Lotteries - which one do you prefer?

PurplePerson

This game has been running a couple of months. Might appeal to someone bored with Lotto and a preferring to play with stock names instead of numbers
The 4th Market Stock Market Lottery

It involves placing ten well known UK stocks in order of how you think they will perform during the next trading day. At present the ten stocks are WTB, SBRY, TSCO, BT.A, BP., HSBA, VOD, RR., MKS, SGE (I don't know if they change them from time to time or stick with same ones). No great chance of winning the jackpot, but the lesser prizes appear quite easy to get in among (for what little they are worth!)

Odds against winning the jackpot are huge - but 3 to 4 times better than the National Lottery. Though at £100,000 per day and £1,000,000 per weekend they are smaller.

Which other lotteries do people here prefer?
(yes I know they are generally a waste of time - we all know that. But people still do them if only for fun)

PS: I previously posted something similar in another forum yesterday, but under the wrong category. Hence now sticking it here in The Foyer instead where it seems more appropriate.

Hello PurplePerson,
Have you tried the site yet,if so did you find it straight forward to use.It looks like a harmless bit of fun so I might give it a go after xmas,would appreciate anymore comments you may have...cheers

Had a look

No where does it seem to actually tell us how much it costs to enter even though they want your credit card details.

Looks a bit dodge when something as obvious as this cannot be found.

Perhaps you could enlighten?

To guarantee 100K prize every day must mean they are not counting on many getting it right very often

With odds of successfully predicting the 10 in the correct order at one in 3,628,800 then I imagine the 100K is fairly safe.:)

Not as ludicrous as Euro Lottery where the odds of the jackpot are 72 million to one!!

Had a look

No where does it seem to actually tell us how much it costs to enter even though they want your credit card details.

Looks a bit dodge when something as obvious as this cannot be found.

Perhaps you could enlighten?

To guarantee 100K prize every day must mean they are not counting on many getting it right very often

With odds of successfully predicting the 10 in the correct order at one in 3,628,800 then I imagine the 100K is fairly safe.:)

Not as ludicrous as Euro Lottery where the odds of the jackpot are 72 million to one!!

Hello ROLS,
Its a pound a go ,as many goes as you want then i think the highest points of the day wins a prize pool (shared if joint winners)for that day,then for an extra pound you can put your scores forward to the aggregate game where the highest points for the week are added up and if youve got a perfect 10 or over 30 points then it looks like youre in with a chance for the main prizes.All this can be found in the section under game rules on the bottom of their page on the left.Would be nice if they put those sought of details in plain view.

Hello ROLS,
Its a pound a go ,as many goes as you want then i think the highest points of the day wins a prize pool (shared if joint winners)for that day,then for an extra pound you can put your scores forward to the aggregate game where the highest points for the week are added up and if youve got a perfect 10 or over 30 points then it looks like youre in with a chance for the main prizes.All this can be found in the section under game rules on the bottom of their page on the left.Would be nice if they put those sought of details in plain view.

It's neat concept for those who like lottos with their impossible odds.

I suggest to make this even more appealing you could offer a range of products.
For example 10 European cities in the order of sunshine or rainfall.

Incidentally if I win the twenty grand I intend to trade it at least half as recklessly, £500k within six months or bust

I wish i lived in spain :(

I spend 6 euros per week on my preferred Spanish lottery and have, occasionally got back the price of a cup of coffee. VERY occasionally, I might add! :D

I have, however, won about 1100 pounds on British Premium Bonds over the last 21 years for 40 pounds invested. That might be worth it, I haven't done the arithmatic, but but I'm not holding my breath for getting rich.

Split