Losing my job...Is this a good thing.

Oh and welcome to t2w, goose4 :)
The positive things are your recognition of some of the problems and your willingness to seek help and advice.
I'm uncomfortable with,
"I feel success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

Could this be third time lucky?"

That is NOT success and this is a probability BUSINESS, it's NOT about "luck" 98% of the time.

I see the bottle as being one third full, not two thirds empty, but then I'm positive.
Negativity never did anyone ever good.
Richard

I'm still a newbie to trading so my advice is probably worth nothing - but why not look at a part-time job 3 days a week or something?
I'm 21 and at University and I work 3 days a week and I get £1400 - which for me is good money! Allows me to save £700 a month to put into an account for trading and use the rest for me. I also get a good bonus each 1/4 - this month I am getting just under £4k - then my salary.

Maybe not best to jump in with 2 feet. Like said before - earn a little while you trade. No harm in extra money.

My uncle used to be a stockbroker in London and at 39 retired - he is now 46 and he is bored out of his mind, he has travelled the world countless times and now he is a dog catcher in London haha! Geeez.

What's your job?

£80k can trade full time, but do it from some country that has cheaper living cost is better...

Thanks buddy....Will really look into what your doing sounds very interesting.I hope people can see some of the humor I present(y)

So I decided today im going to give it a try,will go live in about 8 weeks.

I have to take shortcuts with achieving the goals I want.

Thinking of putting 30000 in that concept software and let that ride for a year,looks good.

Looking to follow something along these lines.The forex is very appealing,it has perfect obedience to trendlines, support/resistance, patterns etc. and going down to even the 15-min timeframe -- anywhere else -- be it stocks, commodities or any other market, including Bonds. Forex is a technician's paradise and if one can harness the power of leverage as a mature, responsible adult, one can really pour on the hot coal.

Try and draw out my trend lines, sit back and watch as the market follows almost perfectly with them. You can make consistent gains because of that,simple moving averages do really well To further the synergy:

Then add this further exotic simplicity, but awesome in power, to your toolkit:

#1: On any timeframe, as the trend progresses, draw additional trendlines to follow the increased slope of Price -- quite often there will be 3 or 4, or more of these lines for steep sub-trends. Try this out for a few weeks and revel in the magic.

#2: Eur/Usd (or any other pair) ..... get a chart with data back to 1980 or thereabouts. Pick out the congestions and try to gauge the "center of gravity" aka the axis of these beasts -- eyeballing them is adequate; keep it simple -- no fancy calculations required. Mark these lines prominently on your weekly/monthly and daily charts.

The next time the market arrives in the vicinity, watch for the elasticity to "fire" -- you will know it when you see it; it is unmistakeable; it is much akin to a woman giving you that "look" -- you know she's going to "fire"

Dexterity with just these two basic, sublime skills will bring you a hefty return monthly.

Make it your business to master them to the extent of your skill becoming ART.

These are a few ideas been pondering with,human beings have an inalienable right to invent themselves.......

goose4,
You can trade US stocks intra-day direct access with $25k (about £15k).
1. Read the thread under my signature thoroughly and carefully.
2. Test it for yourself paper trading only for two months.
3. See what your results are. If you are profitable paper trading then PROVIDED YOU CAN OVERCOME the psychological factors eg over anxiety, over trading etc., start trading for real with very small size for two months.
4. If you are profitable then gradually scale up size.
5. I would consider placing £16k (about US$26.5k) in a direct access account and seeing what your return is before scaling up further.
6. If you cannot succeed because of psychological reasons - and you must be honest with yourself - stop BEFORE you get down to £15k.
Result:
If you succeed you will have found a great way of making much money than you expected or need.
If you fail you will have gained huge experience and still be left with £79k out of your £80k.

I gave up my full time dental practice in 1999 to trade like this. Ten years on it still works :)

Richard

This is a tough call... Having been a trader for 13 years and had to start all over again at the beginning of the year being backed, I would say find somewhere that will let you use a simulator for a few months, TT have a great one, and see what evolves...

Best of luck...

Most of the worthy things I can think have been already said in this or other threads.
So, anything else to add.

Oh! just a sec, i got one...

I need to be making on average 2000 pound clean per month

need:

1. A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted.
2. Something required or wanted; a requisite.
3. Necessity; obligation.
4. To be necessary.

:!: If you really "need" something, forget about trading and look for a job.

I totally agree with that statement.I have put a safety measure on that figure.

At a real min I only need:

600 per month for mortgage.

Council tax

Bills

Food

Works out at 1000 per month.I got no problem with this,you see if I made 2000 I would have a little bit for spare cash to play around with my sexy chick:love: (she like sex toys)

Most of the worthy things I can think have been already said in this or other threads.
So, anything else to add.

Oh! just a sec, i got one...

need:

1. A condition or situation in which something is required or wanted.
2. Something required or wanted; a requisite.
3. Necessity; obligation.
4. To be necessary.

:!: If you really "need" something, forget about trading and look for a job.

I totally agree with that statement.I have put a safety measure on that figure.

At a real min I only need:

600 per month for mortgage.

Council tax

Bills

Food

Works out at 1000 per month.I got no problem with this,you see if I made 2000 I would have a little bit for spare cash to play around with my sexy chick:love: (she like sex toys)

What if you are not succesful in making even any profit and you end up loosing month in month out. How will you feel even after months of practise you haven't come out of the loosing spree and at what point wil you say enough is enough. What is your plan of action?

It's not about the 2k pounds. It's about the word "need". Let me explain.

You had better trading without money in mind.
It's better think in terms of ticks, good choices and bad decisions. It's better think of the advisability of opening that position, the possible reasons to close it, how many ticks I gain, what could I do in order to improve, what i've done well or bad, what mistakes i've done....

That is absolutely impossible if you are thinking "with that operation i made money for this month's bills, I still need another one to buy food".
That will put more stress on you, and therefore your decisions will be affected.

The more free I am, the better I trade.
That's why I do quite well on papertrading and quite bad in real.
Put the money behind you, and focus in doing your best.

That's exactly what mi signature means: "Money is just a consequence" [of my wise choices and correct decisions. And a little bit of good luck as well]

Oh! Congratulations for that toy-lover babe :p

What if you are not succesful in making even any profit and you end up loosing month in month out. How will you feel even after months of practise you haven't come out of the loosing spree and at what point wil you say enough is enough. What is your plan of action?

Well Im trying to read about every thread in this board,make some threads ETC.Got some mean ass books on the way.

Check my post on page 24.

Im willing to take the risk.I have done this before but with no research and made it two years I was a cowboy trader (with much less money) I was very young,I did not think these type of boards existed back then.I dont think many traders came back from being blown away twice in your early 20's and try it again.My motto is PUSSY NEED TO APPLY:LOL:

Key thing is this book Technical Analysis of Stock Trends, 8th Ed. by John Magee, edited by Charles Bassetti.Its the bible.Big read.Devour the chapters on Trendlines & Support/Resistance!!!

Im so happy I have found this forum,its really cool and amazing members too!!

You need to start small and to have no weekly/monthly target. If you immediatly start with the mentality of aiming for £2k a month YOU WILL be overcome by greed.

Start with the aim of simply trading and see what you make week by week, then build on it.

Half the trouble is pressure and your emotions dictating you. If you let your emotions get the upper ghand its bye bye trading and back to being a wage slave.

I'd also consider just not doing this at all as you've done it before and not been successful.

Well Im trying to read about every thread in this board,make some threads ETC.Got some mean ass books on the way.

Check my post on page 24.

Im willing to take the risk.I have done this before but with no research and made it two years I was a cowboy trader (with much less money) I was very young,I did not think these type of boards existed back then.I dont think many traders came back from being blown away twice in your early 20's and try it again.My motto is PUSSY NEED TO APPLY:LOL:

Key thing is this book Technical Analysis of Stock Trends, 8th Ed. by John Magee, edited by Charles Bassetti.Its the bible.Big read.Devour the chapters on Trendlines & Support/Resistance!!!

Im so happy I have found this forum,its really cool and amazing members too!!
You're where I was about a year ago in terms of knowledge and understanding, and even now with another years dilligent daily study of every twist and turn of the market, I still wouldn't even comtemplate trading fulltime. You seem breathtakingly naive to be frank, and telling you this feels like I'm having to shout at my kitten for peeing on the bed.

As I said before I am still new to this so I may be completely wrong here, but:-

If you are saying you need to make at least £2,000 a month - are you not going to feel pressured by this figure? Will this not haze you judgement into making decisions purely because you know if you don't make £2,000 a month - you need to pay bills and mortgage and so on?

Like I said I may be completely wrong, but personally for me, if I knew I had to make £2,000 a month as my only area of income - my concentration would be focused on that figure, rather than on making rational and accurate decisions in order to make a growing profit.

You're where I was about a year ago in terms of knowledge and understanding, and even now with another years dilligent daily study of every twist and turn of the market, I still wouldn't even comtemplate trading fulltime. You seem breathtakingly naive to be frank, and telling you this feels like I'm having to shout at my kitten for peeing on the bed.

someone here once told me he learn practice trading for 4 months and been trading full time for 4 years now.. lol