Applying for this job

self

Ok, Hi guys. Anyway, I've been studying the markets for the past year or so and I've been applying for an absolute mass of different jobs. I was on the jobstoday website this morning and saw this post:

Trainee Stockbroker / Investments Advisor, Blackburn, Lancashire

To me this sounds pretty good, I don't really mind about the pay to be honest as anything will do. Anyway, I just wanted to ask what you guys think about it, I've been re-doing my CV for a couple of hours. As I say I have a keen interest in the markets. Any info is appreciated. :cheesy:

EDIT: Yeah so after some research this does look like a con to me, Jeez, it's bad enough trying to find a job without people trying to con you.

Last edited:
self;763006} EDIT: Yeah so after some research this does look like a con to me said:
I'm pretty certain it's with Edward Jones, you'll see a lot of similar ads covering the whole country. As far as I'm aware, it's basically a franchise and you have to build the business yourself. I don't imagine that being much fun in this climate.

definitely edward jones or something very similar... a complete waste of time in my opinion even though they do get a good rating on the top 100 grad recruiters... you have to cold call to get your own clients & its 100% commission based so very little chance of making the kind of money they are promising