the rudimenteries of the system, it would be greatly appreciated, or point me in the right direction to where I can read up on it.

Whilst I am on here, anyone use Zen Fire with Ninja Trader, I am giving it a trial run, as of yesterday, would also appreciate thoughts and comments on the company and their platform, it was interesting to compare the YM prices with the SB's especailly CMC's! ?
Lockstock

As far as the formula goes it is as simple as that. It's basically the average of CCI of length 6 with a smoothing length of 5.

How to make use of it effectively is more complicated and also needs consideration of other factors such as market and sector strength, risk and position size.

There are various threads dealing with swing trading and daytrading scattered around the forum e.g. Beflans thread (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technical-trader/27469-belflan-s-us-stock-swing-trades.html), the thread on Grey1's seminar on the 24th Feb dealing with swing and daytrading (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technical-trader/28390-grey-s-webminar-24th-jan.html) and another one dealing with daytrading (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/technical-trader/28655-day-trading-grey1-29th-feb.html)

I would recommend that you download the sound files for the 2 webinars as well, although the latter might not be available any longer as it covers a whole trading day.

Charlton

Hi Glenn,

I am a first time user here. I'd like you or anyone to give me a hand to implement Macci or other strategies into Esignal. Any help would be appreciated. thx

termy

Hi Glenn,

I am a first time user here. I'd like you or anyone to give me a hand to implement Macci or other strategies into Esignal. Any help would be appreciated. thx

termy

Termy
Sent you a PM with Macci code.
Glenn

hi has anybody got the esignal macci i can have please?

trying to set up ts2001i but having problems so i will have to use esignal charts for now.

regards,

jason

Hi,

I'm in the same position as JayJay - just got TS but haven't set it up yet and have subscribed to eSignal Live Charts. Is LiveCharts the right option and does anyone know if I can get the MACCI intraday indicators loaded?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

RJH