Lord Sugar.

Splitlink

Legendary member
I'm wondering whether Alan Sugar will be able to do what no one else seems able to, ie.
fire Gordon Brown.

If he can do that he may be worth his peerage.

Mr. Braaan, quite frankly, yer a tot'al shambles

yer fired

sugar-404_681937c.jpg

gordonbrown460.jpg

Nah, it was Lord Saccharine now or nothing - no chance of a peerage under the Tories. :)

"no chance of a peerage under the Tories"
............not refined enough :)
Richard

Gordon brown will hold a rpess conference at 4pm. (ransquawk)

just to talk about the reshuffle, isnt it? not his resignation?

That's my understanding ;)
You never know though. I'm tempted to stick a One week 1.5500 cable one touch on just in case. Just gonn run it through my pricer now to see what the cost should be.

....Sugar is just a east end market trader done good, he has market trader's mentality in his approach to business......!

....His TV programme is a classic approach to market traders way of doing things....

....Not a good appointment.....it is just a popular stunt...!

Last edited:
....Sugar is just a east end market trader done good, he has market trader's mentality in his approach to business......!

....His programme is a classic approach to market traders way of doing things....

what a right royal load of old toss

what a right royal load of old toss

....fart and a belch.....good food under tent with a hump...!

"no chance of a peerage under the Tories"
............not refined enough

Very good, Richard. :)

I reckon It's more that he's of a certain caster of mind.......being a life long Labour supporter. :)

This is promising to become quite addictive too...... some old rockers never die? :)

Cheers

Mayfly

....His TV programme is a classic approach to market traders way of doing things....

Have to disagree with you here.

He is my idea of no-nosense bread and butter business man.

I would also add that some of those wheel barrow boys can run enterprise business better than our tosh talking fat cats.

Who would have thought our RBS bankers would employ retail bods in executive roles.

Strongly disagree. :!:

I believe that Cohen, of Tesco, had a similar background. They bring new blood and thinking into business. In fact, a lot of people are jealous (and frightened) of them.

I wonder if he will be able to do anything, though,

I remember the Spanish judge, Garzon, accepted a job in Gonzalez's government. He lasted less than a year before he went back to the bench again.

I believe that Cohen, of Tesco, had a similar background. They bring new blood and thinking into business. In fact, a lot of people are jealous (and frightened) of them.

I wonder if he will be able to do anything, though,

I remember the Spanish judge, Garzon, accepted a job in Gonzalez's government. He lasted less than a year before he went back to the bench again.

Sugar's used to speaking his mind, cutting out the crap, being decisive and persisting with schemes that work. How any of that squares with Gordo & his lot beats me!

The show's the show at the end of the day, and besides I'm told that he's mainly into property these days and there's not much that's entrepreneurial about that IMO? But, I guess it qualifies as enterprising?

Anyway, I'd like to hear some comments or views from any Tottenham supporters here - didn't they get their fingers burned by Sugar somewhere along the way?

Sugar's used to speaking his mind, cutting out the crap, being decisive and persisting with schemes that work. How any of that squares with Gordo & his lot beats me!

:LOL:

Gordon picked him because of the celebrity show. He's hoping that he'll have someone
who will be popular with the people. If that is the case, Sugar will advise firing left. right and centre. We'll see who gets fed up with whom, first.

....UK' has become reality show, big brother, UK has talent etc etc kind of culture....

....Reality is that UK has in last 40 years has become a 'pound shop' culture with 'white van man' economy way of things.....we don't manufature anything...we import everything from everywhere.....we are just a service industry now, selling burgers to each other....we cannot hold a candle to BRIC countries who are forging ahead....

....Hardly what was once a powerhouse economy....

...Sugar perhaps fits in nicely in all this....

Last edited: